What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (1 Viewer)

The Houston Chronicle's Aaron Wilson expects Arian Foster to have an increased role in Thursday night's Week 5 game against the Colts.
Wilson even believes Foster's role could "dramatically increase" four days after making his season debut following training-camp groin surgery. If the Texans want to win, they need to have Foster playing an every-down role. Ryan Mallett has shown prolonged stretches of incompetence at quarterback, and he can't be throwing the ball 40-plus times a game for Houston to have success. Foster is a locked-in RB1, even on a short week and coming back from serious injury.

So is Mallett going to start? He's gotta stop throwing at receivers feet.
Yeah, as a Foster owner last year I got tired of Fitzmagic but watching this Sunday I couldnt believe how many one hoppers Mallet threw.

Gotta hope for an improvement in QB play to sustain some drives and give Foster more opportunities to do his thing.

Foster makes the passing game look passable. Between catching the ball, drawing defenders away when he runs routes, keeping 8 in the box to free Hopkins, setting up second and short, which means less blitzing, and good pass blocking, the whole offense changes when he's there.

Foster makes the passing game look passable. Between catching the ball, drawing defenders away when he runs routes, keeping 8 in the box to free Hopkins, setting up second and short, which means less blitzing, and good pass blocking, the whole offense changes when he's there.
Ya they've had horrible qbs forever there. An elite player can change the entire complexion of an offense.

Just announced that Hasselback is starting tonight for the Colts instead of Luck. That has to help Foster a bit in regards to field position/time of possession. :fingers crossed:

I bet he catches at least 6 passes tonight. The colts don't have the defensive personnel to get out into space with him on the short passing games. The game should be close throughout and the offensive opps. increased for the Texans. Unless Hilton blows up on them big and early again and the Texans fall into the buzzsaw again this week, I expect 100+ 1-2 Tds and good catching numbers.

This is set up as the classic Arian Foster game.

Starting him with zero confidence. I got no one else.
Being forced to start a healthy Arian Foster at home against a team he always plays well is a great problem to have. I kind of wish I had no one else, it would make my decision to start Foster a lot easier. I would need to sit A.J. Green v. Seattle or Hopkins to make room for Foster. I know, I know, another good problem to have.

Starting him over Dion Lewis. My concern is he still hasn't practiced in full and was ineffective in week 4. Yet there he is, in my starting lineup.

Starting him over Dion Lewis. My concern is he still hasn't practiced in full and was ineffective in week 4. Yet there he is, in my starting lineup.
I would somehow get lewis into your lineup as well unless you have charles or leveon bell or someone in that tier over him lewis will put up points against dallas

Last edited by a moderator:
Tania Ganguli@taniagangulihttps://twitter.com/taniaganguli
Arian Foster will get the ball as much as he can take tonight against the Colts with Alfred Blue taking the... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0443889590151944432-4 …
I have no doubt that is true. I expect him to see 20-25 carries tonight and several receptions. Problem is the Colts have no respect for the Texans QBs so will likely load the box against Foster all night. I hope he goes off on my bench so I know I've got a top 7 back going forward, I'm just not quite confident enough at this point to play him over my other quality options.

Arian Foster will get the ball as much as he can take tonight against the Colts with Alfred Blue taking the... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0443889590151944432-4 …
I have no doubt that is true. I expect him to see 20-25 carries tonight and several receptions. Problem is the Colts have no respect for the Texans QBs so will likely load the box against Foster all night. I hope he goes off on my bench so I know I've got a top 7 back going forward, I'm just not quite confident enough at this point to play him over my other quality options.
Foster has historically owned the colts. Its going to be karma if you lose this week because you benched him.

Foster has historically owned the colts. Its going to be karma if you lose this week because you benched him.
Yawn

Have him in over Devonta Freeman for flex in PPR.
Wow
Yep, that's a gutsy call.
Both are at home. Colts rank 17th in points allowed to RB in my scoring. Redskins #1 in points allowed. How much of a difference do you see between them in PPR scoring?
It's close. It's just tough to bench a guy who has performed like Freeman has recently. I hope it works out for you.

Wow
Both are at home. Colts rank 17th in points allowed to RB in my scoring. Redskins #1 in points allowed. How much of a difference do you see between them in PPR scoring?
It's close. It's just tough to bench a guy who has performed like Freeman has recently. I hope it works out for you.
Thanks. I'd be lying if I did not admit part of putting Foster in tonight is that he gets me some TNF action. With Shorts and Washington not suiting up at WR, I see that as more opportunities for Foster in the passing game. Who knows. Thanks, again. Enjoy the game.

Wow
It's magic football - Anything is possible.

I'm starting Freeman over Foster because of the roll Freeman is on and we haven't seen much from Foster yet.

But I could be regretting that decision in a few minutes.

Fwiw, Skins yeild the last fantasy production to opposing rbs this season. Foster will out produce Freeman this weekend.

Wow
Don't think it's gutsy. What's more likely? Asian foster has a good day or Freeman continues to score 3 tds?
1. Freeman doesn't have to score 3 TDs to be a stud2. Any time you bench a player that has been producing like a stud it's gutsy

3. Nothing wrong with gutsy
Sure, anyone can make any call they want. It's okay by me. I just find it funny that everyone thinks the risky move is going with a guy that has never had more than 15 fantasy points in a game except for two weeks over a perennial stud but yet when we talk about players on the boards, stats and past performance dominates the arguments.

Users who are viewing this thread