What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (4 Viewers)

It's a shame his career will be limited by all the injuries. When he's right, he's one of the best to play in this era of the dying breed of bell cows. He's a special player who could have been one of the greats of all time with some longevity. He burned me in FF last year so I couldn't bring myself to draft him this year but I'm still a huge fan of this guy and liked seeing him succeed last night.
:lmao: limited by all the injuries? Has he been injured more than the average RB in his career?
No kidding. What Rb can you look at a 6-8 year chunk of career and not find some downtime?I don't want to go too far, but, FF-wise, at least, I'd put his career up against any RB not in the super elite fantasy arc (Faulk, etc).

To me, his run right now is every bit as impressive as the golden Shaun Alexander years, the Larry Johnson years, Priest, etc.

He's not as good as Terrell Davis' impact but he has a long impact already (unless he drops dead tomorrow).
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's not unlike most RBs with the injuries, it's more of a selfish thing for me. I would have liked to have seen him play for much longer at an elite level because I do think he's in a tier above Terrell Davis all time with his receiving skills.
You talk about him like he's already done. Weird.
I think he's much closer to being done than at mid career. Chronic back and hammies don't go away easily especially with the way Houston pounds him into the ground when they feel they can.

It's a shame his career will be limited by all the injuries. When he's right, he's one of the best to play in this era of the dying breed of bell cows. He's a special player who could have been one of the greats of all time with some longevity. He burned me in FF last year so I couldn't bring myself to draft him this year but I'm still a huge fan of this guy and liked seeing him succeed last night.
:lmao: limited by all the injuries? Has he been injured more than the average RB in his career?
No kidding. What Rb can you look at a 6-8 year chunk of career and not find some downtime?I don't want to go too far, but, FF-wise, at least, I'd put his career up against any RB not in the super elite fantasy arc (Faulk, etc).

To me, his run right now is every bit as impressive as the golden Shaun Alexander years, the Larry Johnson years, Priest, etc.

He's not as good as Terrell Davis' impact but he has a long impact already (unless he drops dead tomorrow).
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's not unlike most RBs with the injuries, it's more of a selfish thing for me. I would have liked to have seen him play for much longer at an elite level because I do think he's in a tier above Terrell Davis all time with his receiving skills.
I think he's much closer to being done than at mid career. Chronic back and hammies don't go away easily especially with the way Houston pounds him into the ground when they feel they can.
To be fair, any RB who has 5 years in the league is closer to the end than the middle.

Meh...they play on Monday so the Thursday practice is really like a normal Wednesday practice. Not too worried.
Normally would agree, but this lists a specific injury to an area that's kind of critical for and RB. This may not be a normal "let's rest our guy to avoid further dings" and bears monitoring.

To be fair, any RB who has 5 years in the league is closer to the end than the middle.
So to be fair, you agree with my sentiments. :suds:

He's untradable in my dynasty. Contenders are saying they might give a 2nd round pick. 'Injury prone'. It's a ####### joke.

I'm rebuilding and probably won't really capitalize on Foster's production in the next 2 years. If his name was LT. and he was 28 and putting up these numbers he'd go for a first plus.
I bought him on July 11th.

Got Foster and a 2015 2nd round pick for Christine Michael.

Loving it

He's untradable in my dynasty. Contenders are saying they might give a 2nd round pick. 'Injury prone'. It's a ####### joke.

I'm rebuilding and probably won't really capitalize on Foster's production in the next 2 years. If his name was LT. and he was 28 and putting up these numbers he'd go for a first plus.
I bought him on July 11th.

Got Foster and a 2015 2nd round pick for Christine Michael.

Loving it
Funny. I offered Foster and Reggie Wayne for Michael and a 2nd back in July and was laughed at. Sometimes the best trades are the ones not made.

Rotoworld:

Arian Foster rushed for 102 yards on 20 carries in the Texans' 30-23, Week 7 loss to the Steelers on Monday night, adding four catches for 13 yards and one touchdown.

Foster got off to a blazing start, rushing for 59 yards on the Texans' 94-yard opening touchdown drive, but was vultured by Alfred Blue for the 11-yard touchdown catch to cap it off. The wheels then fell off the Texans later in the half, and they never recovered. Foster was part of the problem, as he lost a fumble at his own three-yard line, setting up Le'Veon Bell's easy TD. Foster gave fantasy owners a scare on the third series of the game when he appeared to twist his knee while getting bent backward on a tackle. He shook it off and remained in the game. His score came from one yard out late in the fourth quarter. A locked-in RB1 any week he plays, Foster gets a date with the Titans in Week 8.

