What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hype Train has Fallen off the Tracks - Kenbrell Thompkins (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Man was I wrong about this guy... For everyone I argued with talking this guy up, I am sorry! He is terrible!!!! I was wrong, you were right...

Man was I wrong about this guy... For everyone I argued with talking this guy up, I am sorry! He is terrible!!!! I was wrong, you were right...
Hes looked fine this game, what have you seen?
He's just not good... There was a reason he went undrafted.
There are multiple reasons he went undrafted, I meant what specifically did you see that made you change your mind? I don't have his targets in front of me, but I think hes 2/5 for 50. One of those drops was a questionable TD that was overturned he would be at 3/75/1 another one was a catch and drop that was dislodged when a defender dove directly into his back.

He simply isn't getting targets so I'm curious what makes you think this game has shown him in a negative light. Hes looked 100x better this game than in game 1, breaking Cromarties ankles a couple of times.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are multiple reasons he went undrafted, I meant what specifically did you see that made you change your mind? I don't have his targets in front of me, but I think hes 2/5 for 50. One of those drops was a questionable TD that was overturned he would be at 3/75/1 another one was a catch and drop that was dislodged when a defender dove directly into his back.

He simply isn't getting targets so I'm curious what makes you think this game has shown him in a negative light.
No reason... pick him up off waivers after I drop him.

There are multiple reasons he went undrafted, I meant what specifically did you see that made you change your mind? I don't have his targets in front of me, but I think hes 2/5 for 50. One of those drops was a questionable TD that was overturned he would be at 3/75/1 another one was a catch and drop that was dislodged when a defender dove directly into his back.He simply isn't getting targets so I'm curious what makes you think this game has shown him in a negative light. Hes looked 100x better this game than in game 1, breaking Cromarties ankles a couple of times.
His routes are ####, he can't beat press coverage, his hands are suspect, he has no awareness - I mean what are you looking for? He won't be on their roster next year.

He simply isn't getting targets so I'm curious what makes you think this game has shown him in a negative light.
If you did I would, unless you're in a short bench league, dropping him right now seems idiotic.

If you did I would, unless you're in a short bench league, dropping him right now seems idiotic.
in a short bench league

He looks fine. Do you expect 5+ for 100+ each week?
LMFAO, no I expect 5 catches and over 45 yards at some point.

if he cant do it against these bad teams, who can he do anything against.

CUT, no ifs ands or buts from me.

He doesn't get open
He blew Cromartie out of his shoes on more than one play...
You stay on board... I'm hopping off.
Its your team man, if its short bench like you said earlier it makes sense, I only have Thompkins in two leagues a 7 and a 10 man bench. I'm holding in both.

He finished the game behind Dobson - Not on the field in 2 WR sets spells goodnight.
Thompkins was the WR2 on the field, he did finish behind Dobson in targets I think they were just feeling out what they had in Dobson - trial by fire, just as they did with Thompkins game one.

Thompkins looked better in game 1 and 2 than Dobson did tonight.

He doesn't get open
Its your team man, if its short bench like you said earlier it makes sense, I only have Thompkins in two leagues a 7 and a 10 man bench. I'm holding in both.
Dobson played the 2 WR sets in the 4th quarter... What happens when Vereen Gronk and Dola are in the mix? He just hasn't looked good & I've watched both games

He doesn't get open
Dobson played the 2 WR sets in the 4th quarter... What happens when Vereen Gronk and Dola are in the mix? He just hasn't looked good & I've watched both games
Well Vereen is out till week 12. When Gronk and Dola are back its pretty clear that Thompkins is the WR2 unless Dobson passes him up, which so far is looking unlikely.

He doesn't get open
Well Vereen is out till week 12. When Gronk and Dola are back its pretty clear that Thompkins is the WR2 unless Dobson passes him up, which so far is looking unlikely.
Looking unlikely? I don't understand why you would say that? Dobson overtook him in the 2 WR sets at the end of the game. Regardless, you can't think he looks good, he doesn't... I was arguing and talking him up for weeks, but he just looks out of place on the field - just doesn't look good. Dobson gonna get his shot next week,

He doesn't get open
Looking unlikely? I don't understand why you would say that? Dobson overtook him in the 2 WR sets at the end of the game. Regardless, you can't think he looks good, he doesn't... I was arguing and talking him up for weeks, but he just looks out of place on the field - just doesn't look good. Dobson gonna get his shot next week,
What was today if it wasn't his opportunity to perform? He went uncovered almost the entire game and dropped like 20 balls.

He doesn't get open
What was today if it wasn't his opportunity to perform? He went uncovered almost the entire game and dropped like 20 balls.
Just like Kenbrell did in sunny Buffalo - you can't argue who was on the field in the 2 WR sets at the end of the game... It would appear the coaches liked Dobsons performance more or Kenbrell still would've been out there. If you were to wager right now who gets the start in week 3 you'd be crazy to not say Dobson gets a shot based on the fact that he replaced kenbrell - neither looked good, so why not see what your second rounders does over your UDFA

I've been critical of Thompkins and I continue to be- but tonight was at worst a mixed bag. It was a rough night for everybody aside from Edelman (Brady included). KT didnt get 14 targets, but the Patriots didnt run 85 plays. Dobkins played himself into trouble, and in doing so he probly did KT a favor. Thompkins had two very nice plays on his catches, one for big yardage, and a pretty darn nice layout in the endzone that got overturned. He also had one pass bounce off his back shoulder (in the driving rain) on a play that wouldnt have been a first down anyway. But he did these things while being covered by a premier cornerback, and that shouldnt be undersold. It seemed to me that Brady still has some faith in him, and maybe some of the rookie jitters are wearing off. The MOST important thing for KT is that he remains on the field when the 'real' Patriots come back. If he can remain a starter alongside Gronk and Amendola, he may well live up to what we have hoped he could deliver. Tonight didn't hurt that expectation. Certainly nobody else on the roster is threatening thus far.

