What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CB Richard Sherman (1 Viewer)

You mean the richard sherman that gets away with more grabbing, hand checking, and all around contact than any other DB in the league.......The guy is a flailing hack.
ha ha, yeah. That one. Not to be confused with the guy who says "excuse me, would you like to catch that?" The talentless hack whom NFL refs refuse to flag because of their unscrupulous desire to make sure the Seahawks always win. It's an NFL conspiracy.

You mean the richard sherman that gets away with more grabbing, hand checking, and all around contact than any other DB in the league.......The guy is a flailing hack.
ha ha, yeah. That one. Not to be confused with the guy who says "excuse me, would you like to catch that?" The talentless hack whom NFL refs refuse to flag because of their unscrupulous desire to make sure the Seahawks always win. It's an NFL conspiracy.
I don't see many Wizards outside of the Seahawks.

You might be on to something here.

As an Andre Johnson owner.... Im benching him. Especially seeing what he did to Boldin.

Interested in hearing other opinions on if this should be a weakly bench. Sherman is matched up on your fantasy WR .... do you bench him automatically?

As an Andre Johnson owner.... Im benching him. Especially seeing what he did to Boldin.

Interested in hearing other opinions on if this should be a weakly bench. Sherman is matched up on your fantasy WR .... do you bench him automatically?
Man... you make it hard for me to even appreciate the Seahawks. I really like them and find them a joy to watch. I wish they'd go back to mediocrity so I didn't have to see 12 Seahawks threads repeatedly bumped by you on a daily basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you benching your stud WR because he faces Richard Sherman this week?
Serious question: Does Sherman get 1 WR and follow him wherever he lines up, or does he merely play 1 side of the field, no matter what WR is there?

Over the last 19 regular season games, WR1s facing Seattle haven't been especially productive, but there have been some decent days for WR2s. If Sherman locks down 1 WR, perhaps viable #2 WRs are startable.

I'm not talking about starting guys like Robert Woods from Buffalo, but perhaps Hopkins might be a possibility, if Johnson is going?

Was he on Cecil Shorts last week? He put up 24+ on me and I had laughed at the guy playing him vs. Seattle.

we get it. you love the seahawks.

Depends - is **** Sherman still on 'roids?
Not sure where you get your information, but he was never on roids. Might want to check your source.
Sherman was suspended for steroids and won on appeal due to a technicality. It worked for Ryan Braun for a while too.

link

Sherman attested that the cup with his urine specimen leaked, which forced the person collecting the sample to use a second cup underneath the first one. Thus, Sherman argued, the presence of the second cup (the seal on which was broken) violated the chain of custody requirements for a fair test.
As we all know most empty cups have steroids in them. Add in the fact that a bunch of Seahawks players have been popped and its pretty obvious to most people.

Man... you make it hard for me to even appreciate the Seahawks. I really like them and find them a joy to watch. I wish they'd go back to mediocrity so I didn't have to see 12 Seahawks threads repeatedly bumped by you on a daily basis.
This.

I have a good friend that moved out to Seattle a few years ago and he said it's getting really bad there with the fans. He said they've always been great in the past but it's really getting to their heads. They're not questioning whether they will go to the super bowl, they're talking about how many super bowls this squad will win. It's sad because I've respected the team and love their style of football. I just wish I didn't know how the fans are turning.

Although I'm not going to dispute he is one of the best CBs in the NFL, I think there is too much hype over Sherman... He isn't Revis from 2 seasons ago.

I'd like to see what he does against Fitz (in AZ, not a cold wet Seattle) & in ATL against Julio...

The fact that he is cockier then Floyd Mayweather makes it even easier to hate him. However, I'm playing AJ80 this week, so I'm a temporary fan.

I have a good friend that moved out to Seattle a few years ago and he said it's getting really bad there with the fans. He said they've always been great in the past but it's really getting to their heads. They're not questioning whether they will go to the super bowl, they're talking about how many super bowls this squad will win. It's sad because I've respected the team and love their style of football. I just wish I didn't know how the fans are turning.
It's terribly obvious. For having such a miniscule fan base, and for being totally insignificant for the better part of their existence, Seahawks fans have quickly become some of the most obnoxious and asinine fans in the league. Imagine if they ever actually win something other than home games? Ugh, they'll be unbearable.

Not sure where you get your information, but he was never on roids. Might want to check your source.
Sherman was suspended for steroids and won on appeal due to a technicality. It worked for Ryan Braun for a while too.

link

Sherman attested that the cup with his urine specimen leaked, which forced the person collecting the sample to use a second cup underneath the first one. Thus, Sherman argued, the presence of the second cup (the seal on which was broken) violated the chain of custody requirements for a fair test.
As we all know most empty cups have steroids in them. Add in the fact that a bunch of Seahawks players have been popped and its pretty obvious to most people.
I've never heard of a 0 game suspension. Care to explain that to me?

