Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eagle Eye

Jordy Nelson

I guess I just don't get why NFL teams continue to roll these needed talents out for preseason games. Why does a guy like Nelson need to play in a fake game?

Is it just the meathead coach mentality?

Rapoport reporting initial diag is torn ACL

fake account

His verified fake account? That's a new one.

That being said (it was his real account), I'd hold on here. I'd like to see another reporter cite a source. .other than Rap.

Reason: I have never seen a same-hour "initial diagnosis" of a torn ACL.

Still waiting for a second report. Packers have said nothing other than "knee", correct?

Edited by Tango

fake account

That being said (it was his real account), I'd hold on here. I'd like to see another reporter cite a source. .other than Rap.

There are physical tests that can determine this with about 75% accuracy.

I'm not a doctor....but don't you need to have an MRI first to determine a torn acl?

Mechanical tests used to make initial diagnosis. Confirmed by MRI.

fake account

Huh? Initial diagnosis is usually done in 5 minutes on the sideline.

fake account

It happens all the time. The trainers can pretty much tell with a couple of stability tests though it's not official or typically announced until after a MRI confirmation.

fake account

You would think they wouldn't have let him walk to the locker room on his own if they thought he had an ACL.

It makes you wonder, the amount of money teams are investing in players,

And they let teams have fields like, ... Pittsburg does.

No doubt what a joke. Lacy took a chunk of sod after his TD. It looked like it was a contributing factor to Nelson's injury.

I guess I just don't get why NFL teams continue to roll these needed talents out for preseason games. Why does a guy like Nelson need to play in a fake game?

Is it just the meathead coach mentality?

Benjamin went down in practice. Actually these guys are probably safer (non-truma injuries) playing 20 plays in a pre-season game than going through a full practice.

so does adams slide right in to the nelson role? cobb is cobb and works best from the slot.

as for blaming pre-season football... a non conctact ACL injury is the wrong injury to make that point with..... could have happened anywhere... of course unless the field condition is the main cause

so does adams slide right in to the nelson role? cobb is cobb and works best from the slot.

as for blaming pre-season football... a non conctact ACL injury is the wrong injury to make that point with..... could have happened anywhere... of course unless the field condition is the main cause

It's not. It'll be a convenient thing for people to ##### about, but the field in Pittsburgh isn't bad this time of year. Maybe the Packers should've been using different cleats, who knows. Or maybe it was just bad luck.... this injuries happen all the time on good surfaces too.

It's terrible late in the season because of weather, sharing the stadium with Pitt, and having 4 high school championship games played there every year.

You would think they wouldn't have let him walk to the locker room on his own if they thought he had an ACL.

You'd think that but I was at the game that Brady blew out his knee and he walked out off on his own. I remember thinking that it couldn't be a serious knee injury b/c they let him walk off. Not a doctor but I think once its torn there isn't a lot more damage that you can do by walking on it. Perhaps Dr. Bramel will weigh in on this.

fake account

:shrug: even my wife walked out of her zumba class and for a few days with a completely torn ACL. Not that it's smart, but it seems these don't hurt as much as we would think.

Have to think Montgomery gets first crack at WR3 snaps here, based on positive reports and his high athleticism.

Janis and Abbrederis both bring something to the table, though. Janis has great measurables and excelled at Saginaw State. Can he make the jump from small school/7th rounder to playing meaningful snaps? Abbredderis has had concussion issues after missing his rookie year with an ACL, so very murky.

Perhaps more targets for Montgomery and Rogers (TE).

fake account

:shrug: even my wife walked out of her zumba class and for a few days with a completely torn ACL. Not that it's smart, but it seems these don't hurt as much as we would think.

What NFL team does your wife play for? We are talking about protecting their investment here.

So I guess those who went Foster/Jordy/Benjamin aren't in great shape right now

My dynasty roster of foster Mccoy Jordy sanders gates isn't looking good but I almost have Victor Cruz back Edited by bostonfred

So I guess those who went Foster/Jordy/Benjamin aren't in great shape right now

My dynasty roster of foster Mccoy Jordy sanders gates isn't looking good but I almost have Victor Cruz back

Thanks for the update!

How high does Adams rise now? Is he a top 30 WR?

Assuming the news is correct and Jordy is out, Adams has a chance to get a lot of targets. Top-30 doesn't seem unreasonable...that's Torrey Smtih/Roddy White territory.

Janis and Montgomery will contend for the third spot. I could see one of them making a good spot start if the matchup is right, but likely hard to predict.

What does this do to Rodgers' fantasy value?

Assuming the news is correct and Jordy is out, Adams has a chance to get a lot of targets. Top-30 doesn't seem unreasonable...that's Torrey Smtih/Roddy White territory.

Janis and Montgomery will contend for the third spot. I could see one of them making a good spot start if the matchup is right, but likely hard to predict.

What does this do to Rodgers' fantasy value?

Richard Rodgers moves up, yes

Oh, definitely.

Easily top 30. Top 20 is the question. Think hes in that territory now. Heck if I was the #2 target for Aaron Rodgers, Id be a WR2.

Why are people always bumping three yr old threads??? I certainly don't want to sift though crap from yrs ago that's not relevant. A potential season ending injury certainly warrants a new thread....ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, just took a look at all the Flex WR options on teams in my 10 teamer, and Adams definitely looks more attractive than all of them if Jordy is indeed out. Wish i had heard about this earlier. He's already been snatched up.

Why are people always bumping three yr old threads??? I certainly don't want to sift though crap from yrs ago that's not relevant. A potential season ending injury certainly warrants a new thread....ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI all the current information is on the last page or two.

• Like 1

Lucky for us, FBG sorts their threads in chronological order!

• Like 1