Oct 20 - 11:47 PM

If this dude just would've stayed healthy he could have quite possibly matched Murray's 7 straight 100+ yard game record.
Owning both of these guys and hoping they stay healthy all year is like trying to catch lightning in bottle.

It's an incredibly fun ride while it lasts!

If this dude just would've stayed healthy he could have quite possibly matched Murray's 7 straight 100+ yard game record.
Owning both of these guys and hoping they stay healthy all year is like trying to catch lightning in bottle.

I was just thinking to myself earlier, under no circumstance could I have seen myself drafting both of them in a single league this year. I'm not exactly risk averse (obviously, I was targeting Foster this year) but I already have a tough enough time watching Foster run every Sunday haha.

I was just thinking to myself earlier, under no circumstance could I have seen myself drafting both of them in a single league this year. I'm not exactly risk averse (obviously, I was targeting Foster this year) but I already have a tough enough time watching Foster run every Sunday haha.
Pairing the two was not the plan but I was relatively high on both and its the way my auction played out. I'm just trying to enjoy it at the moment but my nerves are tested on game days.

When healthy these two have as good a combo of talent and situation of any backs in FF right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

So to be fair, you agree with my sentiments. :suds:
Chronologically, yes. I Agree. I just wanted to make the point that I wouldn't read that statement as a "he's going down soon" type of thing. Foster is Foster. Always under appreciated and over criticized.

This guy is unreal. Not gonna lie, I didn't feel great about taking him & Antonio Brown at the 2/3 turn and they're carrying me. Chalk one up for "don't waste time/energy forming opinions & let VBD do the work".

Very very quiet in here-- even if he gets nicked-- this dude is flat carrying my team. 30+ 3 of the last 4 weeks in my league. Unreal. Bought him for scraps (A Johnson & D Martin) when he was nicked.

Its great to see. Kind of hard to think that, despite Forte's Marshall Faulk-ish run he is on, that Foster is right there with him and is actually averaging 2 more points a game than Matt Forte in games played. Had he not essentially missed 2 games this season, he would be in a tier all by himself right now.

Guy has been so good. After going Graham/Rodgers from the 7 hole, I needed to hit my RB pick hard and it couldn't have worked out better. He is their entire offense and if he stays healthy I think he will end up as RB1 this year.

Guy has been so good. After going Graham/Rodgers from the 7 hole, I needed to hit my RB pick hard and it couldn't have worked out better. He is their entire offense and if he stays healthy I think he will end up as RB1 this year.
Went Bryant/Green from the 8 hole, also picked up Foster in the 3rd. Green's injury really hasn't affected me as I picked up Cobb in the 5th and Sanders in the 9th. Tied for first at 6-2.

Anyone who picked up Foster in the 3rd or later is probably sitting pretty right now

Charles/Foster from the 4 spot in 12 team. Those 2 and keeping me in that league.

I picked up Foster in the 3rd in two leagues. In one, I traded him for Jennings and Edelman week 3. UGH. In the other league, I'm 7-1. I want to go back in time and punch myself for even considering trading him.

On a scale of 1-10 how much should Foster owns without A. Blue be freaking out? In other words, how bad did it look? Thanks in advance.

On a scale of 1-10 how much should Foster owns without A. Blue be freaking out? In other words, how bad did it look? Thanks in advance.
Didn't see the game, but heard that he threw his helmet in anger after the play. And the ESPN "ticker" just showed GROIN behind his name. <_<

Didn't see the game, but heard that he threw his helmet in anger after the play. And the ESPN "ticker" just showed GROIN behind his name. <_<
Groin has been listed on the injury report for about 3 weeks. Maybe he just aggravated it. 2 weeks to heal.

Groin has been listed on the injury report for about 3 weeks. Maybe he just aggravated it. 2 weeks to heal.
From your typing fingers to the fantasy gods ears! :cool:

ESPN Texans reporter Tania Ganguli senses "some pessimism" on Arian Foster's groin injury.

Source: Tania Ganguli on Twitter

Glad I handcuffed, but Blue of course is a big dropoff. Fresh legs though!

ESPN Texans reporter Tania Ganguli senses "some pessimism" on Arian Foster's groin injury.

Source: Tania Ganguli on Twitter

Glad I handcuffed, but Blue of course is a big dropoff. Fresh legs though!
wtf is this even supposed to mean? lol.

Foster will head for an MRI to determine the severity of his latest soft-tissue ailment. But given how frustrated he was at the time of the injury (he threw his helmet) and the "pessimism" from Ganguli, we'd be worried about his status following the Week 11 bye. Backup Alfred Blue is a must-add across the board.
Related: Alfred Blue
Not saying it isn't serious since no one knows #### yet but :lmao: @ RW.

Users who are viewing this thread