What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordy Nelson (3 Viewers)

irish eyes said:
And here we go for the next 6 weeks, gametime decision. He should play, well maybe not, looks good at practice, well maybe not, won't play,will play, maybe, should, not sure
Cheer up sunshine!

The easy part is that if Jordy plays, you start him. Simple as that.

(RotoWire) Nelson (quad strain) is 50-50 to play in Sunday's game against the Bengals, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Analysis: Nelson was removed on the opening drive of Sunday's 34-23 loss to the Falcons and never re-entered the game. His absence left a spot for Geronimo Allison alongside Randall Cobb and Davante Adams, with Trevor Davis filling in late in the game after Cobb left with a shoulder injury. Nelson's injury seems to be a bit more serious than Cobb's, as the slot receiver was merely deemed day-to-day after having an MRI on Monday. Both receivers figure to be limited participants or non-participants on Wednesday's injury report.

Last edited by a moderator:
?? Let me smash your quad with a knee and see how it feels. I'm pretty sure that hurts at any age.
It doesn't really matter what you say or think, when you get older you are more susceptible to injuries and injuries lingering more longer periods of time.  It's just a fact of getting older.  His age may or may not have been a factor for what happened this time but is certainly could be an issue throughout the season.  He may be perfectly fine the rest of the year as well but he is getting older and eventually he's just not going to bounce back like he has in the past.

Dude is 32, not 62.
I didn't realize 32 was young for an NFL player?  I know that WRs can play into their late 30's but performing at elite status is not expected.  Once you get into your 30's there are going to be increased chances for injury and digression in performance.  There's plenty of data out their to back it up.

It doesn't really matter what you say or think, when you get older you are more susceptible to injuries and injuries lingering more longer periods of time.  It's just a fact of getting older.  His age may or may not have been a factor for what happened this time but is certainly could be an issue throughout the season.  He may be perfectly fine the rest of the year as well but he is getting older and eventually he's just not going to bounce back like he has in the past.
Sorry, but this post is pure trash.

Allen Robinson, Corey Coleman, David Johnson... etc, etc. etc. are all considerably younger and have all been sent to the IR. Being 32 had absolutely nothing to do with Nelson missing time on Sunday Night. Nothing at all.

I didn't realize 32 was young for an NFL player?  I know that WRs can play into their late 30's but performing at elite status is not expected.  Once you get into your 30's there are going to be increased chances for injury and digression in performance.  There's plenty of data out their to back it up.
Can you please link one study that shows more players get injured at 32 then at say 26? .... I'll wait patiently.

The bolded, sure - but at 32 Jordy is a few years away from not being able to compete physically anymore.

Sorry, but this post is pure trash.

Allen Robinson, Corey Coleman, David Johnson... etc, etc. etc. are all considerably younger and have all been sent to the IR. Being 32 had absolutely nothing to do with Nelson missing time on Sunday Night. Nothing at all.
I didn't say it was the exact reason.  Just saying he could be more susceptible to injury and digression at an older age.  It's not uncommon.

Can you please link one study that shows more players get injured at 32 then at say 26? .... I'll wait patiently.

The bolded, sure - but at 32 Jordy is a few years away from not being able to compete physically anymore.
It's generally harder to recover from injuries the older you get.  You don't have to believe me, I don't really care.

It's generally harder to recover from injuries the older you get.  You don't have to believe me, I don't really care.
That's not what you said originally - and even that is somewhat of a stretch.

This is what you said:

He's just getting to the age where these injuries are more likely to occur
So 32 year old players get kneed in the quad more often than 28 year old players? 

This is what you said:

So 32 year old players get kneed in the quad more often than 28 year old players? 
I didn't know he got kneed in the quad.  I had just read that he pulled up gimpy running a route.

This is what you said:

I've heard a knee to the quad and also a strain??  Even FBG is calling it a strain on the daily emails.  I'm hoping the first, bc that will come down to pain management and not really a risk of reinjury.  

Knee to the quad - obviously no correlation to age.  strain - debatable for age relation.  I think soft tissue injuries are more prevalent as you get older. 

