What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (1 Viewer)

Turn over you ACT scores so I can see if it is the English or Math you are terrible at.
Of course, you probably have a better chance at getting hit by a car while jogging than you do of grasping that. :bye:
Don't cry when you act like a tool and get some snark in return.
This kind of stuff brings down the discussion we want here. A lot of people will tune out the rest of the message, and others who might have had something worthwhile to add might not because they don't want to deal with it.

Please be a lot better than this.

Turn over you ACT scores so I can see if it is the English or Math you are terrible at.
Of course, you probably have a better chance at getting hit by a car while jogging than you do of grasping that. :bye:
This kind of stuff brings down the discussion we want here. A lot of people will tune out the rest of the message, and others who might have had something worthwhile to add might not because they don't want to deal with it.

Please be a lot better than this.
:goodposting:

This kind of stuff brings down the discussion we want here. A lot of people will tune out the rest of the message, and others who might have had something worthwhile to add might not because they don't want to deal with it.Please be a lot better than this.
So what exactly do you expect a guy to do when someone butts in on a conversation, takes the first guy's conversation out of context, gets it explained to him, but then just keeps on yakking until it escalates?

I see Shutout has been posting on Arian Foster and adding good stuff on him since before Foster was a starter and has over 200 likes and mouthed off to a guy after about four or five repetitive replies.

Way to shoot the messenger there, Chief. Probably just lost a pretty good poster on the site.

This kind of stuff brings down the discussion we want here. A lot of people will tune out the rest of the message, and others who might have had something worthwhile to add might not because they don't want to deal with it.Please be a lot better than this.
So what exactly do you expect a guy to do when someone butts in on a conversation, takes the first guy's conversation out of context, gets it explained to him, but then just keeps on yakking until it escalates?

I see Shutout has been posting on Arian Foster and adding good stuff on him since before Foster was a starter and has over 200 likes and mouthed off to a guy after about four or five repetitive replies.

Way to shoot the messenger there, Chief. Probably just lost a pretty good poster on the site.
He has over 200 likes????

Yes. Admittedly, I don't know the barometer for that but I see Faust has 300 and I know he adds a lot of good stuff so I figure he must be adding something of value.

Yes. Admittedly, I don't know the barometer for that but I see Faust has 300 and I know he adds a lot of good stuff so I figure he must be adding something of value.
I enjoy reading Shutout's posts. I don't think he's gonna quit.

Second Sight said:
FBG Moderator said:
humpback said:
humpback said:

He quoted specific lines that were unnecessary. I see posters all the time deal with insults far worse in a more civil manner. He's right. They could have left out the barbs.

I'd rather have mod step in and mention ways to make the board better then not step in at all.

Second Sight said:
FBG Moderator said:
humpback said:
humpback said:
So what exactly do you expect a guy to do when someone butts in on a conversation, takes the first guy's conversation out of context, gets it explained to him, but then just keeps on yakking until it escalates?I see Shutout has been posting on Arian Foster and adding good stuff on him since before Foster was a starter and has over 200 likes and mouthed off to a guy after about four or five repetitive replies.

He quoted specific lines that were unnecessary. I see posters all the time deal with insults far worse in a more civil manner. He's right. They could have left out the barbs.I'd rather have mod step in and mention ways to make the board better then not step in at all.
A funny thing to me is that at least while they were going back and forth it was a top five thread with them and a few others posting. A lot of it was them but there was a few other opinions on Foster being said. They quit posting 24 hours ago and now I had to go to page three to find it. There's an old saying that even bad publicity is good publicity. The mod killed the thread and to be honest I have seen a Ton of worse stuff being said.

Sure, tell them how to do it better but don't remove them and kill the thread in the process. Arian Foster might easily be one of those players that cause major swings in fantasy teams this year depending on how things go with him so I would like to see the thread on page one where guys I have seen talking about Foster in the past are posting, like ff ninja, shutout, rizzler and a few others. Those guys have been all over Foster and Tate for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

I got 231

but 0 from the mods

This entire 9th page has zero foster news. Should we just start a new foster topic and you guys can continue your mod discussion in here?

I'll handle Foster about the same as I'll handle Murray. I'll be happy to have them as a RB2 if going RB/RB makes sense (ie I have a top 4 pick and either is available, probably because of a large run on WRs/TEs/QBs in the mid first to mid second).

I think Foster has proven that he deserves the benefit of the doubt concerning his coaching change personally. You don't get to be RB1/RB4/RB2 for 3 years and average 17 points a game off of 2TD in 6 games before injury if you lack talent. The downside for him is only injury related in my eyes, and I don't discount heavily for that unless their week 1 start is actually in jeopardy.

I'll handle Foster about the same as I'll handle Murray. I'll be happy to have them as a RB2 if going RB/RB makes sense (ie I have a top 4 pick and either is available, probably because of a large run on WRs/TEs/QBs in the mid first to mid second).

I think Foster has proven that he deserves the benefit of the doubt concerning his coaching change personally. You don't get to be RB1/RB4/RB2 for 3 years and average 17 points a game off of 2TD in 6 games before injury if you lack talent. The downside for him is only injury related in my eyes, and I don't discount heavily for that unless their week 1 start is actually in jeopardy.
I have zero concern about Foster when he's healthy. However, my feeling is that like SJax he's going to be dealing with injuries the rest of his career.

Foster is still being drafted as a low-end RB1 and although he's proven to be elite in the very recent past I don't love the value. I'd feel more comfortable grabbing him as my RB2 of course.

It looks/sounds like Grimes has secured back-up duty. I didn't get a chance to see him run in their first preseason but remember the "Grime Time" hype thread. Thoughts on him? Regardless, I'm not a fan of handcuffs but I wouldn't draft Foster without having Grimes on my roster.

Foster is still being drafted as a low-end RB1 and although he's proven to be elite in the very recent past I don't love the value. I'd feel more comfortable grabbing him as my RB2 of course.

It looks/sounds like Grimes has secured back-up duty. I didn't get a chance to see him run in their first preseason but remember the "Grime Time" hype thread. Thoughts on him? Regardless, I'm not a fan of handcuffs but I wouldn't draft Foster without having Grimes on my roster.
For me there are clearly 10 RB's ahead of Foster. However after him there are guys with a lot of question marks and also lack his upside. He's certainly a gamble but if you can get a potential top 5 back as the #11 RB then that's a win.

At what point is Foster a "must draft?" Meaning, where should his ADP never be?
When you hit the mid-point of the 3rd I suppose. I've done most of my drafts on FFPC and they have him ranked 7th overall (in PPR). Obviously, no one is grabbing him in the first but he seems to always go early-mid 3rd.

In non-ppr I got him at pick 22 (12 team league). He may have dropped to the 3rd pick to me in the 3rd but I doubt it.

I totally forgot, I got him at pick 3.01 in my best ball league (felt more comfortable taking this risk here). Vereen, L. Bell, Ellington, and ALMO went in the same round.

I am not a Foster fan but at some point, just as anyone does, he has value. I grabbed him at 3.08 in my latest draft in a redraft .5 ppr for RB league. I don't think he should ever make it past the first couple of picks in the third round. Take him there with joy and grab Grimes later.

At what point is Foster a "must draft?" Meaning, where should his ADP never be?
When you hit the mid-point of the 3rd I suppose. I've done most of my drafts on FFPC and they have him ranked 7th overall (in PPR). Obviously, no one is grabbing him in the first but he seems to always go early-mid 3rd.
Yeah, if he is there at 3.04 I don't see how I could pass on him...actually I do but don't want to get into the particulars (and you don't want me to either).

Foster in the 3rd round should win titles this year. people are taking gio Bernard ahead of him which is absolutely crazy.

I drafted for a friend of mine the other night and got him in the 5th round of a 2qb, .5ppr league. I feel like my buddy should be thanking me. Then again, maybe I was an idiot for not taking him in the 4th.

I mean, I know people are worried because he hasn't played this preseason, but he has practiced. It's not like Chris Johnson holding out all preseason and not even showing up a few years ago. If he's still there after 9-10 RBs are off the board, I think you have to jump.

I don't think anyone should feel 100% confident about either as it could change over the course of the season. But if I had to pick one who is ahead of the other right now it would probably be Grimes.

I wasn't targeting Foster this year but HAD to take him in the 3rd round of a 14-team league. His upside is just too good whenever he is on the field.

I've had him in prior years and figured a year, like last year, was inevitable with all the touches he had through 2012. Guys have rebounded nicely for a year or two after sitting out for most of the season the previous year but...maybe his situation is different and he'll be a bust...dunno. Too valuable to let slide past me in the 3rd though. I have depth at RB and he is basically a gamble that I think I can afford to take.

Haha, grabbed him at 3.05 again last night. I don't even have real RB depth since I was upside down drafting but did manage to grab Grimes. Maybe I'm insane but at this point I like him more than Ellington, Stacy, Spiller, Bush or typically anyone else going in the 3rd round.

Haha, grabbed him at 3.05 again last night. I don't even have real RB depth since I was upside down drafting but did manage to grab Grimes. Maybe I'm insane but at this point I like him more than Ellington, Stacy, Spiller, Bush or typically anyone else going in the 3rd round.
Over Ellington :no:

Over Ellington :no:
Yeah, I was initially super high on Ellington (and still am to an extent) but after seeing his injury history (that I was completely unaware of until a week ago) I'm much less confident of him holding up on the volume he's expected to handle this year. I think Foster and Ellington are both similar injury risks at this point.

Ellington had foot surgery in 2010, ankle surgery in 2011, suffered a concussion, pulled a hamstring and sprained his knee in 2013. He never touched the ball more than 243 times at Clemson; he truly may not be built to handle an NFL type workload.

I'd take Foster 100x out of 100x over Ellington. Yeah, Foster is an injury risk, but when he plays he's a top 5 back. Foster even put up good numbers last year against the Niners, Rams, and Seahawks. The teams that Ellington will have to play 6x this year.

Arian Foster (back, hamstring) says he feels "wonderful" physically.
Foster sat out the entire preseason for the second straight year, but probably could have suited up for the Texans' final two games. "I’m excited about (Sunday)," Foster said Tuesday. "I can’t wait to play football." Foster has the right role for fantasy success, but an increasingly-worrisome injury history. For now, he's a borderline RB1.
Looks like Foster will be good to go. I know SOS changes rather wildly from year to year, but taking into account his soft schedule, if he manages to remain upright he very well may end up being the "steal of the draft". If he returns on his projected volume, you could end up getting high-end RB1 production in rounds 3/4 while also being able to build a very solid team in rounds 1/2. He's part of the reason I had no problem upside down drafting this year, because I knew he would almost always be there after I grabbed my stud WR/TEs. Good luck to all the owners this year.

I took him at 1.10 in my 12 team 2 man keeper league as my RB3 behind Ball and Lacy. I'm very excited about my RB corps if he can produce close to expectations.

I'd take Foster 100x out of 100x over Ellington. Yeah, Foster is an injury risk, but when he plays he's a top 5 back. Foster even put up good numbers last year against the Niners, Rams, and Seahawks. The teams that Ellington will have to play 6x this year.
Foster was the 14th RB off the board in my draft yesterday (4.04) after Ellington (4.02).
Pretty much.

I took Foster at 3.5 and 4.1 in two of my leagues this year. Can't argue with that value. God willing he stays healthy.

What is the latest news on who Arian Foster's handcuff is?
Still looks to be Grimes after putting in a solid camp/preseason. My gut says that the in the event of a Foster injury we'd see some type of split though, with Grimes seeing more work in between the 20s and Blue more work in the RZ.

Users who are viewing this thread