Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eagle Eye

Jordy Nelson

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports Jordy Nelson has been "moving like he's 28" in Raiders camp.

Reporter Michael Gehlken admits it "reads like training-camp puff," but says Nelson has had the looks of an asset. Per Gehlken, Nelson is running "polished routes" and developing his timing with Derek Carr. "What they needed," Gehlken said. Nelson's addition ultimately boils down to whether he has more left in the tank than Michael Crabtree. Nelson looked his age (32) in 2017. He turned 33 in May.

Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter 

Aug 2 - 2:52 PM

44 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Defense got worse and his competition for WR2 on the team is out of the league......how good can Jordy be this year?:popcorn:

depends on Carr but raiders are not exactly a team I'm excited about.  

4 targets, 3 receptions, 23 yards in Week 1.

Is anybody dropping him. It's very early but I've toyed with the idea of dropping him for someone like Geronimo Allison or Chris Godwin.

Holding for another week due to my belief that Amari is quite mediocre as well as a basket case and Cook always seems to have that one big game and disappears afterwards. Someone needs to get the targets for Oak.

3 minutes ago, boilerdave said:

4 targets, 3 receptions, 23 yards in Week 1.

Is anybody dropping him. It's very early but I've toyed with the idea of dropping him for someone like Geronimo Allison or Chris Godwin.

It's close.. Week 1 was a super tough matchup in which the WR's clearly weren't part of the game plan for the Raiders. I do like the other two guy's you may target. They signed M Bryant. The Raiders play the Broncos this week so I don't think things are gonna get much better. I'd say either hold onto him a few more weeks and see or just make the move. I'd go Godwin but I like both.

• Like 1

I dropped for Geronimo. Can't really read the tea leaves but as others have said, not crazy about the OAK situation and I would be surprised if he had a good week this week.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hilts said:

He's reportedly going to be retiring today or tomorrow. 

Too bad that he ended his career at the Raiders and their disaster of a season.  Would have been nice to see him contribute some on a team that is actually functioning like an NFL team. 

5 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Too bad that he ended his career at the Raiders and their disaster of a season.  Would have been nice to see him contribute some on a team that is actually functioning like an NFL team. 

The retirement tweet has since been deleted and called a baseless rumor.

Seems he's going to keep 'playing' for the Raiders.

Coach Jon Gruden said Monday that Jordy Nelson (knee, quad) could return in Week 12 against the Ravens.

Specifically, Gruden said Nelson "has a chance" to resume practicing, which would indicate a chance to play. With Brandon LaFell (Achilles') done for the year and Martavis Bryant (PCL) out indefinitely, Jordy has an opportunity to emerge as the Raiders' No. 1 wide receiver down the stretch.

Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter 

Nov 19 - 4:27 PM

His skills have fallen off more than a little bit, but he still seems like he can play at an NFL level and he is still under contract. Given the dearth of offensive talent in Oakland, I can't see him getting cut.