So this all goes back to my point of the annoying situation where you have no idea if he is going to play. So there is no way you can put him in your lineup. And will assuredly go one for weeks.

So this all goes back to my point of the annoying situation where you have no idea if he is going to play. So there is no way you can put him in your lineup. And will assuredly go one for weeks.
What are you talking about? He will either be active or not active on Sunday..

NFL Network's Michael Silver reports Jordy Nelson sat out the final drive of the Packers' Week 5 win because of a hamstring injury.

The Packers did not announce an injury for Nelson after the game, but he would not have missed what ended up being the game-winning drive unless he was suffering from something. That said, the issue could end up being minor. The practice reports this week should tell the story. If Nelson sits, Davante Adams and Randall Cobb would get a fantasy boost.

Packers' Jordy Nelson: Practicing to start week

by RotoWire Staff
(1 hr ago) Nelson is practicing Wednesday, ESPN.com's Rob Demovsky reports.

Nelson wasn't on the field for the final drive of Sunday's 35-31 win over the Cowboys, but no injury was ever reported. He apparently was just dealing with a minor issue, and he may not even be on the injury report ahead of Sunday's game in Minnesota.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 14m14 minutes ago

Packers are releasing WR Jordy Nelson, per source.

I think I've had Jordy on at least one team for the last 3 years.  I don't think I'll have him on a team again now.

I like this for Cobb. He looked good last year before Rodgers went down and with Jordy gone should be even better. I don't see Graham being a high volume guy anymore, more of a top notch red zone guy.

I called this back in week 3 

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 14m14 minutes ago

Packers are releasing WR Jordy Nelson, per source.
I called this back in week 3 when top corners started shadowing Adams instead of Nelson. Writing was on the wall way back then ... Nelson is expendable at that price, Adams took his job.  

Big fan of Nelson, though, he's a great one in Packer history.

I called this back in week 3 

I called this back in week 3 when top corners started shadowing Adams instead of Nelson. Writing was on the wall way back then ... Nelson is expendable at that price, Adams took his job.  

Big fan of Nelson, though, he's a great one in Packer history.
I think it's more than the price. He looked done. He'd be smart to retire.

Geronimo Allison perhaps...

Michael Clark is probably still a year away...
This, I think Adams will still be the same guy numbers wise, I don't think he will be what Jordy was in his prime (a lock for 1300 + yards and 10+ touchdowns. I think Allison will be a good secondary option, Cobb will do what he always does and Graham will take Nelson's red zone shots. 

I still see Adams as a guy right around 1000 yards and 8 to 12 touchdowns, and I am not saying it in a bad way, I just see him as a low wr1 or high end wr2 for fantasy and can't put him up there Brown, OBJ, and Hopkins.

I also think this is a great time to buy low on Jordy. I could see him going some where and putting up number similar to Larry Fitzgerald, maybe a few less catches and yards, but more touchdowns. I could see grabbing him for a mid to late 3rd in dynasty.

I also think this is a great time to buy low on Jordy. I could see him going some where and putting up number similar to Larry Fitzgerald, maybe a few less catches and yards, but more touchdowns. I could see grabbing him for a mid to late 3rd in dynasty.
maybe if he went to a team like Green Bay he could revive his career. oh wait...

Crappy move by Green Bay to not release him a week ago, when he could have dictated his own market, instead of after a bunch of big name guys had already signed.

Crappy move by Green Bay to not release him a week ago, when he could have dictated his own market, instead of after a bunch of big name guys had already signed.
nah his market will be soft regardless of when he was let go....its a business.....is he any better than Decker? I mean Decker with Peyton was nasty.....Jordy with AAron was nasty too....put em on the jets.....meh

I think it's more than the price. He looked done. He'd be smart to retire.
He didn't look done at all. He looked like a guy who didn't have chemistry with a new QB, after playing 9 years with only 1 guy,other than a small stretch of 2013. There were dozens of plays where Nelson was wide open for sizable gains and Hundley either didn't see him, made a poor throw, or looked elsewhere. 

Nelson is still at the very least a good #2 WR. Somebody is going to get a steal here. I kinda feel bad for teams that blew money on inferior WR's because they didn't know Nelson would be available.

Users who are viewing this thread