What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Donald Brown (1 Viewer)

ldizzle

Footballguy
He hasnt really done much in his career, but bradshaw isnt really the most reliable person to carry the whole load. i think he is worth an add if you have deep rosters

eta: irsay is tweeting that he is looking to trade for a rb

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea what Donald Brown would be worth, in terms of FAAB?

14-team league, with only scraps on the WW.

I've always liked Brown. He is by no means a great running back, but he looks as talented as Ballard and has more speed. Hopefully his pass blocking has improved over the years. I scooped him up in one league today and think he should get a couple starts throughout the year.

I have limited faith in Indy swinging a trade for a real difference maker at RB.

IMO a trade or a FA signing says more about Bradshaw's health than their opinion of Brown. Doubt either will happen.

I also don't think Brown deserves the "megabust" label that RW bestowed him... Expectations may have been too high but he has always seemed like a pretty good runner and IMO more explosive and skilled than Ballard. The knock on him has always been his health.

In his first 2 years, 2009 and 2010, he was outperformed by Addai. In 2011, on a really bad offensive team, he outperformed Addai and Carter by a wide margin (4.8 ypc to 3.7). Last year, he and Ballard each had 100+ carries, and both were at 3.9ypc. Conclusion: He improved, and a good passing game doesn't always help the running game.

If the playoff-contending Colts trade Wayne to NE for a mediocre RB and a draft pick, I would disown the Colts. Irsay is crazy, but he ain't that crazy.

dahabi said:
Bad_Mo said:
I've got a few good backs -- I'll trade him one for reggie wayne
Better yet...NE better be on the phone with that whackjob Irsay...Wayne for Blount plus a pick. Get it done Belichick!
As a Brady and Hilton owner, I would praise the heavens
There's no way any team would trade a WR like Wayne or Hilton for anything less than a borderline stud RB. Let's stop with this crazy talk.

Brown only has value because Bradshaw may not be healthy, or may not stay that way. The Colts have been loud and clear that he's not a guy they want to rely on.

Brown's "blocking" cost them the game. Fleener was wide open for the game winning TD and Brown couldn't make the block.

It's painful how much better he's been than Trent.

Situation has a Knowshon Moreno & Thomas Jones feel to it where coaching staff wants to push inferior competition over the guy, but clearly the competition is inferior at present. They really ought to make Trent the short yardage/goalline back and giving Donald breathers. Nothing wrong with using him like a Shonn Greene for the present.

Trying to prove Trent was worth the 1st round investment isn't helping anything. The playbook/get him in space excuses have run out, it's a performance issue. The guy can't run the ball right now & he's lucky he hasn't gotten Andrew Luck killed yet as he looks clueless in pass pro. Maybe an offseason to shed a few pounds and time away to get more familiar will help. There's certainly the chance & talent he turns things around like a Lynch & Benson in the future. That time isn't now IMO. Right now, the guy looks like he's running in mud.

Trent did not practice Wednesday due to ankle. Something to monitor. Brown would be a nice play if t rich missed time.

Brown's "blocking" cost them the game. Fleener was wide open for the game winning TD and Brown couldn't make the block.
I wonder if this has gotten any better or if Trent is any better at it.

Brown only has value because Bradshaw may not be healthy, or may not stay that way. The Colts have been loud and clear that he's not a guy they want to rely on.
This is like the Moreno situation - the guy is drafted in the 1st round by another regime and they just keep trying and trying to replace what is really a pretty good football player and all the while all he does is do a pretty good job all around.

I've got a few good backs -- I'll trade him one for reggie wayne
Better yet...NE better be on the phone with that whackjob Irsay...Wayne for Blount plus a pick. Get it done Belichick!
Funny how this worked out - Irsay did indeed trade for a RB, didn't have to send Wayne or an active player either, but he did just this.

Don Brown would have been quite the valuable FF asset this year if the trade for Trent had never gone down.

It's painful how much better he's been than Trent.

Situation has a Knowshon Moreno & Thomas Jones feel to it where coaching staff wants to push inferior competition over the guy, but clearly the competition is inferior at present. They really ought to make Trent the short yardage/goalline back and giving Donald breathers. Nothing wrong with using him like a Shonn Greene for the present.

Trying to prove Trent was worth the 1st round investment isn't helping anything. The playbook/get him in space excuses have run out, it's a performance issue. The guy can't run the ball right now & he's lucky he hasn't gotten Andrew Luck killed yet as he looks clueless in pass pro. Maybe an offseason to shed a few pounds and time away to get more familiar will help. There's certainly the chance & talent he turns things around like a Lynch & Benson in the future. That time isn't now IMO. Right now, the guy looks like he's running in mud.
trying to prove he's worth it? what are you even talking about? the coaches aren't forcing anything with him. he is being used sparingly. I think you're confusing the media talk with what is actually happening on the field. he's not getting that much work. the coaches aren't forcing him the ball for justification of the draft pick and it looks that way on the field too.

I mentioned it in another thread. But, Brown is in a contract year. He's playing for one last payday. (not with the Colts, but some other team) I think this plays into the success of Brown. I'm going to use him this year, but want no part of him in 2014.

I mentioned it in another thread. But, Brown is in a contract year. He's playing for one last payday. (not with the Colts, but some other team) I think this plays into the success of Brown. I'm going to use him this year, but want no part of him in 2014.
You don't want him AFTER he gets a contract with a new team and leaves a team who isn't using him enough?

You don't want him AFTER he gets a contract with a new team and leaves a team who isn't using him enough?
I agree, sounds like he could go somewhere and be featured.

Yes, he's had a lot of opportunities in Indy. I see him getting a bonus and a new contract, then falling back into mediocrity.

I agree, sounds like he could go somewhere and be featured.
He's been featured in Indy. With a Hall of Fame QB. Plus he's only getting older. I just don't see it.

Played him in Fan Duel last week as a cheap sleeper RB and I'm still shaking my head as to why the coaches failed to get him second half touches. Didn't Bradshaw teach them anything?

This offense needs a slasher back that catches the ball. Not a plodding back who is only effective IF he gets to the second level where he's a tackling mismatch.

If trent does not practice today I am picking dammit donald up
I've checked the interwebs and haven't found any updates on if Trent has practiced today (Thursday). Surely someone should know by now, right?
early twitter reports stating Trent missed a 2nd day of practice. nothing official yet but mike Chappell Indy beat writer said no sign of him at practice 15 minutes ago. however steepen holder another beat writer for the indy star states That he is hearing that Trent is still expected to play

If trent does not practice today I am picking dammit donald up
I've checked the interwebs and haven't found any updates on if Trent has practiced today (Thursday). Surely someone should know by now, right?
early twitter reports stating Trent missed a 2nd day of practice. nothing official yet but mike Chappell Indy beat writer said no sign of him at practice 15 minutes ago.
Hmm if he is out again, s someone like Tim wright worth dropping for Donald.

Users who are viewing this thread