What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (2 Viewers)

EBF said:
Raider Nation said:
I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve.
Game is on national TV too. Should decrease the amount of "I looked at the box score and saw that his YPC was low, therefore he played poorly" stuff that polluted this thread in the preseason. Whether you love him or hate him, I advocate paying close attention to the blocking/playcalling to see if it really gives him any kind of a chance to succeed. Reading these boards and various college football analysis across the web, I'm noticing how often this RB had a monster YPC running through huge lanes untouched becomes "he played well" while this RB got mobbed in the backfield behind a porous OL and had nothing to work with at all becomes "he played poorly." I'll be looking for decisiveness and burst from Richardson, but also watching to see if this shoddy OL succeeds in clearing any space for him. I can't say I'm optimistic, but it should be telling for his 2014 outlook either way.
:lmao:

EBF said:
Raider Nation said:
I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve.
Game is on national TV too. Should decrease the amount of "I looked at the box score and saw that his YPC was low, therefore he played poorly" stuff that polluted this thread in the preseason. Whether you love him or hate him, I advocate paying close attention to the blocking/playcalling to see if it really gives him any kind of a chance to succeed. Reading these boards and various college football analysis across the web, I'm noticing how often this RB had a monster YPC running through huge lanes untouched becomes "he played well" while this RB got mobbed in the backfield behind a porous OL and had nothing to work with at all becomes "he played poorly." I'll be looking for decisiveness and burst from Richardson, but also watching to see if this shoddy OL succeeds in clearing any space for him. I can't say I'm optimistic, but it should be telling for his 2014 outlook either way.
If you think being on natl tv is going to help richardson's case i can say with 100% guaranteed certainty that you just don't know wtf you're looking at

TR 4 carries 14 yards. Has been decent at blocking...believe he had a 10 yard reception as well. Thought things were going to go well.

TR 4 carries 14 yards. Has been decent at blocking...believe he had a 10 yard reception as well. Thought things were going to go well.
He'll have his chance to have losses be his fault in the future. This one is more about the whole team being outclassed. :shrug:

He hasn't been benched guys. Here is the scoop.

@AdamSchefter - Running back Trent Richardson has been cut mid-game. Kool-Aid Larry made the call.

TR hasn't done anything wrong today...not sure why he's been removed from the gameplan.
This guy joined the forum shortly after georg did. Hmmm.
I tried to create a second profile (Soulfly's Revenge) but they wouldn't let me post under it. I am just the guy that would pull something like that too! LOL!

looks like he has been benched for Bradshaw already
Team was already down 4 scores and Bradshaw is the better receiver. Trent has four carries, Bradshaw two.

Doesn't look like we're going to learn much tonight. Maybe next week.
I don't mean this to sound sarcastic, but what is it you were hoping to learn tonight?
Can TR improve to a respectable YPC and keep his job is what I'm looking to learn.

looks like he has been benched for Bradshaw already
Team was already down 4 scores and Bradshaw is the better receiver. Trent has four carries, Bradshaw two.

Doesn't look like we're going to learn much tonight. Maybe next week.
I don't mean this to sound sarcastic, but what is it you were hoping to learn tonight?
Me personally? Nothing specific. I have it in my own mind that he's an average NFL RB and would likely produce average results with anything close to average blocking. So I'm looking to see what he does when he gets "average blocking" (something he hasn't had much of in Indy). A lot of other people have buried him while still others are still holding out hope he might come around and be a stud.

I think the Colts playcalling is just stupid. As a Broncos fan, this is SWEET! As a TRich owner, this is ridiculous. I mean, the guy is MONEY for 2 yards right?! Yet, Luck runs it in. Or not! LOL.

I think I know how TRich can be more successful in this offense. Turn himself into a dwarf mouse so he can fit through the holes blocked by the Colt's O-line! Bradshaw seems to have the art of running under the legs of his linemen wonderfully!

‏@EricStangel

Why sneak? The Colts needed 2 yds & they have Trent Richardson who gets 2 yds/carry! It's what he does!

Just say "F it" and skip the charade of having a running game. With Luck and a capable group of WRs, I'd go full blown Mouse Davis run 'n shoot PLUS a hurry-up and take my chances.
Is it obvious enough yet?

Sigmund Bloom ‏@SigmundBloom#colts need to accept the state of their defense and their offensive line, and just let Luck pilot a no huddle/fast break offense full-time

to be serious for a minute, this richardson charade will wind down sooner or later, and I think you'll see a much more productive offense once bradshaw gets in there for the bulk of the touches.

right now they're just flushing games.

Users who are viewing this thread