What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (2 Viewers)

From a "money ball" perspective, you have to think that brown could have produced those same numbers and Indy could have kept its first rounder?

Obviously Cleveland made out like bandits (this year) on the trade. Who they take with that pick/how well he does and how well Richardson does during his carer with Indy will be the true test.

They were down so much early Trent never got the chance to get going. He looked really good on that one 5 yard run. Next week he should do much better.

Kudos to the Browns. It looks like Richardson just isn't a very good running back. Getting a first rounder for him ends up being a steal.

I'm having a hard time remembering a player who, in a span of a few weeks, went from being perceived as a near-elite talent to being perceived as terrible.

It's really stunning.

Nero said:
I thought the Colts won last week?
Easy mistake to make. I'm sure they had loser on their mind when starting the Richardson blurb.
I still can't accept hes a complete bust, I just hope after an off-season with the coaching staff he'll breakout next yr
Depends on what you mean by complete bust. He is very ordinary, but you can be totally ordinary and put up borderline RB1 numbers in the right circumstance. I don't see that ever happening for him again. I don't think the Colts or any other team will leave their running game totally in the hands of Trent Richardson.
What about him is ordinary? He's terrible.
He is just 1 year removed from a 1300 yard 12 TD season.
He is 0 years removed from a 500 yard 2 TD season.

I'm having a hard time remembering a player who, in a span of a few weeks, went from being perceived as a near-elite talent to being perceived as terrible.

It's really stunning.
Agreed.

Stunning is mildly saying it.

I can't even find a word to describe the sheer fire he is burning on my bench this week. And he will never leave it the rest of this season.

Maybe ever.

It's shocking.

It actually reminds me of Anthony Thomas. The A-Train had an even better rookie year than Trent....then fell flat on his face after that.

This smells just like that to me.

It's really stunning.
Kevin Jones is the only i can really think of. After his rookie year, in which he averaged nearly 5 ypc, he was a top 5 dynasty rb, then laid a turd from there on out

It's really stunning.
Kevin Jones is the only i can really think of. After his rookie year, in which he averaged nearly 5 ypc, he was a top 5 dynasty rb, then laid a turd from there on out
I drooled over his future, watching him at VT. Such a sleek looking athlete. Could never stay healthy.

It's really stunning.
He will be one of the most dropped players this week will RichTURDson be.

DHB needs cut, and someone needs to slap Pep silly until he realizes the Colts are not built to be a run-first team. These big deficits in the first half every week finally caught up with them.

I hate this thread, hate seeing it bumped all the time. But I'm going to contribute to the piling on.

Ingram looking much better than Trent tonight.

Has everyone been converted or have the aplogists just stopped showing up here?
I might have been labeled an apologist in this thread at some point. I don't play re-draft, so in the two leagues where I still own him, it's basically hold and hope in dynasty.
Same here. Have him in 2 dynasty leagues and am just holding and hoping. Spent a 1.01 for him in a rookie draft and a 1.06 for him in a start up 2 years ago. Can't dump him for nothing and keep holding out hope for a Lynch-esque revival after a couple of years. In the meantime, he's glued to my bench.

We all make bad picks sometimes but I would be absolutely disgusted if I spent a lot on this guy.

Slaton, A-train, Kevin jones. Sometimes these guy happen.

DHB needs cut, and someone needs to slap Pep silly until he realizes the Colts are not built to be a run-first team. These big deficits in the first half every week finally caught up with them.
What are you talking about? Before today's game they only had 2 "big" first half deficits all year (12-0 vs. Seattle and 14-0 vs. Texas).

I'm shocked how many "experts" still have them in their top 5 dynasty rbs. And I'm talking about guys who have updated their lists in the last 10 days. I just don't get it.
Most amazing to me is that there's only one person who has Gio ranked higher than TRich. I can forgive a high TRich ranking due to his age but how can you rank him higher than Gio given what we've already seen?

I'm shocked how many "experts" still have them in their top 5 dynasty rbs. And I'm talking about guys who have updated their lists in the last 10 days. I just don't get it.
Most amazing to me is that there's only one person who has Gio ranked higher than TRich. I can forgive a high TRich ranking due to his age but how can you rank him higher than Gio given what we've already seen?
I personally don't think alot of them really update them. I think they just change the date and repost them.

In redraft I would be surprised if he is owned in any leagues except with somewhat deep rosters. At the very least, not in any starting lineups.
Still starts for me every week - this week alongside Jonathan Stewart. :thumbup:

He's my topscoring RB and I'm playoff bound - though that has more to do with Calvin, AJ and Jordan Cameron

The Colts bent over the Browns on trade value.

They did it so they can draft a QB next year, having a stud RB with a garbage QB is not going to help the Browns win. BAD value by the Browns, but the logic is sound.
So you think they should have gotten more than a 1st-round pick?
Just saying Richardson is more valuable than say the 25th pick. I see the Browns logic since they want to draft a franchise QB.
You forgot to log back in as Chachi. :)

I posted a few pages back about (former GM) Pat Kirwan being shocked about the Brownies pulling a 1st-rounder for him. He assumed they would get a 3rd which could become a 2nd with performance incentives. The RB market just isn't what it used to be.
The actual value is fine. It's the fact that they are doing it now that isn't fine.
Turns out, the timing was a thing of beauty. The Browns shipped him off before he could demonstrate how below average he is.

Cleveland looks absolutely brilliant on this one.

Do you think part of Mark Ingrams passionate play tonight is that he doesn't want to be lumped in with T-Rich?

Shocking... talking heads coming in to pat eachother on the back yet again. Let's ignore what actually happened in the game today and pile on Richardson.

Shocking... talking heads coming in to pat eachother on the back yet again. Let's ignore what actually happened in the game today and pile on Richardson.
As a blind Colts fan I must say that I'm glad I was turned down in all those trade offers trying to obtain Richardson. Not just because of Richardson, but because of him and that horrible OL.

I am starting to feel really, really good about dealing Richardson like 3 weeks ago for a 2014 1st (from a pretty much guaranteed non playoff team).

I am also LOVING the Colts 2014 1st as a Browns fan instead of that guy. Granted, he would be an upgrade over the trash we currently have at RB, but probably not enough of an upgrade to impact the standings at all.

Come on now.

I am a T.Rich owner :bag: And he has been nothing short of horrible now. I came in here...defended him...thought he needed some time to adjust to the trade, change of playbook...etc etc etc.

There are no excuses anymore. And even though the team as a whole stunk up the entire place, his play has been consistent all season.

Bad.

I hope next year we see a turnaround.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you talking about? Before today's game they only had 2 "big" first half deficits all year (12-0 vs. Seattle and 14-0 vs. Texas).
So...they've started out in a 2-score deficit in 3 of the last 5 games then, right?

The Broncos game is the only game out of the past 5 where they had the lead going into half-time (26-14). The other 4 games, the Colts have been outscored 78-26 by halftime.

You can't continually rely on 4th quarter comebacks.

Still waiting to hear about the "drastic" adjustments the Colts made over their bye week to unleash Richardson.

I like how you double down on your Richardson support by suggesting that you watch and know more football than anyone that would criticize him. Don't ever change, please.

Users who are viewing this thread