What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (2 Viewers)

I need him in but I'd rather him sit out if he's not 100%. Can't afford another 4 weeks out due to tweaking the hammy in the second quarter this week.

I need him in but I'd rather him sit out if he's not 100%. Can't afford another 4 weeks out due to tweaking the hammy in the second quarter this week.
I'm not sure about 100% but he won't play unless he's very close. I found it slightly odd that he sat last week given that he never actually missed any practice time and he didn't look to be in any discomfort when warming up as a GTD.

As for the match-up, I don't think it's all that daunting. CHI and MIA didn't seem to have much trouble running on them, the volume just wasn't there because they found themselves down. The volume was there for D.Brown but he managed 62 yards on 31 carries which greatly skews the stats. HOU is home and is technically favored. I'm going to be starting him with some confidence.

Oh also John McClain, an extremely reliable source had this to say..

Dave Richard@daverichard 1h
Talked to @McClain_on_NFL on @CBSSportsRadio, he expects Arian Foster to play. Said: "They wouldn't play him if he wasn't 100 percent."

Jamey Eisenberg@JameyEisenberg 1h
We have @McClain_on_NFL on @CBSSportsRadio now and he expects Arian Foster to play as normal. "He'll get the ball like he always does."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure about 100% but he won't play unless he's very close. I found it slightly odd that he sat last week given that he never actually missed any practice time and he didn't look to be in any discomfort when warming up as a GTD.

As for the match-up, I don't think it's all that daunting. CHI and MIA didn't seem to have much trouble running on them, the volume just wasn't there because they found themselves down. The volume was there for D.Brown but he managed 62 yards on 31 carries which greatly skews the stats. HOU is home and is technically favored. I'm going to be starting him with some confidence.

Oh also John McClain, an extremely reliable source had this to say..

Dave Richard@daverichard 1h
Talked to @McClain_on_NFL on @CBSSportsRadio, he expects Arian Foster to play. Said: "They wouldn't play him if he wasn't 100 percent."

Jamey Eisenberg@JameyEisenberg 1h
We have @McClain_on_NFL on @CBSSportsRadio now and he expects Arian Foster to play as normal. "He'll get the ball like he always does."
Makes sense. This isn't like one of us going out jogging with a hammy injury. You can't play RB in the NFL unless your hammy is 100%. Would be re-tweaked on the first drive.

Let's hope the training staff realizes this, and that also Foster is honest.

Arian Foster (hamstring) is active for Week 4 against the Bills.
Foster will be available for a full workload after sitting out last week. He's Rotoworld's No. 12 running back against the Bills' top-five run defense. Inactive for the Texans are QB Tom Savage, OLB Jadeveon Clowney, S Shiloh Keo, CB AJ Bouye, WR Devier Posey, S Eddie Pleasant, and OT Jeff Adams.

Im prolly starting him, but it makes me nervous. If he's playing its hard to keep him on your bench though.

ghostguy123 said:
Makes sense. This isn't like one of us going out jogging with a hammy injury. You can't play RB in the NFL unless your hammy is 100%. Would be re-tweaked on the first drive.

Let's hope the training staff realizes this, and that also Foster is honest.
Right on. Foster would not be playing if they didn't think he could handle normal load.

Absolutely starting him.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 1m
Arian Foster moving with a slight limp. Texans will monitor his hamstring early in the game, determine his workload from there.

Hmm..
sonuva....... decisions decisons.
I mean Breer is right there on the field. Still, I don't see how Foster would go if he thought he was going to re-injure the hammy after all the crap he's gone through in the past.
Seems like a bit of rope-a-dope.

I'll gladly play the dope. Benched him for FJax and Reggie Bush. If I were an underdog, I might've rolled the dice on Foster.

watching the game. i haven't noticed foster with any kind of limp whatsoever, and as far as i could tell he was on the field for every play of houston's 1st possession.

Riding a stationary bike on the sidelines.
this means nothing, just an FYI. Will likely do that all day.

And as for this "limp" thing, wow, stupid. Any hammy injury that causes a limp would be impossible to run on. IMPOSSIBLE. If he was limping, it had nothing to do with a hammy

Well, last thing they should do is let foster take expended breaks. If he is indeed done for the day, they have the absolute dumbest training staff in the world.

Its amazing how bad some professional sports teams are at treating hamstring issues. Mindboggling

It blows my mind that they would start him with a jacked up hamstring. They risk losing him for several weeks if he makes it worse.

Part of this is on the player too. If he's not sure, or able to make honest assessments of his own health, the training staff certainly can't.

Not sure if that applies in this case, or with Foster in general though. :dunno:

Rotoworld:

Arian Foster totaled 61 yards on 15 touches in Sunday's Week 4 win over Buffalo.

