Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHall

Austin/Butler for Roddy

16 Team PPR, tackle heavy IDP, see roster below

First deal I just made

I Trade:

Jermicael Finley

Jerrell Freeman

I Receive:

Hakeem Nicks

I felt I had depth at TE and LB and get a massive upgrade at WR. New WR lineup is Fitz/Nicks/Austin, before Fitz/Austin/D. Moore. At LB I still have Butler/Woodyard/B. Jones/D. Smith.

First off, good first move? Secondly, would you move M. Austin and Butler for Roddy White? My LBs would be killed. I would have to move Sio Moore, Fokou or Hawthorne into my lineup. How much of a step up is Roddy?

Leave a link and i will answer.

I never played with that much IDP so wouldn't be able to assess this rightfully.

But looking at it, I'd try to trade.

How much does a great LB score versus a good one?

Well Roddy last year scored 16.8 PPG, Austin 12.1. Butler scored 10.3 PPG last year and is close this year. Fokou/Hawthorne are around 6 PPG so far. I like the prospect of Fitz/Nicks/White and its easier to find LB talent off the WW. Tough part is I just dealt Freeman so its tough going from LB being a huge strength to one with little depth. I may try to deal Daryl Smith instead of Butler

BUT Roddy White is Injured this year and it may be weeks before he is close to healthy thus I would NOT make that trade

Yeah, that is the way I was leaning. The only reason I am even considering it is for the playoff run. I'm a virtual lock to make the playoffs and that WR trio would be nice. I'll probably hold off and just play the hot hand between Austin/D. Moore/Patterson. Thanks for the feedback