Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
False Start

The Trent Richardson Thread

I would riot if I was a Cleveland fan.

I would rejoice. Richardson will be done by the time Cleveland is a winner. You don't build around a RB. You build around a QB. Now they have ammo if they don't have the #1 outright.

Edit: They are explaining this right now.

Edited by lod01

Who starts in cle

RB Chris Ogbannya is 'probably' next in line but the team picked up RB Bobby Rainey a couple of weeks ago.

Don't invest too much into anyone just yet, I think this one is fluid.

Paging sigmund bloom!

Who should we target??

This might save my season!

Totally stunned. W...T....F....

As was mentioned, 2014 first round should be fantastic and Cleveland is setting themselves up to make a splash and draft whomever they want.

If they want Bridgewater, they'll need the ammo to get him. Well...they might not need to trade up now.

Edited by Touchdown Syndrome

in the NFL you can't win without a franchise QB, so i guess this trade locks in Cle for a top 1-5 pick in a draft loaded with QB talent. Maybe they figured they had to sacrifice Trent to make sure they don't win more then 3-4 games.

• Like 2

Their is one stat that stook out as an issue I had with T-Rich.

Lack of big plays.

What was missing for Richardson were the big plays. His longest run of the year was only for 32 yards, and just two of his 267 carries went for 20 yards or more. That's not a lot: 0.7 percent is the fifth-lowest rate for any back with 200 carries or more over the past five years.

How does a team throw in the towel after two weeks? Does this mean the injury to Weeden is worse than it seemed?

It's not throwing in the towel. It's a brilliant trade for CLE and terrible one for IND. I knew Irsay had a big mouth, but I didn't realize he was this bad.

Serious questions....

A. How many teams would be smart to trade their starting RB for the Colts 1st rounder?

B. How many teams would be smart to trade a 1st for Trent.

To me, the answer to A is at least 27 (and I could be talked into 32, if it wasn't in the middle of the season).

The answer to B is clearly zero.

• Like 1

:shock:

This is unreal. Buy-low period over. Chance he plays this weekend?

He has maybe one practice figuring he has to take his physical and other housekeeping, and faces the 49ers. I think you need to sit him.

Yup, on ESPN.com now too...this Richardson owner is quite happy.

Why? Going from the man to splitting carries??

You think the Colts traded a 1st for Trent ####ing Richardson so he could split with broke ### Bradshaw?

Their is one stat that stook out as an issue I had with T-Rich.

Lack of big plays.

What was missing for Richardson were the big plays. His longest run of the year was only for 32 yards, and just two of his 267 carries went for 20 yards or more. That's not a lot: 0.7 percent is the fifth-lowest rate for any back with 200 carries or more over the past five years.

Wow

So the Browns basically trade the #3 overall pick in 2012 for a pick in the 20s in the 2014 draft.

-QG

Thats the part I dont get

something has to be going on with Trich that we dont know about. This makes no sense on any level

This reeks of something being wrong with Richardson

No, actually it reeks of something being really wrong with Weeden. Can't wait until the medical reports come out in a few days indicating he's gone for 8 games or more.

This is as blatant a case of throwing in the towel as I've seen in a long time.

as a Richardson owner I'd think he obviously warrants a benching for this week....anyone care to hazard a guess as to how long it takes for him to get up to speed to be playable in fantasy?

This week, I'd play him this week....

So the Browns basically trade the #3 overall pick in 2012 for a pick in the 20s in the 2014 draft.

-QG

Sure, and it was a bad pick at the time but that's not really the point.

They got a 1st round pick for a RB, which is highway robbery. Most teams don't get to get bailed out of wasted first round picks.

With the first pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select....

Fresno State QB Derek Carr.