He doesn't get open
Dude we get it, you love him at all costs no matter how bad he looks.

What other excuses you have for him, did he have a cut on his hands that caused his drops and did he not have eyes to take the go route on the opening target he got?

Not a good football player, end of story.... there is a reason he was undrafted I think we are seeing it.

He doesn't get open
Just like Kenbrell did in sunny Buffalo - you can't argue who was on the field in the 2 WR sets at the end of the game... It would appear the coaches liked Dobsons performance more or Kenbrell still would've been out there. If you were to wager right now who gets the start in week 3 you'd be crazy to not say Dobson gets a shot based on the fact that he replaced kenbrell - neither looked good, so why not see what your second rounders does over your UDFA
With Gronk and Sudfeld out, the only 2 WR sets were undisguised running plays at the end of a sloppy game in the rain, holding on to a lead for dear life. Not sure that thats relevant, or even that its anything but a positional (X,Y,Z) issue.

I've been critical of Thompkins and I continue to be- but tonight was at worst a mixed bag. It was a rough night for everybody aside from Edelman (Brady included). KT didnt get 14 targets, but the Patriots didnt run 85 plays. Dobkins played himself into trouble, and in doing so he probly did KT a favor. Thompkins had two very nice plays on his catches, one for big yardage, and a pretty darn nice layout in the endzone that got overturned. He also had one pass bounce off his back shoulder (in the driving rain) on a play that wouldnt have been a first down anyway. But he did these things while being covered by a premier cornerback, and that shouldnt be undersold. It seemed to me that Brady still has some faith in him, and maybe some of the rookie jitters are wearing off. The MOST important thing for KT is that he remains on the field when the 'real' Patriots come back. If he can remain a starter alongside Gronk and Amendola, he may well live up to what we have hoped he could deliver. Tonight didn't hurt that expectation. Certainly nobody else on the roster is threatening thus far.
The end zone "catch" clearly wasn't a catch... His only other catch and he gets up and signals first down and celebrates like an ####### even though he was short! I'm sure BB appreciates that - then they didn't get the first on 3rd and 1 & had to punt - nice celebration Thompkins, you moron

The end zone "catch" clearly wasn't a catch... His only other catch and he gets up and signals first down and celebrates like an ####### even though he was short! I'm sure BB appreciates that - then they didn't get the first on 3rd and 1 & had to punt - nice celebration Thompkins, you moron
Easy guy. We know it was overturned, but he made a good play on the ball and got the original call. Even Calvin has TDs overturned. He's a rookie, he's a New England Patriot, he's excited. His only other catches was a 35 yard strike btw.

He doesn't get open
With Gronk and Sudfeld out, the only 2 WR sets were undisguised running plays at the end of a sloppy game in the rain, holding on to a lead for dear life. Not sure that thats relevant, or even that its anything but a positional (X,Y,Z) issue.
They passed 2x out of this formation... regardless, why make the switch unless you like one more then the other...

Look I understand why everyone will defend the guy.. Sure I'd like to hit the lottery in the 12th round too, but we need to face reality, Kenbrell isn't that ticket.

Easy guy. We know it was overturned, but he made a good play on the ball and got the original call. Even Calvin has TDs overturned. He's a rookie, he's a New England Patriot, he's excited. His only other catches was a 35 yard strike btw.
He got the call bc the ref didn't have the angle... I didn't even need the replay to know it was gonna be overturned.

You stay on the hype train and we'll meet back here to see who was correct... In the meantime I'm shopping him to see if I can get more then a box of peanuts for him

He got the call bc the ref didn't have the angle... I didn't even need the replay to know it was gonna be overturned.

You stay on the hype train and we'll meet back here to see who was correct... In the meantime I'm shopping him to see if I can get more then a box of peanuts for him
Also I was calling KT the moron, not you... Sorry if it came off wrong.

At this point I'm curious, how many targets did Dobson have?

Thompkins ended the game with 7 targets, Edelman had 18.

Bottom line, Kenbrell not a lottery ticket... my opinion - gonna see if I can get someone to pay for my dry cleaning for this waste of space.

Bottom line, Kenbrell not a lottery ticket... my opinion - gonna see if I can get someone to pay for my dry cleaning for this waste of space.
Big mistake. The guy is an UDFA trying to get on the same page with one of the best QBs ever. They obviously see enough potential in him to throw him out there already, despite the fact that they have some issues to work out. I honestly believe that people who bail now will greatly regret it.

But it's your team. Do what you gotta do.

Big mistake. The guy is an UDFA trying to get on the same page with one of the best QBs ever. They obviously see enough potential in him to throw him out there already, despite the fact that they have some issues to work out. I honestly believe that people who bail now will greatly regret it.

They put him out there bc it's him or 2 other rookies - Bad GM'ing has gotten them in this situation... This isn't a case of Thompkins climbing through a talented group - just being the least bad of bad options. & honestly, I'm almost expecting Dobson to pass him on the depth chart this week. It would be wise if for some reason you're still on the KT hype mode to grab Dobson too, even though I personally am going to start avoiding this situation.

Yeah, and you also said that Rex would win his challenge with such certainty.

That should read - They are obviously desperate enough to throw him out there. They have no other options at this point.

Also I was calling KT the moron, not you... Sorry if it came off wrong.
No worries- didnt take it that way.

Yeah, and you also said that Rex would win his challenge with such certainty.
Up to 95 people now.

Users who are viewing this thread