What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (2 Viewers)

It is infuriating to me that I cannot get the guy with Bradshaw to trade with me. Just want to protect my bad investment in T-Rich
Why would you want a guy who's paper mache feet will fall apart after a few runs?
If TR truly sucks, Bradshaw is first in line. Bradshaw may even win the job within a couple weeks...he doesn't need to be healthy, he just needs to play. He hardly missed any games with NYG even with constant foot issues.

Mikel Leshoure visiting the Colts now...
And there you go...the only RB on the planet more breakable than Bradshaw. Who's next? Ryan Williams? While there at it, they should just bring Danario Alexander at WR too.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is infuriating to me that I cannot get the guy with Bradshaw to trade with me. Just want to protect my bad investment in T-Rich
Why would you want a guy who's paper mache feet will fall apart after a few runs?
If TR truly sucks, Bradshaw is first in line. Bradshaw may even win the job within a couple weeks...he doesn't need to be healthy, he just needs to play. He hardly missed any games with NYG even with constant foot issues.
:hifive:

Last time I checked. In order to play well you kinda need to be healthy.

He was ALWAYS on the injury report. Yet, he almost always played. The guy is tough..he can have health issues...short of a broken neck, he tends to play through them.

He was ALWAYS on the injury report. Yet, he almost always played. The guy is tough..he can have health issues...short of a broken neck, he tends to play through them.
You seem to be ignoring the fact that he missed most of last year with a NECK injury, and has been held out of a lot this preseason to protect the same issue. We have no idea how healthy his neck is, or how healthy it will remain, when he takes a big hit from an opposing player.

Eddie Lacy now has a worse YPC than TRich did last season. In dynasty, you'd better trade him for a future 2nd while you still can...

mr roboto said:
Jrodicus said:
Eddie Lacy now has a worse YPC than TRich did last season. In dynasty, you'd better trade him for a future 2nd while you still can...
Yes. Because 1 game against the #1 defense is exactly the same as a full year of terribleness.
TRich had a better YPC against that same defense last year.

Starks averaged 5.3 YPC last night. Obviously, Starks > Lacy.

JFS171 said:
You seem to be ignoring the fact that he missed most of last year with a NECK injury, and has been held out of a lot this preseason to protect the same issue. We have no idea how healthy his neck is, or how healthy it will remain, when he takes a big hit from an opposing player.
I would disagree...notice the 'short of a broken neck' comment.

mr roboto said:
Jrodicus said:
Yes. Because 1 game against the #1 defense is exactly the same as a full year of terribleness.

I didn't knock Richardson for his game against the Seahawks last year and I'm not going to judge any RB on how they play against the Seahawks.

If Richardson has another sub-4.0 YPC game against the Broncos you're not going to be at all worried?

mr roboto said:
Jrodicus said:

Oh, that goes without saying...

mr roboto said:
Jrodicus said:
TRich had a better YPC against that same defense last year.Starks averaged 5.3 YPC last night. Obviously, Starks > Lacy.
I didn't knock Richardson for his game against the Seahawks last year and I'm not going to judge any RB on how they play against the Seahawks.

If Richardson has another sub-4.0 YPC game against the Broncos you're not going to be at all worried?
You didn't, but if you look over the last couple pages, you'll see that others did.Last year, Denver's run defense was just as good as Seattle's (each allowed 3.9 YPC).

I'm not as worried about YPC as I am on 1) how he runs (attacking the hole, etc.), 2) how the line looks, and 3) how he is used.

If he ends up breaking a 40 yard run, but only gains 20 yards on another 9 carries because of bad line play or play calling...I'll be glad that he showed big play ability, but won't be happy even though he averaged 6 YPC.

I would say, no.

Prediction: Next line should read: Does Trent Richardson ever break 3 ypc? Har har har!

Kool-Aid Larry said:
DoubleG said:
You forgot to mention "and a concussion"
And the crazy misfortune to get vultured by kuhn
Kool-Aid Larry said:
DoubleG said:
You forgot to mention "and a concussion"
And the crazy misfortune to get vultured by kuhn
that's real football. it happens, it is part of playing fantasy. the same way robert meachem will catch 1-2 long tds this year for the saints and no one will have them in a starting lineup (outside of maybe a best lineup league).

mr roboto said:
TRich had a better YPC against that same defense last year.Starks averaged 5.3 YPC last night. Obviously, Starks > Lacy.

You didn't, but if you look over the last couple pages, you'll see that others did.Last year, Denver's run defense was just as good as Seattle's (each allowed 3.9 YPC).

I'm not as worried about YPC as I am on 1) how he runs (attacking the hole, etc.), 2) how the line looks, and 3) how he is used.

If he ends up breaking a 40 yard run, but only gains 20 yards on another 9 carries because of bad line play or play calling...I'll be glad that he showed big play ability, but won't be happy even though he averaged 6 YPC.
40 yard run? Trich has trouble getting 4 yards on a run

Unless I missed one, Richardson has had three carries over 20 yards - 32, 26 and 22 - in his career. If he can break a 40 yard run tomorrow I'll be on board.

I benched him for tonight but I want to see decisiveness when it comes to hitting the hole. I also am curious to see if he gets goal-line touches and if he is effective with them. Low YPC and giving up the TDs to Bradshaw would be a killer to his value.

I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve.
Game is on national TV too. Should decrease the amount of "I looked at the box score and saw that his YPC was low, therefore he played poorly" stuff that polluted this thread in the preseason. Whether you love him or hate him, I advocate paying close attention to the blocking/playcalling to see if it really gives him any kind of a chance to succeed. Reading these boards and various college football analysis across the web, I'm noticing how often this RB had a monster YPC running through huge lanes untouched becomes "he played well" while this RB got mobbed in the backfield behind a porous OL and had nothing to work with at all becomes "he played poorly." I'll be looking for decisiveness and burst from Richardson, but also watching to see if this shoddy OL succeeds in clearing any space for him. I can't say I'm optimistic, but it should be telling for his 2014 outlook either way.

I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve.
Game is on national TV too. Should decrease the amount of "I looked at the box score and saw that his YPC was low, therefore he played poorly" stuff that polluted this thread in the preseason. Whether you love him or hate him, I advocate paying close attention to the blocking/playcalling to see if it really gives him any kind of a chance to succeed. Reading these boards and various college football analysis across the web, I'm noticing how often this RB had a monster YPC running through huge lanes untouched becomes "he played well" while this RB got mobbed in the backfield behind a porous OL and had nothing to work with at all becomes "he played poorly." I'll be looking for decisiveness and burst from Richardson, but also watching to see if this shoddy OL succeeds in clearing any space for him. I can't say I'm optimistic, but it should be telling for his 2014 outlook either way.
If only there were other RBs on the same teams who could give us a relevant comp...

The run for a loss, nothin he could do. The first run and the catch was nice. He picked up a block on the failed third down conversion.

I want to see explosiveness and decisiveness on his part and commitment from the Colts to feed him.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
The run for a loss, nothin he could do. The first run and the catch was nice. He picked up a block on the failed third down conversion.

I want to see explosiveness and decisiveness on his part and commitment from the Colts to feed him.
My sentiments exactly. The center let the linebacker in untouched. Well, Trent probably should have floated over him or ran through him (literally, like the way a ghost would).

My sentiments exactly. The center let the linebacker in untouched. Well, Trent probably should have floated over him or ran through him (literally, like the way a ghost would).
A lot of the negative runs are from no holes or missed blocks. However, there are cases where he is slow to hit the hole or does a pre-mature cutback which results in no or very little gain.

It's possible he is used to larger holes in college and doesn't have faith in the smaller holes seen in the pros. He needs to be able to quickly and accurately analyze the situation and if running between the tackles, just hit the hole with maximum speed and strength and move the chains. Bradshaw isn't exactly a finesse runner and he has succeeded with hard running between the tackles.

Users who are viewing this thread