What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (3 Viewers)

Is it too much to ask for a decent game this week vs stl? Stl bottom 5 vs the run. 50 yards and a td would be nice. Yes I still have to start him one more week. Waiting for vereen to return to send trich where he belongs..

I can't believe this thread is still alive, much less as incredibly active as it is. Can we all just agree that:

1. Trent is a total bust in redraft leagues
  2. Trent has a lot of physical ability that isn't translating into on-field production
  3. His lack of production is due to many factors, including a lack of vision and poor offensive line
  4. It is possible he will have substantial improvement in years to come, but that's a big gamble.
I love digging into the minutia of fantasy football, but Trent has done nothing new or noteworthy since being traded. Gamble on him if you want in dynasty, I have him in one league and I'm still holding out hope, but I'm adjusting my expectations for the future. He's no bigger a gamble than drafting Lattimore in dynasty drafts this year, and maybe less because he's still young, healthy, and going to tote the rock for a quality team.
I doubt either of these are his problem. It doesn't matter what he sees if he can't get to it. He is just not a good RB. He has no agility. If he has to change direction or make a person miss, he loses all his momentum and is tackled easily.

I can't believe this thread is still alive, much less as incredibly active as it is. Can we all just agree that:

• Trent is a total bust in redraft leagues
  • Trent has a lot of physical ability that isn't translating into on-field production
  • His lack of production is due to many factors, including a lack of vision and poor offensive line
  • It is possible he will have substantial improvement in years to come, but that's a big gamble.
I love digging into the minutia of fantasy football, but Trent has done nothing new or noteworthy since being traded. Gamble on him if you want in dynasty, I have him in one league and I'm still holding out hope, but I'm adjusting my expectations for the future. He's no bigger a gamble than drafting Lattimore in dynasty drafts this year, and maybe less because he's still young, healthy, and going to tote the rock for a quality team.
[/thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
So Mark Ingram sucks and now his backup in college sucks? Alabama obviously inflated how good they looked. A guy like Zac Stacy in the 5th run smarter and better. They could insert undrafted free agents and gamble on better rushing production at this point.

Trent Richardson did not practice Wednesday due to an ankle injury.
We didn't see Richardson in any pain on Sunday night and he hasn't been on the injury report all season. There's no word yet on the exact nature of his injury. Perhaps it's just a rest day for a player that has rushed 22 times for just 57 yards (2.59 YPC) over the last two games.
lol rotoworld gettin' feisty

This late ankle injury that gets reported on Wednesday sounds as queer as Josh freeman's Wednesday concussion. Coincidence? I think not.

Phlash said:
So Mark Ingram sucks and now his backup in college sucks? Alabama obviously inflated how good they looked. A guy like Zac Stacy in the 5th run smarter and better. They could insert undrafted free agents and gamble on better rushing production at this point.
Nick Saban creates massive offensive lines who take advantage of mismatches, show discipline in creating big alleys or creases through which big running backs can plow through and get a head of steam.

The below are his primary college running backs, nearly all of them were well drafted:

Sedrick Irvin - 4th round pick

TJ Duckett - 1st round pick

Lebrandon Toefield - 4th round pick

Joe Addai - 1st round pick

Justin Vincent (BCS MVP, injured, not drafted)

Glen Coffee - 3rd round pick (maybe not his recruit)

Mark Ingram - 1st round pick

Trent Richardson - 1st round pick

Eddie Lacy - 2nd round pick

Lacy's doing great so far of course. I think we all remember Addai being a pretty good RB, but he didn't do much after his first two years where he basically got right about at 1000 yards rushing. If you look at all of them together as a group...

Colts OC Pep Hamilton reiterated he wants to get Trent Richardson's season kick started.
This is falling on deaf ears a bit now after Richardson handled only ten touches in last Sunday night's loss to the Texans. The Colts seem intent on keeping T-Rich in a committee with Donald Brown. "I just have to find ways to creatively get the ball to Trent," said Hamilton. "A lot of different ways, not just out in space, but do a better job with run schemes that feature his instincts. But he’s gotten better each week, and we expect that he’ll continue to make big plays for us."

I thought the Colts won last week?

Colts OC Pep Hamilton reiterated he wants to get Trent Richardson's season kick started.

This is falling on deaf ears a bit now after Richardson handled only ten touches in last Sunday night's loss to the Texans. The Colts seem intent on keeping T-Rich in a committee with Donald Brown. "I just have to find ways to creatively get the ball to Trent," said Hamilton. "A lot of different ways, not just out in space, but do a better job with run schemes that feature his instincts. But he’s gotten better each week, and we expect that he’ll continue to make big plays for us."

CONTINUE to what???

Easy mistake to make. I'm sure they had loser on their mind when starting the Richardson blurb.
I still can't accept hes a complete bust, I just hope after an off-season with the coaching staff he'll breakout next yr
It's very possible. The Colts line could stand to improve as well.

For this year, I'm not sure what else people need to see. I've watched every carry he's taken this season -- the guy just has no juice. The guy needs to slim down some as he simply has no burst whatsoever. IMO He's playing quite a bit above his listed weight right now. (I'm sure this will be something we hear during the offseason Richardson blurbs) There's no doubt he can break tackles. He'll need to work on hitting the hole as well (which isn't exactly something you want to ever hear about a power back). He's leaving a lot of yardage on the field waiting for enormous holes, that rarely happen at the NFL level, to develop and not taking what is there.

There's a lot for Trent to work on this offseason. Even with how lackluster he looks from a running standpoint, he looks like someone that is doing too much thinking out there right now -- and it's making him look foolish. No reason he can't do better even at his current weight (he can't look any worse)

I see no reason why he can't turn it around like Lynch/Benson/R.Bush. Some guys just take longer to develop. Those enormous holes you can wait for in college aren't there anymore.

Easy mistake to make. I'm sure they had loser on their mind when starting the Richardson blurb.
I still can't accept hes a complete bust, I just hope after an off-season with the coaching staff he'll breakout next yr
Depends on what you mean by complete bust. He is very ordinary, but you can be totally ordinary and put up borderline RB1 numbers in the right circumstance. I don't see that ever happening for him again. I don't think the Colts or any other team will leave their running game totally in the hands of Trent Richardson.

There's a reason that the Colts drafted Ballard, then brought Bradshaw in as a FA, then traded for Richardson.

*whispers* It's because Brown is not a good every down back.

To date, if TRich is in the game, he's running or blocking. He's been almost non-existent in the passing game - until last week. I'm not saying he's going to be an RB1 the rest of the season, but he's got some favorable match ups coming up and is starting to see some targets. Back away from the ledge.

Depends on what you mean by complete bust. He is very ordinary, but you can be totally ordinary and put up borderline RB1 numbers in the right circumstance. I don't see that ever happening for him again. I don't think the Colts or any other team will leave their running game totally in the hands of Trent Richardson.
What about him is ordinary? He's terrible.

In redraft I would be surprised if he is owned in any leagues except with somewhat deep rosters. At the very least, not in any starting lineups.

What about him is ordinary? He's terrible.
He is just 1 year removed from a 1300 yard 12 TD season.

Users who are viewing this thread