Shorts did okay last week. I'll take my chances.
60 of Shorts yards came in the 4th quarter at which point the starters were on the sidelines and 59 yards came on a single play where there was blown coverage and no one was on Shorts. So 4th quarter garbage time and 1 blown play account for 119 of Shorts 143 yards.

It's terribly obvious. For having such a miniscule fan base, and for being totally insignificant for the better part of their existence, Seahawks fans have quickly become some of the most obnoxious and asinine fans in the league. Imagine if they ever actually win something other than home games? Ugh, they'll be unbearable.
Reminds me a lot of New Orleans after the Saints won the SB.....

link

Dude, we get it. He never actually got suspended. Either did Barry Bonds. It changes nothing. People aren't stupid. Even though guys like Sherman and Ryan Braun wish they were.

link

Not all PEDs are steroids. If you want to try and slam Sherman with "facts", you should use facts. The test wasn't done properly. Do you want a player on your team suspended by a bad test? Another player at the same lab on the same day did test positive. Very easy to see where the sample could get tainted, more likely with Adderal than roids. There's been no drop off in his play. Everything that involves benefit of doubt works in his favor. I understand that most people won't give it to him, and I can't say I believe 100% that he didn't do it because the reversal wasn't a complete exoneration. But I give him benefit of the doubt. If you're not going to give it to him , then at least don't make claims as truths that are as outrageous and unprovable as the ones you're dismissing from him.

link

Not all PEDs are steroids. If you want to try and slam Sherman with "facts", you should use facts. The test wasn't done properly. Do you want a player on your team suspended by a bad test? Another player at the same lab on the same day did test positive. Very easy to see where the sample could get tainted, more likely with Adderal than roids. There's been no drop off in his play. Everything that involves benefit of doubt works in his favor. I understand that most people won't give it to him, and I can't say I believe 100% that he didn't do it because the reversal wasn't a complete exoneration. But I give him benefit of the doubt. If you're not going to give it to him , then at least don't make claims as truths that are as outrageous and unprovable as the ones you're dismissing from him.

link

:goodposting:

link

Dude, we get it. He never actually got suspended. Either did Barry Bonds. It changes nothing. People aren't stupid. Even though guys like Sherman and Ryan Braun wish they were.
I invite you to read Mad Sweeney's post. He knows what's up.

ASYS. I never bench my studs no matter who the opponent. There are countless examples of stud WRs going off on stud CBs. I remember Stevie Johnson getiing 100+ and a TD on Revis island and Stevie is not even a stud. Just saying. ASYS

link

you don't say...

yeah he did... AFTER the second team came in...
Right. I haven't seen anything yet to suggest that Sherman will be stuck to Johnson all day yet. He'll be in trouble if he gets the coverage Boldin saw, but it doesn't seem crazy to consider that he may see better opportunities. Like Shorts did, that's all.

The week 2 game vs SF was the first time Sherm was specifically on a WR, and that was because of Boklin's size and big week 1. Browner was not playing and Thurmond isn't as big, so Sherm asked to take Bikdin. There's nothing to suggest that he'll lock up on a WR, absent him or the team saying so.

Boldin is 6 feet tall, 33, & ran a 4.7 40 in 2002. I'd expect a talented bigger faster CB that locks up on him to shut him down. People talk up what he did to Boldin like hes Dez, Mega, or Julio.

yeah he did... AFTER the second team came in...
Right. I haven't seen anything yet to suggest that Sherman will be stuck to Johnson all day yet. He'll be in trouble if he gets the coverage Boldin saw, but it doesn't seem crazy to consider that he may see better opportunities. Like Shorts did, that's all.
Taking away a blown coverage play where no one was guarding Shorts(since that is not the norm), he had 24 receiving yards against the 1st team D.

Boldin is 6 feet tall, 33, & ran a 4.7 40 in 2002. I'd expect a talented bigger faster CB that locks up on him to shut him down. People talk up what he did to Boldin like hes Dez, Mega, or Julio.
Boldin is ranked #8 in the NFL for receiving yards. Julio is the only one of those guys you mention with more receiving yards this season than Boldin. And that's counting his 7 yard performance against the Seahawks. There is a reasonable argument one could make that Sherman's coverage is the only thing standing between Boldin and the league lead for receiving yards at this point in the season.

Boldin is ranked #8 in the NFL for receiving yards. Julio is the only one of those guys you mention with more receiving yards this season than Boldin. And that's counting his 7 yard performance against the Seahawks. There is a reasonable argument one could make that Sherman's coverage is the only thing standing between Boldin and the league lead for receiving yards at this point in the season.
Take away the GB game, and I doubt Boldin is ranked at #8.

Users who are viewing this thread