What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

casualties (3 Viewers)

Kool-Aid Larry

Footballguy
I'll copy some blurbs in here if I happen to see any injuries, etc -- all news and whatever, and discussion of whatever is welcomed

I include tackles for match up purposes

WEEK 2:

NFL suspended Bucs S Dashon Goldson one game -- He's appealing the suspension

The Lions have benched rookie CB Darius Slay in each of their first two games.

49ers NT Ian Williams (broken ankle) is undergoing surgery Monday, and is out for the season.
Coach Jim Harbaugh made the announcement in Monday's presser. Making his first career start, Williams was injured on a cut block in Sunday's loss. He'll be replaced by former Chiefs bust Glenn Dorsey.

49ers FS Eric Reid left Sunday night's Week 2 game against the Seahawks with a head injury.
Reid suffered a concussion in the second quarter and is out for the rest of the game. He'll need to pass the NFL's concussion protocol before returning to practice. Reid was replaced by Craig Dahl.
Panthers CB Josh Norman has been diagnosed with a sprained MCL.
It's typically a multi-week injury. Norman has been coming off the bench, but injuries in the Panthers' secondary forced him into 64 snaps Sunday

Panthers FS Charles Godfrey is out for the season with a torn right Achilles' tendon.

Panthers SS Quintin Mikell left Week 2 against the Bills with an ankle injury.
Mikell was carted off after getting a sack and forced fumble late in the third quarter.Panthers CB D.J. Moore was diagnosed with a sprained knee ligament in Week 2 against the Bills.
Moore suffered the knee injury early in the second half, but managed to stay in the game.Falcons placed DE/LB Kroy Biermann (Achilles) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Falcons WLB Sean Weatherspoon has been diagnosed with a foot sprain.

A source tells FOX Sports that Asante Samuel merely "tweaked" his troublesome thigh in Sunday's win over the Rams.
Per reporter Mike Garafolo, Samuel left in the first quarter as a precaution.Rams RT Rodger Saffold suffered a sprained MCL in Sunday's Week 2 loss to the Falcons.
Saffold is considered "week-to-week" and the injury will not require surgery. He won't play Sunday against the Cowboys and doesn't have a set timetable for return Backup Joe Barksdale came on for 66 percent of the snaps against the Falcons SundayRaiders SS Tyvon Branch sustained a "significant" ankle injury in Sunday's Week 2 win over the Jaguars and is out indefinitely.
Browns OLB Quentin Groves left Sunday's Week 2 loss to the Ravens early with an ankle injury.
Groves went down while covering the second-half kickoff and did not return. X-rays were negative, but he left the stadium in a walking boot and using crutches.

Seahawks LT Russell Okung suffered a turf toe injury in Week 2.
Okung exited Sunday night in the first half and was replaced by Paul McQuistan.

edit:

Seahawks LT Russell Okung has been diagnosed with a partially torn plantar plate in his toe and is not expected to play in Week 3 versus Jacksonville.
It's the same injury Pierre Garcon suffered last seasonThe shoulder injury DeMarcus Ware sustained late in Sunday's Week 2 loss to the Chiefs is being called a "stinger."
Ware sustained the injury while hitting Alex Smith. He brushed it off afterward, saying he's "fine."

Broncos SS Duke Ihenacho was carted to the locker room with an ankle injury in Sunday's Week 2 game against the Giants.
Ihenacho beat out Mike Adams for the starting job in training camp. Adams came in to replace him midway through the fourth quarter.

The Denver Post's Brandon Krisztal reports Broncos LT Ryan Clady has been diagnosed with a Lisfranc sprain in his left foot -- he's done for the year
Saints CB Patrick Robinson left Sunday's Week 2 game against the Bucs with an apparent knee injury.
Robinson was engaged in simple bump-and-run coverage with Mike Williams when his leg gave out. It was essentially a non-contact injury. Robinson had to be carted off the field.

Redskins SS Brandon Meriweather was forced from Sunday's game against the Packers with a concussion, and will not return.

Bengals DE Robert Geathers exited Monday night's Week 2 game against the Steelers with an elbow injury and will not return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worrilow is backing up Dent. Bartu was the guy behind everyone else, so he's likely to be the one to benefit from this.

Azhais said:
Worrilow is backing up Dent. Bartu was the guy behind everyone else, so he's likely to be the one to benefit from this.
who gets passing downs between Bartu and worrilow?

Texans LT Duane Brown revealed that he injured his right big toe in Sunday's overtime win over the Titans and may miss Week 3 at Baltimore.

KCitons said:
MAC_32 said:
KCitons said:
KellysHeroes said:
Kool-Aid Larry said:
Falcons placed WLB Sean Weatherspoon (foot) on injured reserve/designation to return.
Nicholas the play?
I think it might be Bartu.
Watch Worrilow too.
I thought Worrilow at first. But, it looks like Bartu got the work after spoon went down. I can't find exact stats for number of downs played.
Both Dent and Bartu are available in my league. Which would be the better pickup? 1 pt/tackle, 7 pts/int, 8 pts/sack

KCitons said:
MAC_32 said:
KCitons said:
KellysHeroes said:
Kool-Aid Larry said:
Falcons placed WLB Sean Weatherspoon (foot) on injured reserve/designation to return.
Nicholas the play?
Watch Worrilow too.
I thought Worrilow at first. But, it looks like Bartu got the work after spoon went down. I can't find exact stats for number of downs played.
Both Dent and Bartu are available in my league. Which would be the better pickup? 1 pt/tackle, 7 pts/int, 8 pts/sack
Dent was in on 100% of the snaps regardless of Spoon. So, I don't see that changing. Bartu may play the majority, but I am still concerned with Nicholas cutting into his time. Also, Dent will maintain snaps if/when Spoon returns.

KCitons said:
MAC_32 said:
KCitons said:
KellysHeroes said:
Kool-Aid Larry said:
Nicholas the play?
Watch Worrilow too.
Dent was in on 100% of the snaps regardless of Spoon. So, I don't see that changing. Bartu may play the majority, but I am still concerned with Nicholas cutting into his time. Also, Dent will maintain snaps if/when Spoon returns.
Thanks. I also have a chance at Wheeler (Mia) or Trevethan (Den). I think I am leaning towards Trevethan. He seems to have the big play upside which pays off big in my league. Thoughts?

According to SB and Ourlads, Nicholas is slotted into the SLB slot, Bartu at WLB, and Dent at MLB. Not sure the Falcons are ready to start 2/3 of their linebacker spots with undrafted free agents. Worrilow hasn't had any snaps this year.

The NFL has overturned Bucs FS Dashon Goldson's one-game suspension on appeal.

Browns OLB Quentin Groves (ankle) will not play in Sunday's Week 3 game against the Vikings.

Eagles placed CB Brandon Hughes (hamstring) on IR, ending his season.
Eagles signed CB Roc Carmichael off the Texans practice squad.
The Bengals are "preparing to hear the worst" on DE Robert Geathers (elbow).
Geathers injured his arm in Monday night's win over the Steelers. He's expected to be placed on season-ending injured reserve. --- IR'd

Redskins SS Brandon Meriweather (concussion) is practicing this week.

Saints CB Patrick Robinson left Sunday's Week 2 game against the Bucs with an apparent knee injury.

update -- IR'd

Panthers re-signed CB Drayton Florence.
Carolina is severely banged up in the secondary. Cornerbacks Josh Thomas (concussion), Josh Norman (thigh), and D.J. Moore (knee) all sat out Wednesday's practice, and Moore has already been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Giants. Florence spent the entire summer with the Panthers.

Chargers RT D.J. Fluker was held out of Thursday's practice after suffering a concussion in Wednesday's session.
Panthers SS Quintin Mikell (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 3.
Promoted off the practice squad just two days ago, Robert Lester will start in Mikell's absence.

Sounds like Weatherspoon's is a lisfranc injury. Granted there are different degrees of injury and they aren't all the same but he's prolly out the rest of the season. These things always seem to be deemed short term at first and then the guy is still limping around months later.

The Falcons will start Jeremy Trueblood at right tackle in Week 3.
Atlanta is reeling up front. Trueblood was cut by the Redskins before final cuts, and signed by the Falcons on September 3. Lamar Holmes -- who's gotten rocked at right tackle -- will attempt to protect Matt Ryan's blindside due to Sam Baker's foot and ankle injuries

Saints S Roman Harper (knee) has been ruled out for Week 3 versus Arizona.

The Panthers will start UDFA Robert Lester at strong safety in Week 3 against the Giants.
Lester is an undrafted free agent out of Alabama, The Panthers will start box safety Mike Mitchell at free, and either Josh Norman (MCL sprain) or in-season free-agent signing Drayton Florence at corner opposite Captain Munnerlyn.
Panthers LCB Josh Thomas (concussion) has been ruled out for Week 3.
Source: Charlotte Observer

Seahawks placed LT Russell Okung on injured reserve/designated for return with a torn plantar plate in his foot.
Dolphins RCB Dimitri Patterson (groin) has been ruled out for Week 3.

In addition to suspicion of DUI, 49ers OLB Aldon Smith was booked on charges of marijuana possession by San Jose Police on Friday morning.

Colts ILB Pat Angerer is listed as doubtful for Week 3 with a knee injury.
Colts SS LaRon Landry (ankle) has been ruled out, and FS Antoine Bethea (toe) is questionable

Giants CB Corey Webster (hip) is listed as doubtful for Week 3.

Browns OLB Quentin Groves is out 4-6 weeks with a high left ankle sprain

Eagles S Pat Chung's left arm is in a sling after he injured his shoulder in Thursday night's loss to the Chiefs.

WEEK 3

Lions LE Jason Jones was carted off the field with a left knee injury in Sunday's Week 3 game against the Redskins.

I'll be interested to see how many snaps ansah and young end up with

Bears CB Charles Tillman left Sunday night's Week 3 game against the Steelers with a groin injury.
Tillman suffered the injury in the fourth quarter

Bears DT Henry Melton exited Sunday night's Week 3 game against the Steelers with a left knee injury.

Clay Matthews said the hamstring injury he sustained in Sunday's loss to the Bengals is not serious.
Matthews says he was removed from the game strictly as a precaution. "I don't see myself missing any time," he said. "We have Detroit coming back and I'll be out there."

49ers president Jed York announced Sunday night OLB Aldon Smith will not play in Week 4 against the Rams and will be away from the team "indefinitely."
Coach Jim Harbaugh let Smith play Sunday at Indianapolis, just two days after he wrecked his car driving drunk with drugs in his ride.

Dwight Lowery left with a head injury.

Jaguars CB Will Blackmon left Sunday's Week 3 game against the Seahawks with a head injury and will not return.

Ravens NT Terrence Cody sustained a knee sprain in Sunday's Week 3 win over the Texans and could miss a couple weeks

Bills DT Marcell Dareus was ruled out of Sunday's Week 3 game with an ankle injury.

49ers ILB Patrick Willis was forced from Sunday's game against the Colts with a groin injury, and will not return.

ABC Cleveland reports Bengals CB Pacman Jones was arrested for disorderly conduct Monday morning.

Cardinals placed OLB Sam Acho on IR with a broken fibula/ankle, ending his season.

Cardinals placed OLB Lorenzo Alexander (Lisfranc) on IR ending his season.

Cardinals fourth-round OLB Alex Okafor suffered a torn biceps and is done for the season.
Cardinals promoted OLB Dontay Moch from their practice squad.
Jaguars FS Dwight Lowery has been diagnosed with a concussion.

49ers placed OLB Aldon Smith on the reserve/NFI list.

49ers CB Nnamdi Asomugha is undergoing an MRI on his right knee Monday.

-- what happened to this guy's career, btw?

The Bills will turn to former UDFA Corbin Bryant as their primary left end after losing Alex Carrington for the year.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Mario Williams has been diagnosed with a sprained ankle, but is currently planning to play in Week 4.

Bills coach Doug Marrone expects Mario Williams (undisclosed) and DT Marcell Dareus (ankle) to be "fine" for Week 4

Bills LCB Leodis McKelvin left Sunday's Week 3 game with a hamstring injury and will not return.

Raiders SLB Sio Moore is listed as questionable for Monday night's Week 3 game at Denver due to a concussion.
One of Oakland's few impressive young pieces, Moore was concussed during a car accident on Saturday morning. Moore has indicated on Twitter that he will play against the Broncos.

Lions placed LE Jason Jones on IR with torn left patellar tendon, ending his season.

Cardinals FS Rashad Johnson underwent finger surgery Sunday night.
Johnson took his glove off during Sunday's loss to the Saints and the top of his left middle finger was still in it. Doctors had to shave down the bone to his first knuckle. Johnson's status for Week 4 is unclear

-- that's badass

Darius Slay has lost his starting right corner job to Rashean Mathis.
For the first time this year, Slay didn't start against the Skins. The second-round rookie only played on special teams,

Chargers LT King Dunlap suffered a concussion in Week 3.

- the Bolts face DeMarcus Ware's Cowboys in Week 4

Ihenacho will not return to the game

No idea if he aggravated his ankle injury or they just took him out because of the blowout

Raiders CB Tracy Porter has been diagnosed with a concussion.

Tony Carter (ankle) left Monday night's game in a walking boot.
Owner Jerry Jones said LE Anthony Spencer (knee) could be out for the rest of the season.

Bengals CB Leon Hall pulled his hamstring during the Week 3 win over the Packers.

AJ Jefferson hurt his ankle after a few snaps subbing for Cook
Cardinals NT Dan Williams (personal) will not play in Sunday's Week 4 game against the Bucs.

Users who are viewing this thread