Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
False Start

The Trent Richardson Thread

32 minutes ago, squistion said:

There is still hope for Mr. Alphabet's prediction to come true, that Trent Richardson is a Mortal Lock to succeed. Hopefully all those who invested in dynasty leagues on his sage advice have held on to TRich as if he does well in the AAF, the next stop will be a return to the NFL.   :popcorn:

RotoWire 🏈‏ @RotoWireNFL 7h7 hours ago

Trent Richardson: Playing in AAF

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=8046

Oh god. 

Trent Richardson - RB -  Free Agent

Making his Alliance of American Football debut, Trent Richardson rushed 23 times for 58 yards and two touchdowns in the Birmingham Iron's 26-0, Week 1 win over the Memphis Express.

He added a two-point conversion. The former No. 3 overall pick of the Browns in 2012, Richardson is one of the biggest "names" in the AAF's inaugural season. Running the ball is the foundation of these AAF offenses, but it also happens to be the toughest thing to do since offensive line play is just so bad. Richardson was better than the numbers suggest, but that's not to say he looks like any sort of NFL talent at 28 years old with a lot of miles on the proverbial tires. Richardson last donned an NFL uniform in training camp with the Ravens in 2016.

Feb 10 - 8:51 PM

Trent Richardson rushed 19 times for 41 yards and one touchdown in the Birmingham Iron's 12-9, Week 2 win over the Salt Lake Stallions on Saturday, adding six catches for 50 yards on seven targets.

Richardson has been the offense for the 2-0 Iron through two weeks, rushing for 58 yards and a pair of scores in the Week 1 shutout of the Express before playing through a hamstring injury and scoring the game-winning touchdown with 4:48 left in this one. Richardson's rushing numbers aren't jumping off the page with a 42-99-3 line for a pitiful 2.36 YPC, but he's been a workhorse and has a nose for the end zone. Richardson isn't showing anything to get himself back in the NFL, but he's doing enough to remain a foundation piece in the AAF.

Feb 17, 2019, 12:52 PM

28 minutes ago, need2know said:

He actually looks worse vs lesser competition.

He has always dropped to the occasion.

23 hours ago, Faust said:

Trent Richardson rushed 19 times for 41 yards and one touchdown in the Birmingham Iron's 12-9, Week 2 win over the Salt Lake Stallions on Saturday, adding six catches for 50 yards on seven targets.

Richardson has been the offense for the 2-0 Iron through two weeks, rushing for 58 yards and a pair of scores in the Week 1 shutout of the Express before playing through a hamstring injury and scoring the game-winning touchdown with 4:48 left in this one. Richardson's rushing numbers aren't jumping off the page with a 42-99-3 line for a pitiful 2.36 YPC, but he's been a workhorse and has a nose for the end zone. Richardson isn't showing anything to get himself back in the NFL, but he's doing enough to remain a foundation piece in the AAF.

Feb 17, 2019, 12:52 PM

Wow, what a puff piece.

14 hours ago, [scooter] said:

Wow, what a puff piece.

They did say "numbers aren't jumping off the page" and "pitiful 2.36 YPC." I think they're trying to find the silver lining here, though I'm not sure it's not part of the cloud of dust that he's leaving with that stat line.  

2 hours ago, rockaction said:

They did say "numbers aren't jumping off the page" and "pitiful 2.36 YPC." I think they're trying to find the silver lining here, though I'm not sure it's not part of the cloud of dust that he's leaving with that stat line.  

He does claim he is a "foundational piece in the AAF". 

That, and a dollar, will get you a cup of coffee ;) 

I did watch (scanned through)  the Orlando/San Antonio game and it was pretty entertaining. 

Im enjoying the AAF (read: having some form of football to get me through the spring) and think the timing of the schedule for this league (right after the Super Bowl) is a very smart move as well as their angle of being a farm team for the NFL. 

On 2/19/2019 at 11:07 AM, rockaction said:

To be fair the Oline play is terrible in that league but Im not sure Ive ever seen a guy with the combination of having so much physical talent and yet the worst vision Ive ever seen. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Like 1

Great determination and toughness and 'nose' on end zone runs. Where is that the rest of the field?

If the NFL still had goal line runners he would have a job.

Zac Stacy looks real good. He's got a couple 100 yard games despite weak OL play. 

On 2/18/2019 at 5:45 PM, need2know said:

He actually looks worse vs lesser competition.

Hard to believe that in 2019 we are still talking about this guy.

1 hour ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Hard to believe that in 2019 we are still talking about this guy.

Well only because another league was started. Who knows what he was doing before that? 

On 2/22/2019 at 3:51 PM, Bri said:

Great determination and toughness and 'nose' on end zone runs. Where is that the rest of the field?

If the NFL still had goal line runners he would have a job.

Zac Stacy looks real good. He's got a couple 100 yard games despite weak OL play. 

Man did I love Zac Stacy when he came out. What a disappointment. 

On 2/22/2019 at 5:40 PM, Gandalf said:

Well only because another league was started. Who knows what he was doing before that? 

He was freezing his ### off in Saskatchewan playing for the Roughriders in the CFL.

• Like 1