What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (1 Viewer)

jah77 said:
I see people downplaying Richardson...his YPC...but he was playing on an awful Cleveland team against D that were stacking the box against him ever week. This is a huge fail for the Cleveland org. It's got to be painful to be a Browns fan. My condolenses.
I thought he was low on the facing of 8 men in the box?

So which QB do the Browns want... Bridgewater, Mariotta, Hundley, or Boyd. Bridgewater looks to be the #1 QB prospect but Mariotta is interesting.
Does it matter? The Browns will do one of 2 things. A. They will pick the wrong guy. B They will pick the right guy and trade him

So which QB do the Browns want... Bridgewater, Mariotta, Hundley, or Boyd. Bridgewater looks to be the #1 QB prospect but Mariotta is interesting.
Good thing they used a 1st on a 29 year old QB last year. What a joke.
Posts like this really mislead people. Another regime did that. The current regime is going to go hell bent to make up for what they feel are major mistakes made by previous regime(s). This became really clear today.

Which would be better for the Colts?

Rolling with Bradshaw for the rest of this year and then addressing the need with that first round pick to get their choice of RBs in the 2014 draft or going with Richardson?

Seems way early to call him a complete bust - 18 games playing with the Browns? Not exactly the greatest situation to go into.

:shrug:

-QG

Not a good sign for Trent. 2 coaches who know a thing or two about rbs, 2 games into their tenure, cut ties.

Studs don't get traded two games into their second season.
Unless he slept with someone's wife?This trade is so unusual I think something happened behind closed doors.

this is waiving the white flag 2 games in though

that's pretty unprecedented, even jax is pretending they have a chance

This reeks of something being wrong with Richardson
No, actually it reeks of something being really wrong with Weeden. Can't wait until the medical reports come out in a few days indicating he's gone for 8 games or more.

This is as blatant a case of throwing in the towel as I've seen in a long time.
Star plays aren't just given away. They saw a deal they couldn't pass up and it was for one draft pick. I'm thinking us fantasy guys had a much higher opinion of Trent then real life people.
Real life people drafted him third overall.

Posts like this really mislead people. Another regime did that. The current regime is going to go hell bent to make up for what they feel are major mistakes made by previous regime(s). This became really clear today.
Call it whatever regime you want but they have been consistently horrible for awhile. Typical Browns.

there is no way I can believe Gogobananas can carry the load on that pitiful team, and mcgahee must be worthless if he hasn't gotten a job yet --- WHO IS CARRYING THE BALL??

I'm not asking for a stud -- just a body!

is it rainey??

~ bush + sjax owner

How much more blatant can they they be? Next thing you know Josh Gordon is going to test positive again for marijuana.

jah77 said:
I see people downplaying Richardson...his YPC...but he was playing on an awful Cleveland team against D that were stacking the box against him ever week. This is a huge fail for the Cleveland org. It's got to be painful to be a Browns fan. My condolenses.
Yup. One of the cardinal rules I have learned after twenty years of fantasy football is that the Browns offense is like a giant lead weight tied around the neck of every skill player, reducing their effectiveness. Never depend on a Browns player in fantasy football (kicker excepted).

I would riot if I was a Cleveland fan.
I would rejoice. Richardson will be done by the time Cleveland is a winner. You don't build around a RB. You build around a QB. Now they have ammo if they don't have the #1 outright.
7 years from now? Trent is only 23. And with the offense they've been running its not like he's going to win them games and hurt their draft position on so few touches. They spent the 3 on him last year and only one year later trading him for a mid-to-late pick 2 drafts later, what a waste.

They are packing it in after week 2 and giving up on a season for some uncertain outcome hoping for a miracle savior in the draft that's more than 6 months from now. That may be fine for fantasy football but thats a big middle finger to the fanbase.
Have you looked at the level of talent on that team? They would just spin their wheels if they cannot get a franchsie QB, which they don't have. Teams without franchise QB only compete if they for SBs if they have an epic defense. NFL network is explaining the same way I am.

there is no way I can believe Gogobananas can carry the load on that pitiful team, and mcgahee must be worthless if he hasn't gotten a job yet --- WHO IS CARRYING THE BALL??

I'm not asking for a stud -- just a body!

is it rainey??

~ bush + sjax owner
What you talkin about, Willis?

Pathetic franchise :X
Yeah, I expected more of the Colts.
We get it. You're trolling. Give it a rest.
Call it what you like. It just shocking to me that anybody could think the Browns screwed up here.

Trent's a nice RB, but very few RB's are worth a 1st round pick.
so really they just cancelled a MAJOR screw up last year, at best
That's no small thing.

A lot of teams make bad 1st round picks (not calling Trent bad or even a bust, just not a smart early 1st round pick for a team with tons of holes).

