What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dogs are freaking AWESOME. (2 Viewers)

matttyl

Footballguy
http://www.fauquiernow.com/index.php/fauquier_news/article/fauquier-deputy-bloodhound-find-lost-boy-near-woodstock-2013

Fauquier deputy and dog find lost boy in Woodstock

A Fauquier sheriff’s deputy and his trusty bloodhound came to the rescue of a lost 2-year-old boy early Wednesday morning.

Master Deputy Chris Snyder and “Judge” found Jakob Heintzelman at 4 a.m., about a half-mile from his Shenandoah County home, east of Woodstock.

Jakob wandered away from the family home, near the North Fork of the Shenandoah River, just before sunset. His family reported his disappearance to the Shenandoah County Sheriff’s Office at 6:42 p.m. Tuesday.

About 250 people took part in the search, according to the Northern Virginia Daily.

It takes about an hour to drive from Warrenton to Woodstock, where Master Deputy Snyder and “Judge” joined the effort.

They found Jakob, unharmed, with a yellow Labrador retriever that apparently stayed with the boy all night.

“I do not have all of the organizations that helped in this effort, but we are extremely grateful for the individual volunteers and governmental organizations and volunteer organizations who supported and assisted with the search,” Shenandoah County Sheriff Timothy Carter told the newspaper.

The Fauquier duo found Jakob about a half-mile south of his home at 2104 South Hollingsworth Road outside of Woodstock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dog saves Hueco Tanks girl from rattlesnake biteHueco Tanks, TX (KTSM) — A Hueco Tanks family is hailing their dog a hero. After the ten pound Chihuahua-poodle mix gets between a little girl and a venomous rattlesnake.

A ten pound mutt called 'Psycho' is a lover but most of all, he's a protector. "Me and my little sister [sic] were making mud pies and i hear a hiss and a rattle and i look down and there's a snake,” Maya Delarosa a young girl in her pre-teens told us. Maya Delarosa and her sister were playing by a cooler in Hueco Tanks and only inches away from a venomous rattle snake.

The family told us the snake was coiled and up and ready to strike. Ready but the snake's bite did not land on Delarosa or her sister. Instead, the brazen family dog came between her and an uncertain fate. "Psycho, he got in front of me and the snake bit him,” Delarosa told us.

"I love my little dog… I mean he saved her life,” Martha Rodriguez said. Martha Rodriguez is Maya's grandmother and Psycho's owner. "Oh God! He's my hero!,” Rodriguez exclaimed through laughter and tears.The rattlesnake bit Psycho's eyelid and even though it looks painful Rodriguez believes her 'little guy' would do the same thing over again. "He don't (sic) learn, I mean if the snake did it again he'd just jump back again,” Rodriguez told us.

Dr. Vicki Dashley treated Psycho and agrees the dog is a hero, and he's also lucky. "He's just got a lot of swelling around that eye. We won't know for sure until the swelling has gone down but we think the eye is going to be saveable (sic),” Dr. Dashley explained.

Psycho may be a crazy dog who wears his name well but he may also have to have a second name - Hero.

The dog did get an anti-venom shot but is doing well and resting. Psycho will be back in the veterinarian’s office in a week for a check-up.

The more people I meet, the more I like love my dawg.
Fixed for my personal view. I've got two, and I just know either of them would give their life for either me or my wife. That kind of truly unconditional love is rare on the human side of things (other than direct family).

Of course dogs blow humans away. Especially morons that can lose track of their 2yr old.

I hug & kiss my pup about 10 times a day. Sometimes we howl together, I start and she mimics me, and she's learning various phrases. I think she's probably the smartest dog who has ever lived, definitely the cutest and funniest.

I hug & kiss my pup about 10 times a day. Sometimes we howl together, I start and she mimics me, and she's learning various phrases. I think she's probably the smartest dog who has ever lived, definitely the cutest and funniest.
Edited -2nd smartest, cutest and funniest. Nobody matches my boy Louie.

I'd think a cat could track the hell out of someone.

Problem is convincing them it's worth their while.

matttyl said:
E Street Brat said:
RIP Ziggy

:cry:
Sorry to hear. I'm always afraid when this thread is bumped that it would be for this reason.
Agreed. Sorry about Ziggy E. Its crazy how they become a part of us. One of the greatest gifts given to mankind.

Those slow motion pics of the dogs are hilarious. Showing them to my stepdaughters when they get home from school.

This is a nice feel good sort of story and a girl who is doing awesome things. As someone said, everyone deserves love and Dusty and N give that to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread