Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eagle Eye

Jordy Nelson

Getting worried this could be like the Minnesota game where he doesn't see another reception !

Yes, it could be. But hey, he already has 80 yards and a TD so if that does happen it's still a pretty damn good day.

Can't believe Jordy is single-handedly bringing me back against the Peyton/AZ DST owner. I'll actually have a shot on MNF as long as Rodgers doesn't remember than Randall Cobb is also on the field.

Well, I guess a bear hug (no pun) is one way to stop another long TD. :(

Such a ##### play but it did save a TD thanks to the Cobb fumble.

Too bad I'm already out of the playoff hunt at going-on 4-6. Jordy is adding to my already-league-high score this week like a teaser, showing me how good my team can be but hasn't been since Calvin tanked. :(

Edited by Leonidas

Never say die. My team is 3-7 now. Need to win out and get lucky that other guys lose but I have a shot to get the 6th seed at 6-7. Jordy is making it happen.

Year in and year out, week in and week out, play after play D.B.'s underestimate the speed of Jordy Nelson. They give the goofy looking white guy zero respect because he is a goofy looking white guy. They presume they have the closing speed to take him. In reality Jordy is the fastest guy in football. No, he is not the fastest off of the line, it does take him a second or two to really get to speed, but his top end is faster than anybody and he consistently runs around the fastest D.B.'s in the game. If you want to see an example of his speed watch the Lacy screen pass from yesterday. Jordy will come flying into view, obviously much faster than anybody on the field, to hustle into place for a block by the goal line. Keep underestimating him. It is great watching him blow the doors off of guys as he speeds around them with his long strides.

Year in and year out, week in and week out, play after play D.B.'s underestimate the speed of Jordy Nelson. They give the goofy looking white guy zero respect because he is a goofy looking white guy. They presume they have the closing speed to take him. In reality Jordy is the fastest guy in football. No, he is not the fastest off of the line, it does take him a second or two to really get to speed, but his top end is faster than anybody and he consistently runs around the fastest D.B.'s in the game. If you want to see an example of his speed watch the Lacy screen pass from yesterday. Jordy will come flying into view, obviously much faster than anybody on the field, to hustle into place for a block by the goal line. Keep underestimating him. It is great watching him blow the doors off of guys as he speeds around them with his long strides.

Jordy Nelson is good enough that we don't need to resort to hyperbole. Nelson is very, very fast, but there are plenty of faster players. Trindon Holliday and Jeff Demps have both run sub-10 100-meter dashes, for instance. Demps is an honest-to-goodness Olympian. So is Marquise Goodwin of the Bills, who was clocked at 4.27 at the combine. Dri Archer ran a 4.26. Jacoby Ford ran a 4.28. Any one of these guys would absolutely destroy Nelson at any distance shorter than the full length of a football field, (and probably any distance longer than that, too). And these are just the fastest of the fast- there are dozens of second-tier speedsters who wouldn't have any trouble dispatching Nelson in any kind of footrace.

The reason Nelson is an All Pro and those guys aren't is that there are few players in the league who are better able to harness their speed and translate it to the football field. It's not how fast you are, it's how you use it.

• Like 1

Jordy Nelson is good enough that we don't need to resort to hyperbole. Nelson is very, very fast, but there are plenty of faster players. Trindon Holliday and Jeff Demps have both run sub-10 100-meter dashes, for instance. Demps is an honest-to-goodness Olympian. So is Marquise Goodwin of the Bills, who was clocked at 4.27 at the combine. Dri Archer ran a 4.26. Jacoby Ford ran a 4.28. Any one of these guys would absolutely destroy Nelson at any distance shorter than the full length of a football field, (and probably any distance longer than that, too). And these are just the fastest of the fast- there are dozens of second-tier speedsters who wouldn't have any trouble dispatching Nelson in any kind of footrace.

The reason Nelson is an All Pro and those guys aren't is that there are few players in the league who are better able to harness their speed and translate it to the football field. It's not how fast you are, it's how you use it.

No question they accelerate much faster than Nelson. I just happen to think Nelson's top end, once there, is higher. No way to know, of course, but to run them through a speed trap or put a laser on them at their top speed.

I love how Jordy just tosses his hand up on the fly, and says I got him I'm open and Rodgers is just waiting for that hand to go up

really something

Anybody worried about Revis Island this coming week for Jordy?

Hell, I'm just glad they're done facing Zimmer's defense. Other than that one broken coverage TD in the rain on that Thursday night, the Vikes have done a solid job keeping him in check. I'm hoping other teams don't copy his game plan.

Hell, I'm just glad they're done facing Zimmer's defense. Other than that one broken coverage TD in the rain on that Thursday night, the Vikes have done a solid job keeping him in check. I'm hoping other teams don't copy his game plan.

Ok, so what about the matchup with NE? Is he match up proof? I'm scraping for every point and cannot afford an off week.

Ok, so what about the matchup with NE? Is he match up proof? I'm scraping for every point and cannot afford an off week.

I cannot answer that with any degree of certainty, so let me ask you a question: can you really sit him?

I cannot answer that with any degree of certainty, so let me ask you a question: can you really sit him?

Don't want to list a bunch of my options (ACF), but somebody needs to pull me back off this cliff please.

What does the stats say; how have #1 WR's done against NE this year? Or recently? They seemed to keep Calvin in check last week, but I don't think Revis was on him all the time. Is there a trend that we should be concerned with? It seems like they could bracket Jordy, put Revis on Cobb, and then let the Adams types try to beat them...

Edited by OU#1

Don't want to list a bunch of my options (ACF), but somebody needs to pull me back off this cliff please.

What does the stats say; how have #1 WR's done against NE this year? Or recently? They seemed to keep Calvin in check last week, but I don't think Revis was on him all the time. Is there a trend that we should be concerned with? It seems like they could bracket Jordy, put Revis on Cobb, and then let the Adams types try to beat them...

yeah, I would actually expect that --- that's more of what they did with detroit.

they play some zone, some sides, but browner doesn't seem like such a great match for cobb.

they've given up 2 100 yard games to receivers, i believe -- sanders 10/150 and demaryius 7/120, but of course they had julius thomas to worry about there.

aj green managed 5/80/1, but I think he got fat after revis left the game.

they've had receivers do alright against them, and I think I'd hang myself if I benched him and he went off, but I can't say I love the match up.

one problem is jordy tends to take advantage of 40+ type plays, and pats have maybe given up 1 of those all year.

Well I'm not sure what to make of it, but here is some data to chew on. This is the list of all WR's so far this season against NE, with 5 or more targets, sorted by Fant Pts descending.

NAME	       TARG	REC	RECYD	YD/REC	RECTD	FANT PTE Sanders	16	10	151	15.1	0	15.1A.J. Green	7	5	81	16.2	1	14.1Mike Wallace	11	7	81	11.5714	1	14.1Robert Woods	10	7	78	11.1429	1	13.8Chris Hogan	6	5	72	14.4	1	13.2Mohamed Sanu	9	5	70	14	1	13D Thomas	11	7	127	18.1429	0	12.7Alshon Jeffery	8	5	59	11.8	1	11.9Golden Tate	10	4	97	24.25	0	11Reggie Wayne	9	5	91	18.2	0	9.1Dwayne Bowe	6	5	81	16.2	0	8.1Hakeem Nicks	5	2	15	7.5	1	7.5Eric Decker	7	4	65	16.25	0	6.5Calvin Johnson	10	4	58	14.5	0	5.8C Patterson	7	4	56	14	0	5.6James Jones	5	3	43	14.3333	0	4.3Jeremy Ross	5	3	35	11.6667	0	3.5B Marshall	10	3	35	11.6667	0	3.5Wes Welker	8	3	31	10.3333	0	3.1Jeremy Kerley	5	2	29	14.5	0	2.9T.Y. Hilton	7	3	24	8	0	2.4Denarius Moore	7	3	23	7.6667	0	2.3

What he said

Well, rather ridiculously, I am entertaining sitting him behind Dez, Josh and Odell this week. Pretty sure it's between him and Gordon and I'll prob sit Gordon when push comes to shove.

Jordy could put up a 4 for 35 just as easy as anyone, but he is more likely that anyone to put up 100 and 2. How can you bench a guy who has been doing well for you when you need him most? He is a stud, a stud who can beat any CB out there with the QB he has. Revis is good but he is not what he was.

Can't sit Jordy unless your team is stacked. And even then, I would expect this to be a high-scoring game and Rogers will keep throwing. Jordy just has to beat his guy on one play to have a decent day.

I acquired Jordy this year in my keeper league to go along with Julio. After this season though, I can only keep one. I am actually considering keeping him over Julio going into next year. Julio has more talent, but Jordy has a better QB and O Line.