What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (1 Viewer)

I really am popping popcorn and watching this Richardson train wreck continue to blow up. Mostly because of how smug Irsay was at the time of the trade. There is very few people in sports that I would like to punch in the ear and Jim irsay is one of them.

I am calling it now... Trent Richardson will be the comeback player of 2014. Donald Brown will leave in the off season and TRich will have a full preseason to learn the playbook. Seriously he has talent. It must be hard to get traded mid season.
Still calling it?

This guy is just not good right now. I can say without a doubt, I could get more than 1 yard on 3 carries. He will not be on anyone of my teams next year.

Mr. Retukes said:
I am calling it now... Trent Richardson will be the comeback player of 2014. Donald Brown will leave in the off season and TRich will have a full preseason to learn the playbook. Seriously he has talent. It must be hard to get traded mid season.
Still calling it?
Here's the problem with this: If Donald Brown leaves, Trent's draft price will skyrocket, making him a very risky draft choice after what we've seen this season. With Brown still in the picture, I MAY be willing to take a gamble on Richardson as a value pick.

The Colts current front office spent a 2014 1st on Richardson. Brown will not be the one to hold Richardson back. Meaning, he does not have to sign elsewhere for Richardson to emerge.

Mr. Retukes said:
Still calling it?
Here's the problem with this: If Donald Brown leaves, Trent's draft price will skyrocket, making him a very risky draft choice after what we've seen this season. With Brown still in the picture, I MAY be willing to take a gamble on Richardson as a value pick.

The Colts current front office spent a 2014 1st on Richardson. Brown will not be the one to hold Richardson back. Meaning, he does not have to sign elsewhere for Richardson to emerge.
Brown didn't hold him back this year. It was due to Richardson's epically bad play. If he had come in and even been decent Brown would have been on the bench like he'd been pretty much his entire career up until this year. And whether Brown stays ir leaves, it's still on Richardson himself as far as how big his role is going to be. If he is as terrible as he was this year, pretty much any RB on any NFL roster is capable of putting him on the bench -- Ballard, Bradshaw, random 5th round rookie, or even a random street free agent. Richardson was THAT bad in 2013.

I was very early on the anti-Richardson train. I traded him after he was traded to the Colts before he played in his first game for them...

...starting to think he's a buy low.

I was very early on the anti-Richardson train. I traded him after he was traded to the Colts before he played in his first game for them...

For me right now I would consider maybe a late 2nd as buy low. And that is a late 2nd rookie pick, not startup.

Anything above that are I don't see it as a buy low.

For me right now I would consider maybe a late 2nd as buy low. And that is a late 2nd rookie pick, not startup.

Anything above that are I don't see it as a buy low.
I'd do that in a heartbeat (as a buyer). I start hesitating once we're talking 12-15 range.

Late 2nd isn't a buy low, because he's worth less. It seems like it's a buy low because people still want to believe that he's capable of producing. I don't think I'd make a waiver claim for him, but that would depend on my roster and situation during the season.

He tried to juke out a player that was blocked yesterday and then proceeded to get tackled by that player. It was pretty pathetic.

If you're the colts, how do you not just cut this bum? They could almost certainly find a more productive backup for Brown with an undrafted free agent this off season.

What's really funny is if you go back and watch the sequence where the Colts had to settle for a FG to make it 21-15, when Richardson got a 2nd down carry from about the 2, when the play call comes in to Luck, he looks back at the sideline with a "WTF, you've gotta be kidding me!" look on his face. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I think he has huge value in leagues for scoring systems where bonuses are given for rushes of 1 yard or fewer, fumbles, & being tackled by the first defender in your path. If you are rewarded for any of those things, he is a hold.

Your best bet as an owner is Trent to have a big game (by his standards) week 1 next year, something along 17/62/1 and 3/16. Then trade him right away to someone who thinks it is a comeback season. Don't get greedy like DMC owners were at the beginning of this year, you see how that worked out for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's really funny is if you go back and watch the sequence where the Colts had to settle for a FG to make it 21-15, when Richardson got a 2nd down carry from about the 2, when the play call comes in to Luck, he looks back at the sideline with a "WTF, you've gotta be kidding me!" look on his face. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Ohhh I have to watch that again. Nice catch!

I think he has huge value in leagues for scoring systems where bonuses are given for rushes of 1 yard or fewer, fumbles, & being tackled by the first offensive lineman defender in your path. If you are rewarded for any of those things, he is a hold.

Your best bet as an owner is Trent to have a big game (by his standards) week 1 next year, something along 17/62/1 and 3/16. Then trade him right away to someone who thinks it is a comeback season. Don't get greedy like DMC owners were at the beginning of this year, you see how that worked out for them.
Fixed.

Link:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-g1Rwt5-gvJg/UtRdE11rNpI/AAAAAAAABEw/Ejx5uO5vCtY/s1600/luck.gif

Link:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-g1Rwt5-gvJg/UtRdE11rNpI/AAAAAAAABEw/Ejx5uO5vCtY/s1600/luck.gif
LOL. His head snapped to the side quick.

Link:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

jbz said:
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/social_assets/nfl/Week_2/Browns_Bengals/TrentRichardson_BeastMode.gif

This guy used to be able to do this. I'd like to think it's hidden in there. Somewhere.
Really watch that play. Richardson made one guy miss, the rest were just piss-poor attempts at tackling.

That being said, I think his confidence has really bottomed out. If he can have a good off-season, he could bounce back. If the Colts don't re-sign Brown, or don't give him a huge contract, Richardson could still be in a position to EARN more touches, if he shows improvement.

Link:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao:

Rotoworld:

Colts GM Ryan Grigson cited confidence as one of Trent Richardson's issues following his trade from the Browns.

"Showed some progress," Grigson said. "It's all about comfort level and confidence. We have patience. He's not going anywhere. We don't win 12 games if Trent Richardson isn't here. Trent fits all the things we're trying to do here. I know he's not satisfied. Glad he's not. But glad he's here. Happy with Trent." Richardson enters the offseason as the heavy favorite to start and carry the majority of the load for the Colts in 2014. Donald Brown is a free agent and likely won't be back. Richardson likely won't be drafted before the third or fourth round of fantasy drafts, but he could end up a steal if he figures things out.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Colts GM Ryan Grigson cited confidence as one of Trent Richardson's issues following his trade from the Browns.

"Showed some progress," Grigson said. "It's all about comfort level and confidence. We have patience. He's not going anywhere. We don't win 12 games if Trent Richardson isn't here. Trent fits all the things we're trying to do here. I know he's not satisfied. Glad he's not. But glad he's here. Happy with Trent." Richardson enters the offseason as the heavy favorite to start and carry the majority of the load for the Colts in 2014. Donald Brown is a free agent and likely won't be back. Richardson likely won't be drafted before the third or fourth round of fantasy drafts, but he could end up a steal if he figures things out.

"We don't win 12 games if Trent Richardson isn't here."

What the hell is this guy smoking? 2.9 ypc is how you win games? He was 9th on the team in ypc. Brown, Bradshaw and Ballard all averaged at least 1.6 ypc more. The only guys he was better than in ypc was a Safety, Fullback, Backup QB and a few WRs who combined for 14 carries. It is really hard surviving without the guy who was 210th in rushing ypc in 2013? Only 6.5 players on every team were better than him. That really isn't a lot. Heck, at least he wasn't Willis McGahee bad, the only guy with over 100 carries with a worse ypc.

So, in conclusion, the only RB TRich was better than this year was a 32 year old journeyman who wasn't even on a team to start the season.

Thank goodness he was there for the playoffs though. I mean, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, who both had 1 kneel down for -1 yards, have only 2 less rushing yards than the guy who carried the Colts to 12 wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

"We don't win 12 games if Trent Richardson isn't here."What the hell is this guy smoking? 2.9 ypc is how you win games? He was 9th on the team in ypc. Brown, Bradshaw and Ballard all averaged at least 1.6 ypc more. The only guys he was better than in ypc was a Safety, Fullback, Backup QB and a few WRs who combined for 14 carries. It is really hard surviving without the guy who was 210th in rushing ypc in 2013? Only 6.5 players on every team were better than him. That really isn't a lot. Heck, at least he wasn't Willis McGahee bad, the only guy with over 100 carries with a worse ypc.

So, in conclusion, the only RB TRich was better than this year was a 32 year old journeyman who wasn't even on a team to start the season.

Thank goodness he was there for the playoffs though. I mean, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, who both had 1 kneel down for -1 yards, have only 2 less rushing yards than the guy who carried the Colts to 12 wins.
Well, he wasn't about to say "Wow, Trent just sucks -- I sure am an imbecile for trading a 1st for the guy."

And LOL @ Rotoworld saying he'll be a steal in the 3rd or 4th since Brown is leaving. Doesn't matter who's there -- if Richardson doesn't find some burst and vision, he'll be marginalized by virtually any RB the Colts care to scrape up, be it Ballard, Bradshaw, a random late round rookie, or anyone else.

Rotoworld:

"We don't win 12 games if Trent Richardson isn't here."What the hell is this guy smoking? 2.9 ypc is how you win games? He was 9th on the team in ypc. Brown, Bradshaw and Ballard all averaged at least 1.6 ypc more. The only guys he was better than in ypc was a Safety, Fullback, Backup QB and a few WRs who combined for 14 carries. It is really hard surviving without the guy who was 210th in rushing ypc in 2013? Only 6.5 players on every team were better than him. That really isn't a lot. Heck, at least he wasn't Willis McGahee bad, the only guy with over 100 carries with a worse ypc.

Well, he wasn't about to say "Wow, Trent just sucks -- I sure am an imbecile for trading a 1st for the guy."

And LOL @ Rotoworld saying he'll be a steal in the 3rd or 4th since Brown is leaving. Doesn't matter who's there -- if Richardson doesn't find some burst and vision, he'll be marginalized by virtually any RB the Colts care to scrape up, be it Ballard, Bradshaw, a random late round rookie, or anyone else.
I know, but there is a difference between admitting that you made a mistake and saying that without the 2nd worst RB with over 100 carries in the entire NFL you don't win 12 games. That's like Jeff Bezos saying that Amazon.com wouldn't be where it is today without the new janitor they hired in 2013.

Rotoworld:

Well, he wasn't about to say "Wow, Trent just sucks -- I sure am an imbecile for trading a 1st for the guy.
:goodposting:

stbugs said:
Coeur de Lion said:
stbugs said:
Faust said:
Rotoworld:

That's like Jeff Bezos saying that Amazon.com wouldn't be where it is today without the new janitor they hired in 2013.
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread