What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (2 Viewers)

Practiced fully on Wednesday, Limited on Thursday.

i drafted him in 2010 in my dynasty and i feel like i am not willing to accept reality and keep holding out hope...

Practiced fully on Wednesday, Limited on Thursday.

i drafted him in 2010 in my dynasty and i feel like i am not willing to accept reality and keep holding out hope...
You're not alone. We have a guy in my dynasty league who keeps Foster through thick and thin the last 2 years. Hoping for him to regain that form from the glory days in Houston. It's not coming back fellas.

Exactly!  Give me one of these risk free running backs who are going ahead of him

3.4 thomas rawls - "getting really close"to coming off the pup list so he can compete for the starting job

3.9 Cj anderson - bust last year, den drafted a rookie who is getting good reviews and lost their top 2 qbs

4.6 Demarco Murray - probably going to get over half the carries for a terrible team with an unimaginative offense

4.9 Dion Lewis - might not start the season on the PUP list

4.11 Jeremy Langford - a nice john fox committee back with a mediocre ypc who will probably share touchdown duties.  Look at that upside!

5.1 jeremy hill - yeah he disappointed last year but at least he has hue oh

5.2 matt jones - mattiocre

5.6 jonathan stewart - much younger and less injury prone than foster wait no the opposite of that

5.9 ryan mathews - see stewart, jonathan

5.10 deangelo williams - at least you know he'll start for 4 games unless bell somehow appeals his suspension

6.4 chris ivory - hes like jordan howard but older

6.5 melvin gordon - maybe this is the year he beats out danny woodhead

With all those good safe picks at rb you'd be crazy to take a guy drawing rave reviews in camp.
I think I still like this "Dirty Dozen" better then Foster...

I think I still like this "Dirty Dozen" better then Foster...
As well you should.  That was a list of guys getting drafted ahead of foster, not behind him.  Would you rather have taken rawls at 3.4?  I doubt it.  Dion lewis or jeremy langford in the 4th?  

Kudos to you for picking the entire field of guys who were picked ahead of him and claiming victory for some of them doing better, i guess, but if you really wanted to be brave you could have replied with who you liked better in early august instead of late october.  

I love the way the Arian Foster hype train is beginning to pick up steam. Woo, woo! All aboard, everyone!

This train is so not going to crash after a few weeks when Foster totally inevitably gets hurt again, oh no, this is not totally predictable, oh no.

:tfp:
Soooo predictable.

But even that hypothesis is wildly optimistic. Even if he is not hurt the Fins running game is going to be terrible and he is going to be in a RBBC because he's too old and too hurt to carry a full-time load. A good week for him if he is not hurt is going to be 60-70 yards. That's not going to win you many games.
I called it!

Ah, I remember my first time being right too.

Enjoy it junior. Oh wait, clearly you already are.
LOL. Love this.  Way to bump your bold prediction.  Who else would have thought an old RB that's taken a ton of abuse and has had a history of injuries would get hurt?  What a bold prediction!

Before we anoint Miro Z the uber fantasy guru we should remember he also predicted "the Fins running game is going to be terrible." 

Consecutive 200+ yard rushing games is anything but terrible. Let's give him 50% credit and award the crown to a more deserving recipient.
sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome Miro Z is!

Guy is better than Otis.

As well you should.  That was a list of guys getting drafted ahead of foster, not behind him.  Would you rather have taken rawls at 3.4?  I doubt it.  Dion lewis or jeremy langford in the 4th?  

Kudos to you for picking the entire field of guys who were picked ahead of him and claiming victory for some of them doing better, i guess, but if you really wanted to be brave you could have replied with who you liked better in early august instead of late october.  
Just admit you backed an old and broken down horse.

It's not hard.

ETA:  And for the record; All I said was the 5th round was way too high for him... and it was.  I'll save you the trouble.  Here was my reply:

Langford actually averaged a full yard better than Foster last year...  Last time I saw Foster play he looked over the hill.   It's easy to put a negative spin on any RB as the league is loaded with question marks and committees. As a fan, I want Foster to do well but I stand my first statement - 5th round is too high for me.

And, yes, even with the question marks I'll take my chances with younger players.  Oft injured, 30 year old backs aren't the best bet on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
I look forward to your next predictions of Bortles to throw a bunch of incompletions and Todd Gurley to get tackled a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread