Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eagle Eye

Jordy Nelson

Why are people always bumping three yr old threads??? I certainly don't want to sift though crap from yrs ago that's not relevant. A potential season ending injury certainly warrants a new thread....ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI all the current information is on the last page or two.

That is brilliant. No wonder Joe makes the big bucks.

Wow, I am bad luck, I have shopped 3 guys in my dynasty leagues this year for one reason or another and all three have suffered major injuries.

Nelson

Foster

Benjamin

Why are people always bumping three yr old threads??? I certainly don't want to sift though crap from yrs ago that's not relevant. A potential season ending injury certainly warrants a new thread....ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last page button down?

• Like 1

I just drafted him with my second pick yesterday. Now I have to figure out who I'm going to replace him with. Do I just take Janis from the same team or do I find a player from another team. Williams in Dallas is available and so is Jones in Cinci.

Yeah, I feel for the people that had their drafts this afternoon....say at 1 PM or so. They had a healthy Jordy for only an hour or two.

Wow, I am bad luck, I have shopped 3 guys in my dynasty leagues this year for one reason or another and all three have suffered major injuries.

Nelson

Foster

Benjamin

THANKS

Tell me about it, I feel like Soulfly

I swear they love seeing "hot" thread so that the first time peeps see that and see how active it is when in fact nobody here rereads through all the old crap yet we have to sift through everything in the last "few" pages to find NEW relevant info...

Nelson

Foster

Benjamin

THANKS

No, I mean it. Thank you. All three are owned by division rivals in my dynasty league.

Last page button down?

Not to spoil things, but page 3 & 4 were really great.

Last page button down?

Yeah.

It's pretty simple.

• Like 1

I swear they love seeing "hot" thread so that the first time peeps see that and see how active it is when in fact nobody here rereads through all the old crap yet we have to sift through everything in the last "few" pages to find NEW relevant info...

Completely agree. It'd be so much easier if there was a new thread for every player each week.

Last page button down?

Click the dot/star and it'll jump to the first post you haven't read (or most recent since marking the whole forum read)

Nelson

Foster

Benjamin

THANKS

No, I mean it. Thank you. All three are owned by division rivals in my dynasty league.

Lol, your welcome I guess :wall:

• Like 1

Rap live on NFLN.

Sounds like his tweet had very thorough reporting behind it. : (

McCarthy presser live on NFLN in a few min...

NFLN got tired of waiting for McCarthy apparently.

Keeper auction starting in 15 minutes. Going to be interesting to see where he goes

That's when you exchange that look with other owners. You know who knows....and who doesn't.

I got him for $3. Either a cheap keeper or the MRI is negative. He still hasn't had that MRI. :shrug:

Keeper auction starting in 15 minutes. Going to be interesting to see where he goes

That's when you exchange that look with other owners. You know who knows....and who doesn't.

I got him for $3. Either a cheap keeper or the MRI is negative. He still hasn't had that MRI. :shrug:

The DRs now one when they see it, and the players usually know that something is terrible wrong.

Nelson

Foster

Benjamin

THANKS

See, I've kept my trap shut and my players have been fine. for now.

I'm not saying a damn word about my players this year

• Like 1

Nelson

Foster

Benjamin

Please post the rest of your roster...

• Like 1

The DRs now one when they see it, and the players usually know that something is terrible wrong.

Yep, worth a shot tho.

Nelson

Foster

Benjamin

Please post the rest of your roster...

Not sarcasm. Seriously post it.

Yes, searching 1/3 of the way down the first page is indeed painful. I feel sorry for you. I'm shocked you were able to find it to post in. Go buy yourself a cookie and feel better. Or a donut.

Edited by Hankmoody

I just drafted him with my second pick yesterday. Now I have to figure out who I'm going to replace him with. Do I just take Janis from the same team or do I find a player from another team. Williams in Dallas is available and so is Jones in Cinci.

That sucks, man.

I'll never understand those who draft before the preseason ends. What happened to Jordy is EXACTLY why I wait.

Completely agree. It'd be so much easier if there was a new thread for every player each week.

Make sure you point out your sarcasm... some of these guys will think you're serious and actually do it.

Nelson

Foster

Benjamin

THANKS

See, I've kept my trap shut and my players have been fine. for now.

I'm not saying a damn word about my players this year

which players are those?

So just curious - is this Soulfly=Ojaays conspiracy from the Gordon thread still a thing, by any chance? :) I saw the back-to-back posts and :tinfoilhat:

He really does seem to post right after me, far too often

That sucks, man.

I'll never understand those who draft before the preseason ends. What happened to Jordy is EXACTLY why I wait.

i wait til after the season. it sucks just as bad to have those week 1 or 2 injuries. or those injuries to your studs just before the playoffs or during them.

That sucks, man.

i wait til after the season. it sucks just as bad to have those week 1 or 2 injuries. or those injuries to your studs just before the playoffs or during them.

:goodposting:

We're just now drafting our 1980 teams. Thinking I've got a steal in this Sims kid. :thumbup:

Jordy will be 31 next year when the season starts. What does his value look like at the beginning of next season?

At least there's a silver lining that it happened in the pre-season. He's got 12 full months to recover, like Sam Bradford.

Jordy will be 31 next year when the season starts. What does his value look like at the beginning of next season?

Depends on Adams/Cobb this year.

Guessing he still comes back as a 4th rounder maybe? Pure speculation though, so many variables. Can't remember the last time we had 2 top 20WR be lost for the season before it started. WIll be interesting to see their ADP next year.

Much Much lower. 30+ year olds just dont recover the same way, not to mention 30 year olds need to work harder just to stay where they are physcially. He will not be able to.

Much lower for me

Love Jody but his value really took a hit. By the time he comes backs he's 31. Then he has to show he can still play. By then he's 32.

Love Jody but his value really took a hit. By the time he comes backs he's 31. Then he has to show he can still play. By then he's 32.

And the following year he'll be 33.

I'll be happy to have Jordy heading into next year. Just with far lesser expectations. Especially if one of these other WRs carves out a nice role and does well. But even if they don't, he simply won't be at the same physical level he is right now.

I would still expect about 200 PPR points with SOME upside, but yeah, his value was just slashed into pieces.

Who had the rougher day, Jordy Nelson or Willie Neslon?

downgrade all nelsons imo.

Harriet Nelson's stock still strong IMO

And the following year he'll be 33.

I think I see where this is heading.

That sucks, man.

Really? You don't understand leagues where people have families, jobs, are flying in for some of them, long drives for others having their draft on a weekend as close to the season start as possible? It's hard. Not doing it Labor Day weekend that's for sure. Gotta be live. There is literally no other way than to do it most times on the latest possible weekend where you can actually get everyone together. Real questions... Are you married? Have kids? Everyone live close? Live draft?

• Like 2