What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (1 Viewer)

How does a team throw in the towel after two weeks? Does this mean the injury to Weeden is worse than it seemed?
It's not throwing in the towel. It's a brilliant trade for CLE and terrible one for IND. I knew Irsay had a big mouth, but I didn't realize he was this bad.
You are out of your mind. The Browns just have up the 2014 season. You don't trade guys during week 2 for draft picks. You wait until the season is over and trade them. What do you sell your fan base on? What about the other 52 guys? What do you tell them? They don't care about the future of the franchise and 2014.A give up move that puts immense pressure on the young qb they draft, since they are clearly tanking the entire season to get one.
Disagree. After the season, Trent value to Indy goes down because he would be competeing with the entire RB rookie class.
That potentially is true. But they are giving up an entire NFL season. Yeah it may work out in 3-4 years. But in the meantime you've just ticked off an entire fan base, killed the excitement in week 3, and confused an entire team.

All for a rookie that could very well stink.

Now some NFL execs think Browns will trade Josh Gordon. Clueless team
Doubt he'll fetch much with his suspension history but I could be wrong. They're better off moving P. Taylor if they want a 1st IMO. That would be even more foolish so it's probably a better possibility.

All for a rookie that could very well stink.
Naw. No way.

The Brownies' first rounders:

1999 Tim Couch

2000 Courtney Brown

2001 Gerard Warren

2002 William Green

2003 Jeff Faine

2004 Kellen Winslow II

2005 Braylon Edwards

2006 Kamerion Wimbley

2007 Joe Thomas

2007 Brady Quinn

2009 Alex Mack

2010 Joe Haden

2011 Phil Taylor

2012 Trent Richardson

2012 Brandon Weeden

2013 Barkevious Mingo

That's a big steaming pile of win right there.

How does a team throw in the towel after two weeks? Does this mean the injury to Weeden is worse than it seemed?
It's not throwing in the towel. It's a brilliant trade for CLE and terrible one for IND. I knew Irsay had a big mouth, but I didn't realize he was this bad.
You are out of your mind. The Browns just have up the 2014 season. You don't trade guys during week 2 for draft picks. You wait until the season is over and trade them. What do you sell your fan base on? What about the other 52 guys? What do you tell them? They don't care about the future of the franchise and 2014.

A give up move that puts immense pressure on the young qb they draft, since they are clearly tanking the entire season to get one.
If they could've gotten a 1st in the off-season, that would've been great, but it's so incredibly rare that a team will give up a 1st for a RB, that if you get the offer, you take it.

I really don't see it having a big negative impact on the players. This trade doesn't dramatically change the course or outcome of the 2013 season for the Browns.

I can't imagine the Browns players think this tanks the season. Some are sure to even be excited about getting some more touches.
It's incredibly rare that a RB like TRich is even available.
:fishy:

You know nothing about football, do you, guppy?
When was the last time a 2nd year RB taken top 5 was available for trade for a late 1st?

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now the Saints GM better be making 20 calls just to be sure someone won't give up their star RB.

"Hey Minny GM...how's it going? Say, would you trade Peterson for a first round pick? No? Really? Ok, just checking."

"How about for 2 first round picks??? Now are you listening???"

Fixed.

FBG asleep at the wheel here? Looking for fantasy advice and silence....
A lot of them are posting advice on Twitter right now.
I subscribe to FBGs. I don't subscribe to twitter.
This just broke bro. It takes a certain level of production to get this stuff together. If you need to make a move, use your own abilities instead of waiting for someone to manage your teams for you. These sites are guides.
Really bro? How long does it take to send out an e-mail? Longer than twitter?
You can't be serious. There is a chain of command that needs to be addressed. They need to put together the advice which often requires collaborating, produce the info and then put it out into an email, followed by site content. Twitter takes about 30 seconds.
Complete BS.

10 second email:

"To all FBG subscribers: Trent Richardson has been traded to the Colts. More details to come. ____ and _____ seem likely to benefit. A full analysis will be sent soon"

Not that difficult. Especially when they're lighting up twitter instead.

they sent out an email
About 30min after the news broke and these guys were added in all leagues.

Thanks for caring more about twitter followers than subscribers, FBG :rolleyes:
Did those guys wait for Daddy to tell them what to do?

I am pretty much stupefied.

Sure glad I spent all this time looking at Richardson in a Norv Turner offense. :brush:

I did not see this coming...

I think overall it is an upgrade for Richardson. I still think the Colts offensive line is not that great but Starks did pretty well with Green Bays Oline last week. Having a good QB sure helps a lot.

Not really a fan of their new OC but it has only been 2 games. Too early to judge there.

Makes me wonder if there is an injury issue at all with Richardson.

People posting stats about how bad Richardson was in terms of YPC and lack of big plays (runs over 20yds?) are also not talking about how he had broken ribs for a good part of those 200 or more carries. He gutted that out. Tough RB no matter what else you think of him.

That Richardson was continually pulled on 3rd downs despite me not seeing him fail in what pass protection assignments he did have really makes me wonder. Bradshaw may still get those snaps for awhile.

I should likely be happy. Just still stunned.

damn, I thought the first player in my alma mater's history to make it to the NFL, RB Miguel Maysonet, would get a chance after the Colts signed him to their practice squad on Monday. :blush:

RBs are commodities in today's NFL. A team with so many holes, like Cleveland, doesn't really gain anything by having a stud or perceived stud at RB. They need help at so many positions. Richardson was a luxury they didn't need.

seems like the t-rich haters are jelly they dont have him. cause there is no way you can tell me its a downgrade for him to go to a better team better offense, easier schedule etc
Don't think anybody is saying its a downgrade, but have you ever even for a second imagined the frightening thought that......he's not that good?
Not if you watched him run in college. Man among boys. Colts make some smart moves.
Mark Ingram looked like like that in college too. Ya know who looked better than both of them? Cedric Benson

I would riot if I was a Cleveland fan.
I would rejoice. Richardson will be done by the time Cleveland is a winner. You don't build around a RB. You build around a QB. Now they have ammo if they don't have the #1 outright.
7 years from now? Trent is only 23. And with the offense they've been running its not like he's going to win them games and hurt their draft position on so few touches. They spent the 3 on him last year and only one year later trading him for a mid-to-late pick 2 drafts later, what a waste.They are packing it in after week 2 and giving up on a season for some uncertain outcome hoping for a miracle savior in the draft that's more than 6 months from now. That may be fine for fantasy football but thats a big middle finger to the fanbase.
Have you looked at the level of talent on that team? They would just spin their wheels if they cannot get a franchsie QB, which they don't have. Teams without franchise QB only compete if they for SBs if they have an epic defense. NFL network is explaining the same way I am.
If there as bad as you say they don't need an extra pick to get a franchise QB in the draft, they will be picking early anyway.

I don't question the idea of trying to get a franchise QB, I question the idea of giving up on what looked to be a young, elite player after 18 games for the promise of what? maybe a better shot at their choice of potential new QB? a mid-late 1st that will have probably a 50% chance of outright busting? It may work out for them or it might not, there are so many variables but given the Browns history this just looks like another footnote in a long sad history that will keep repeating itself.

this is waiving the white flag 2 games in though

that's pretty unprecedented, even jax is pretending they have a chance
So are they waiving the white flag forever? They just traded a second year RB who they gave up a ton for. You don't make this kind of trade unless you are not satisfied with a players on field performance, chance to improve as a player, or attitude.
forever?

where did i say forever

waiving the white flag on this season

Don't think either Richardson or McGahee will be startable in week 3. RB is the easiest position to learn a new offense in, but it ain't that easy.

Bobby Rainey is the answer to nothing.

seems like the t-rich haters are jelly they dont have him. cause there is no way you can tell me its a downgrade for him to go to a better team better offense, easier schedule etc
Don't think anybody is saying its a downgrade, but have you ever even for a second imagined the frightening thought that......he's not that good?
Not if you watched him run in college. Man among boys. Colts make some smart moves.
Mark Ingram looked like like that in college too. Ya know who looked better than both of them? Cedric Benson
I thought they looked nothing alike. T Rich bigger, stronger, faster. I live in Big 12 country and Benson was good vs the Tech Tech defenses. OU, Nebraska would shut his ### down. I never believed the hype on that bum.

Can Cj spiller or David wilson Be next?????
I heard the Colts first call was to the Giants, they offered a second rounder for Wilson. When the Gm for the Giants scoffed at the offer, Irsay said "well if you aren't going to use him at least get something for him"

Fleener owners = :excited:

Safeties now have to worry about an actual NFL running back. Not to mention Allen being out for the year.

:hifive:

The Colts bent over the Browns on trade value.

They did it so they can draft a QB next year, having a stud RB with a garbage QB is not going to help the Browns win. BAD value by the Browns, but the logic is sound.

one more thing to add.. and normally it goes more so with quarterbacks but remember t-rich was not drafted by the current coaching staff, so they had no ties to him, so if they didnt see him in their future plans and thought this was there best move then for them to pounce makes sense.

The current Colts regime hasn't thrown the ball much to the RBs. This may change with TRich, but something to keep in mind when it comes to total workload.

Team ROFLCOPTERS said:
This just broke bro. It takes a certain level of production to get this stuff together. If you need to make a move, use your own abilities instead of waiting for someone to manage your teams for you. These sites are guides.
Really bro? How long does it take to send out an e-mail? Longer than twitter?
You can't be serious. There is a chain of command that needs to be addressed. They need to put together the advice which often requires collaborating, produce the info and then put it out into an email, followed by site content. Twitter takes about 30 seconds.
Complete BS.

10 second email:

"To all FBG subscribers: Trent Richardson has been traded to the Colts. More details to come. ____ and _____ seem likely to benefit. A full analysis will be sent soon"

Not that difficult. Especially when they're lighting up twitter instead.
You're a legit moron. Each and every one of us knew "X and X seem likely to benefit". I got my guy. You were waiting for someone to manage your team for you.
Hell I would of been fine with "Richardson has been traded." I can figure it out from there.

The Colts bent over the Browns on trade value.

They did it so they can draft a QB next year, having a stud RB with a garbage QB is not going to help the Browns win. BAD value by the Browns, but the logic is sound.
So you think they should have gotten more than a 1st-round pick?

Soooo happy I picked up Minnesota DEF this morning before the news broke. A good matchup for Minnesota just turned into a great matchup.

Not a good sign for Trent. 2 coaches who know a thing or two about rbs, 2 games into their tenure, cut ties.

Studs don't get traded two games into their second season.
I agree. You see Trent's low YPC and lack of 20+ yard runs and you wonder how much of that is attributable to him vs. being attributable to the rest of the Brown' offense. We'll soon find out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread