What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP targets for week 4 (1 Viewer)

northendninja

Footballguy
Take a stab at some week 4 recommendations:

LB

1-Justin Houston - KC - No brainer here, unstoppable force going against the swiss cheese Gman line that gave up 6 sacks last week. He should have zero issues dealing with Justin Pugh.

2-Joplo Bartu - ATL - Didnt do anything spectacular week 3, but played all the defensive snaps (only LB on the team to do so). He's a great cover LB and shut down Jared Cook week 2, he should have quite alot more tackle opportunities with Gronk slated to return, and Edelman working the slot. 6-7 tackles with a PD seems very achievable.

3-Kevin Burnett - OAK - should see alot of tackle opportunities vs Alfred Morris in what should be a close game. Played nearly all the snaps vs denver, and graded out as their best LB/S/CB vs the run two of the three weeks. Should see a stat line more similar to his week 3 performance, than his week 1 and 2 numbers (run shy teams-indy, jacksonville)

DB

1-Reshad Jones - MIA - available in some leagues still. Great matchup vs the pass heavy Saints

2-Nate Allen - Philly - Philly will be able to score against a shorthanded Denver D (no Bailey, Miller and possibly Ihenacho). Manning will be passing, and running no huddle all day - tons of volume. Chip Kelly will likely also be trying to match the fast paced tempo. Should result in tons of tackle opportunities for the Eagles and Broncos safeties.

3-Joe Haden - CLE - Pure one week play. Will be on AJ Green all day in the battle of Ohio. He put up 6.5 tackles, 1 Int, and 3 PD last year when he faced off vs the Red Rocket and AJ. Minimum 4-5 tackles, with 2 PD seems inevitable.

Last edited by a moderator:

LB

1-Justin Houston - KC - No brainer here, unstoppable force going against the swiss cheese Gman line that gave up 6 sacks last week. He should have zero issues dealing with Justin Pugh.

2-Joplo Bartu - ATL - Didnt do anything spectacular week 3, but played all the defensive snaps (only LB on the team to do so). He's a great cover LB and shut down Jared Cook week 2, he should have quite alot more tackle opportunities with Gronk slated to return, and Edelman working the slot. 6-7 tackles with a PD seems very achievable.

3-Kevin Burnett - OAK - should see alot of tackle opportunities vs Alfred Morris in what should be a close game. Played nearly all the snaps vs denver, and graded out as their best LB/S/CB vs the run two of the three weeks. Should see a stat line more similar to his week 3 performance, than his week 1 and 2 numbers (run shy teams-indy, jacksonville)

DB

1-Reshad Jones - MIA - available in some leagues still. Great matchup vs the pass heavy Saints

2-Nate Allen - Philly - Philly will be able to score against a shorthanded Denver D (no Bailey, Miller and possibly Ihenacho). Manning will be passing, and running no huddle all day - tons of volume. Chip Kelly will likely also be trying to match the fast paced tempo. Should result in tons of tackle opportunities for the Eagles and Broncos safeties.

3-Joe Haden - CLE - Pure one week play. Will be on AJ Green all day in the battle of Ohio. He put up 6.5 tackles, 1 Int, and 3 PD last year when he faced off vs the Red Rocket and AJ. Minimum 4-5 tackles, with 2 PD seems inevitable.
where do you find the grades you mention in regards to Burnett?

LB

DB

problem with Burnett is the stat crew in Oak

LB

DB

ProFootballFocus.com

Great for snap counts and grades.

Deandre Levy and Erin Henderson are respectively playing every down. They are putting up solid tackle #'s in addition to the big plays.

IDP target for week four?

This is the dawning of the age of BARKEVIOUS.

The age of BARKEVIOUS.

BARKEVIOUS.

:tebow: B-A-R-K-E-V-I-O-U-S.

Cleveland rookie OLB/DE Barkevious Mingo

Starter, OLB/DE Jabaal Sheard left the Viking game and never returned. He left the locker room on crutches. OLB/DE Quentin Groves missed the Viking game due to an injury he suffered on special teams in week two against the Ravens.

Mingo was being eased back into action after a month's absence from a bruised lung.

In his first action, in week two against Baltimore he got a sack on his very first NFL play.

On Sunday against the Vikings he was pressed into action and collected his second sack, remarkable second effort play, in his second game.

It appears he will get his very first start this Sunday against the Bengals and without any healthy backup it looks like he'll get plenty of snaps.

Grab him if he's available and start him with confidence for this week.

Deandre Levy and Erin Henderson are respectively playing every down. They are putting up solid tackle #'s in addition to the big plays.
Most certainly.. Erin Henderson is likely gone in most leagues, and Levy seems to be a "hot add" for alot of other IDP articles this week. I was trying to go more "off the board" with the selections.

IDP target for week four?

This is the dawning of the age of BARKEVIOUS.

The age of BARKEVIOUS.

BARKEVIOUS.

:tebow: B-A-R-K-E-V-I-O-U-S.
possibly best post on the board -- I might pick him up just so I can sing that this weekend

which side is mingo on -- rushing against whitworth will be tough, won't it?

Mingo is lining up all over the place, but not sure ifthat will change if sheard is out since we are already missing groves.

Would you drop DQ Jackson for Justin Houston? How about Zach Brown?

should I add Timmons and drop poe? I already have solid lbs with lavonte david, Ellerbe, Houston, and erin Henderson. my d line is wake (out 3 weeks), chandler jones, and poe. I can start up to 4 lb in my league.

Azhais said:
How did Bartu grade out?
Apparently you can't post images here, so here's a link to my PFF screencap.

http://i.imgur.com/DuogTvn.png
I'm not sure how to read those grades. is there some kind of scale?
Code:
3) How Do We Grade?Each grade given is between +2 and -2, with 0.5 increments and an average of 0.A positive intervention in the game rates a positive grading and vice-versa.Very (very) few performances draw a +/-2 rating. In fact, the distribution ofnon-zero grades is like this:+2.0  0.01 percent+1.5  0.3  percent+1.0  16   percent+0.5  37   percent (unbalanced because of the way WRs and HBs are rated)-0.5  24   percent-1.0  22   percent-1.5  0.5  percent-2.0  0.01 percentThe grading takes into account many things and effectively brings“intelligence” to raw statistics.For example, a raw stat might tell you a tackle conceded a sack. However, howlong did he protect the QB for before he gave it up? Additionally, when did hegive it up? If it was within the last two minutes on a potentially game-tyingdrive, it may be rather more important than when his team is running out theclock in a 30-point blowout.The average grade, or what we would typically expect of the average player, istherefore defined as zero. In reality, the vast majority of grades on eachindividual play are zero and what we are grading are the exceptions to this.A seal block on the backside of a play, for example, is something that it isreasonable to expect to be completed successfully. Consequently, it receives azero grade, whereas the differentiation between a good and poor block is aheavy downgrade for a failed seal block to the backside of a running play.

LB

DB

When did Joplo supplant Dent? If not then I would give the edge to Dent with Joplo trailing closely

In my IDP net of information I absorb, I don't think I have heard one mention of OAK DE Jason Hunter (LE) outside of maybe Monk mentioning him around week 1. Am I missing something here? I went ahead and snagged him last week. Season to date he's 13TT, 2sack, 1FR, & 1PD. Good for DE5 overall in my league.

I also grabbed Ziggy Ansah (surprised he was available) since it looks like he may be coming around and the injury that occured to DE Jason Jones he should be seeing more field time, yes? Think I'll watch him on the bench this week and see. I know Bob Magaw was feeling him after his week 3 game (http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=691752), anyone else?

tl;dr - DE Jason Hunter, anyone? Gut feeling on DE Ziggy Ansah.

I would love ansah, but I'm kind of bigoted against freshman rushers for whatever reason

just went and checked it out at profootballreference, and it looks like there have been no freshmen with 10+ sacks in the last 10 years, outside of mark anderson, although freeney and peppers did pretty well in '02.

reggie white had 100 tackles and 13 sacks his first year......wut??

although, maybe that doesn't really count as a freshman season.

Barkevious Mingo and Joplo Bartu.... best names in IDP?

should I add Timmons and drop poe? I already have solid lbs with lavonte david, Ellerbe, Houston, and erin Henderson. my d line is wake (out 3 weeks), chandler jones, and poe. I can start up to 4 lb in my league.
whats the point format? but if youre getting tackle points, absolutely go for Timmons over Poe

Would you drop DQ Jackson for Justin Houston? How about Zach Brown?
I'd drop either for Houston if there was no way to hold them. No doubt.
Definitely keep riding DQ longer.... Zach Brown missed snaps this past week due to an illness apparently. Id stash him on the bench another week just to see what they do with him week 4... Moise Fokou was awful week 3, so we may even perhaps see a return of Colin McCarthy to IDP relevance sooner than later

Grabbing Desmond Bryant. A sack in 7 consecutive games going back to last year. He was #3 in pressures behind Watt and Cameron after week 2, not sure about this week.

How about DTs. Hatcher and Kelly, will these guys continue to post all the tackles or did they just have great matchups?

I'm keeping an eye on SF LB Dan Skuta, who will be starting in place of Aldon Smith, and CB Daryl Morris, who may start is place of Nnamdi Asomugha. I'm starting them in a 30 team league that starts 11 defenders per team, but wouldn't touch them outside of super deep formats like that, at least for now.

althepostman said:
Grabbing Desmond Bryant. A sack in 7 consecutive games going back to last year. He was #3 in pressures behind Watt and Cameron after week 2, not sure about this week.
:goodposting: Bryant is a suprise and could be flying under the radar in some leagues.

I picked up James Ihedigbo. Elam was suppose to take the SS starting spot from him at some point, but it looks like the Ravens are leaving Ihedigbo at SS and putting Elam at FS in place of Huff.

Ihedigbo also played 100% of the defensive snaps week 3

I picked him up as depth while waiting on some kind of word about Branch.

Guys I picked up this week

Manny Lawson - kind of point chasing after last week but hes been in about 70% of the snaps

Levy - surprisingly found him on one of my WWs, didn't need him but picked him up as a 5th

Woodson - the only S I trust in Oak right now

Porter - been getting a lot of tackle opps and PDs

Lester ® - Car rookie DB, held up pretty good last week

I also noticed D Wolf was dropped in a couple of leagues, keep an eye on him. If Miller is allowed back with the team it could open up the pass rush.

Guys I picked up this week

Manny Lawson - kind of point chasing after last week but hes been in about 70% of the snaps

Levy - surprisingly found him on one of my WWs, didn't need him but picked him up as a 5th

Woodson - the only S I trust in Oak right now

Porter - been getting a lot of tackle opps and PDs

Lester ® - Car rookie DB, held up pretty good last week

I also noticed D Wolf was dropped in a couple of leagues, keep an eye on him. If Miller is allowed back with the team it could open up the pass rush.
WIth Branch out, theyve surprisingly have moved Woodson to SS... great for his tackle numbers!

Users who are viewing this thread