But other teams never end up getting a 1st in return for their mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded Deandre Hopkins for Ahmad Bradshaw earlier today, and already had an offer on the table to give up Doug Martin/Bryce Brown/Zach Eifert to the McCoy owner for Richardson and Gronk. Not sure about keeping this deal on the table.

So are they waiving the white flag forever? They just traded a second year RB who they gave up a ton for. You don't make this kind of trade unless you are not satisfied with a players on field performance, chance to improve as a player, or attitude.

Worst trade in history?
No, not even close.

Raiders dealing away a 2012 1st rounder and a 2013 2nd rounder for Carson Palmer, while Palmer was relaxing on the couch collecting money from the Bengals was way worse.

Cowboys trading away Herschel Walker and some leftover trash for three 1sts, three seconds, a third and a sixth, which netted them Emmit Smith, Darren Woodson and allowed the build a decade long dynasty at the expense of the Vikings. Way worse.

Call it what you like. It just shocking to me that anybody could think the Browns screwed up here.

Pardon me for not being excellent...you're insane.

How does a team throw in the towel after two weeks? Does this mean the injury to Weeden is worse than it seemed?
It's not throwing in the towel. It's a brilliant trade for CLE and terrible one for IND. I knew Irsay had a big mouth, but I didn't realize he was this bad.
You are out of your mind. The Browns just gave up the 2014 season. You don't trade guys during week 2 for draft picks. You wait until the season is over and trade them. What do you sell your fan base on? What about the other 52 guys? What do you tell them? They don't care about the future of the franchise and 2014. A give up move that puts immense pressure on the young qb they draft, since they are clearly tanking the entire season to get one.

Waivers runs tonight, was hoping to get Fleener. I think I am going to have to bump up my bid a few dollars, just to be sure. Should be upgrades across the board for Indy offense.

Call it whatever regime you want but they have been consistently horrible for awhile. Typical Browns.
Oh I know trust me. And you can look at it however you want....just helping the uninformed.

@ChrisHansenNFL: Trent Richardson is in elite company...only three rookie RBs ever with 250+ carries and 3.6 ypc or less. (Ricky Williams, Errict Rhett)
Oh, and that other guy...LaDainian Tomlinson.
Tomlinson - 3.65 YPCRichardson - 3.56 YPC

Rhett - 3.56 YPC

Williams - 3.49 YPC

Ron Dayne - 3.38 YPC (on 228 carries)
You know I never actually ran the numbers on that and always went by PFR.

Worst trade in history?
No, not even close.

Raiders dealing away a 2012 1st rounder and a 2013 2nd rounder for Carson Palmer, while Palmer was relaxing on the couch collecting money from the Bengals was way worse.

Cowboys trading away Herschel Walker and some leftover trash for three 1sts, three seconds, a third and a sixth, which netted them Emmit Smith, Darren Woodson and allowed the build a decade long dynasty at the expense of the Vikings. Way worse.
The Palmer trade isn't THAT bad since the Raiders were desperate for a QB.

Walker is of course the worst in history, but this one is just shocking - more like an April Fool's joke.

Pardon me for not being excellent...you're insane.
I think he's actually right about he 1st round pick part. It's not clear to me the Browns screwed up here from a team structure perspective. From a fan facing perspective they're really going to have to work to spin this and not take a big attendance/viewership hit this season.

How does a team throw in the towel after two weeks? Does this mean the injury to Weeden is worse than it seemed?
It's not throwing in the towel. It's a brilliant trade for CLE and terrible one for IND. I knew Irsay had a big mouth, but I didn't realize he was this bad.
You are out of your mind. The Browns just have up the 2014 season. You don't trade guys during week 2 for draft picks. You wait until the season is over and trade them. What do you sell your fan base on? What about the other 52 guys? What do you tell them? They don't care about the future of the franchise and 2014.

A give up move that puts immense pressure on the young qb they draft, since they are clearly tanking the entire season to get one.
Disagree. After the season, Trent value to Indy goes down because he would be competeing with the entire RB rookie class.

FBG asleep at the wheel here? Looking for fantasy advice and silence....
A lot of them are posting advice on Twitter right now.
I subscribe to FBGs. I don't subscribe to twitter.
This just broke bro. It takes a certain level of production to get this stuff together. If you need to make a move, use your own abilities instead of waiting for someone to manage your teams for you. These sites are guides.

As bad as that Colts O-line looks, pump the brakes putting the Colts in the playoffs.

This is a team that did just sneak by Oak at home. And lost to Miami at home.

That O-line is awful, awful, awful.

------------------

And disagree 100% about dealing Richardson after the season. He puts up another 3.5 ypc season, with a year less on his deal, they're not getting but a mid round pick. And as someone said, he's competing with a new class of draft picks (who will have 2 more years under contract and at a likely cheaper rate).

Good time for Clev to pull the deal (if they were going to do it).

Users who are viewing this thread