Foster was held to six yards on eight carries, but was targeted 10 times by checkdown artist Ryan Fitzpatrick. He was clearly running at half-speed and looked sluggish throughout the game. Alfred Blue was used in a committee and finished with more rushing attempts. Foster is on pace for 252 carries, 996 yards, and four touchdowns through four weeks. He should outperform those numbers provided he stays healthy. Foster has a plus matchup against the Cowboys in Week 5.

Sep 28 - 5:07 PM

Rotoworld:

Arian Foster totaled 61 yards on 15 touches in Sunday's Week 4 win over Buffalo.

Foster was held to six yards on eight carries, but was targeted 10 times by checkdown artist Ryan Fitzpatrick. He was clearly running at half-speed and looked sluggish throughout the game. Alfred Blue was used in a committee and finished with more rushing attempts. Foster is on pace for 252 carries, 996 yards, and four touchdowns through four weeks. He should outperform those numbers provided he stays healthy. Foster has a plus matchup against the Cowboys in Week 5.

Sep 28 - 5:07 PM
Cowboys matchup doesn't mean much unless Foster is healthy.

Rotoworld:

Texans coach Bill O'Brien referred to Arian Foster (hamstring) on Monday as "day to day."

Foster himself acknowledged he wasn't 100 percent in Sunday's win over the Bills, managing six yards on eight carries. He'll likely continue to be limited in practice all week, before being a game-time decision on Sunday morning. The Texans face the Cowboys in a 1PM ET game this week.

Source: Houston Chronicle
Sep 29 - 5:20 PM

Balls. Was hoping he made it thru last week unscathed. Is this just holding him out as precaution or did he tweak his hamstring? Any insight would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Balls. Was hoping he made it thru last week unscathed. Is this just holding him out as precaution or did he tweak his hamstring? Any insight would be appreciated
Foster said he wasn't 100% against the Bills, so it wouldn't require anything having worsened in the game for him to rest some this week. Haven't heard definitively either way though.

No news came out that he had a setback. In fact, his usage last week was likely to ensure he gets better (we hope).

Not sure I want to wait until Sunday to count on him again when the alternatives are Lacy and Asiata tomorrow night. Think I'm gonna play the Thursday lottery and start those two unless we hear some good news tomorrow.

Foster said he wasn't 100% against the Bills, so it wouldn't require anything having worsened in the game for him to rest some this week. Haven't heard definitively either way though.
no idea why he played. he said it has hurt him for 2 months. i guess its one of those things that may just never get better? it seems he cant shut it down and hope it gets better, it would just take too long.

I would be leery (and am leery since I own Foster) of the amount of touches that Foster will get this Sunday. The Texans play the Colts at home a week from today. That is a vitally important game for the Texans to win if they are to have any shot at winning the division or making the playoffs. While this Sunday is important it is not as important as next week because it is a non-conference game. The short week will give the players limited time to recover from Sunday's games. I could definitely see Bill O'Brien using Foster sparingly so that he will have more in the tank for Thursday's game against Indy. The fact that they have already come out and said that Arian wasn't 100% last week and that he is day to day gives them some cover for reduced use on Sunday. Just food for thought.

Ugh...if he doesn't go, I guess I can plug Stacy in the lineup. Why risk injuriing him further last week? Let him rest and heal for a couple of weeks and then come back. Tate had a hamstring problem and sat out for the last two games (week 4 bye) and is supposedly looking good and running at full steam. With Foster's injury history, you'd think they would let him sit for a couple weeks to rest/heal.

Not sure I want to wait until Sunday to count on him again when the alternatives are Lacy and Asiata tomorrow night. Think I'm gonna play the Thursday lottery and start those two unless we hear some good news tomorrow.
I would definitely take a chance with the two who are going tonight.

yup. I'm rolling out Lacy and Asiata. I'll make the call Sunday on whether I go with Foster or Montee. If Foster is a go, then I gotta start him, though.

yup. I'm rolling out Lacy and Asiata. I'll make the call Sunday on whether I go with Foster or Montee. If Foster is a go, then I gotta start him, though.
If I had Montee I would definitely go with him over Foster. I just have a bad feeling that even if Foster plays, O'Brien is going to protect Foster so that he can play against the Colts.

The ####ty thing is that I can foresee HOU keeping him active even when far less than 100%. The mere threat of Foster in the backfield is absolutely huge for HOU.

its so dumb to play him while hes hurt. he will never heal and is at a huge risk for a long term injury.just get him better ffs.

its so dumb to play him while hes hurt. he will never heal and is at a huge risk for a long term injury.just get him better ffs.
They were trotting his gimp ### out there on every 3rd down last week and he was still somehow producing in PPR. I don't think they feel very confident with Blue/Grimes in the backfield when the game is on the line. It sucks.

ya, i was watching it and crossing my fingers and closing my eyes the whole time. hes dangerously close to being wasted for the season and theres just no reason for it.

Users who are viewing this thread