Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eagle Eye

Jordy Nelson

I'm hoping he is still ignored like last year. His adp suggests this to be true.

I'm really banking on getting him at pick 18. I don't think there are 17 better players, but he consistenty is falling their in mocks.

I'm hoping he is still ignored like last year. His adp suggests this to be true.

I'm really banking on getting him at pick 18. I don't think there are 17 better players, but he consistenty is falling their in mocks.

I'm crossing my fingers for this.

I think we should stop responding in this thread. Let's keep this secret under wraps. When healthy, Jordy has been a WR1 for 4 consecutive seasons, he plays with the best QB in the game and he's still in his prime, yet FF owners continue to undervalue him. I like it. Now let's zip it until September ;)

all the mocks I am doing has jordy and julio available on the turn and it's driving me crazy that I have to make that choice....

If you get that spot, grab Julio first and you have a good shot at getting Jordy next. That's a great start!

Rotoworld:

One NFC scout noticed "teams tried to beat up" Jordy Nelson in man coverage last season.

The same scout said "maybe some teams figured him out." Nelson had a hard time finding separation against Brandon Carr, Stephon Gilmore and Xavier Rhodes late in the year and led Green Bay with nine dropped passes. Nelson still posted a career-best 1,519 on 98 catches. Nelson underwent offseason hip surgery but expects to be ready for the start of training camp later this week.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Jul 26 - 10:37 AM

all the mocks I am doing has jordy and julio available on the turn and it's driving me crazy that I have to make that choice....

Ya, why not take both?

• Like 1

Is anybody watching the preseason game today? Just saw some tidbit on ESPN that he was walking to the locker room. Wanted to see if there was any injury involved.

Is anybody watching the preseason game today? Just saw some tidbit on ESPN that he was walking to the locker room. Wanted to see if there was any injury involved.

Yeah, non-contact injury. Limped to the lockerroom. Left leg.

Limped off, non-contact injury to his left leg. Walked around a little and then back to the locker room.

Didn't seem too serious, but you never know.

Rolled his ankle coming back to the ball on a catch. Hobbled/hopped off of the field. Will be very interesting to see how severe this is. Three weeks until opening day would seem to be enough time to recover, but ankles can be tricky, especially if it is a high ankle type sprain.

Yeah, non-contact injury. Limped to the lockerroom. Left leg.

Oh wow--non contact doesn't sound too promising. Thank you for the info.

Rolled his ankle coming back to the ball on a catch. Hobbled/hopped off of the field. Will be very interesting to see how severe this is. Three weeks until opening day would seem to be enough time to recover, but ankles can be tricky, especially if it is a high ankle type sprain.

You can't get a HAS without contact. That's not a concern. Could be a run of the mill lateral ankle sprain, but I'd be more worried about the knee or hip than the ankle.

You can't get a HAS without contact. That's not a concern. Could be a run of the mill lateral ankle sprain, but I'd be more worried about the knee or hip than the ankle.

Man, you can #### an ankle up something fierce without contact

Man, you can #### an ankle up something fierce without contact
Of course you can. But the mechanism of injury for a high ankle sprain is forced dorisflexion, extreme forced plantar flexion, or forced external rotation of the foot. So like I said, a high ankle sprain can't happen without a lot of FORCE. This is nearly impossible to do without contact unless you are landing from a significant fall. He did none of those things. "High ankle sprain" is a term thrown around a lot by people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Now the way Pouncey was hurt? THAT can result in a HAS.

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Looked like nothing to me. Mild ankle sprain.

Stick to cornhole.

I'd be surprised if it was serious.
yeah non contact injuries to the knee are usually nothing.

:mellow:

Stick to cornhole.

yeah non contact injuries to the knee are usually nothing.

:mellow:

Looked minor to me. :shrug:

Stick to cornhole.

Reports are it's a torn ACL.

Anything else you want to add here?

Stick to cornhole.

Reports are it's a torn ACL.

Anything else you want to add here?

I'm surprised?

just read a report that it's maybe a torn ACL---but then I see that there are other reports saying minor. Anything definitive yet?

Edited by jvdesigns2002

Rapoport reporting initial diag is torn ACL

fake account

His verified fake account? That's a new one.

That being said (it was his real account), I'd hold on here. I'd like to see another reporter cite a source. .other than Rap.

Reason: I have never seen a same-hour "initial diagnosis" of a torn ACL.

Edited by Tango