What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Props to 'The Audible' gang... (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
These guys don't get enough thanks for their hard work. Cecil, Bloom, Waldman and Dr. Jene.

Thanks a million for the best podcast out there. It provides hours of enjoyable analysis every week!

:thumbup:

And on a personal note, I have a lot of trouble sleeping... pretty severe insomnia. But the dulcet tones of Lammey and Bloom in particular have a sort of narcotic effect on me. Puts me out like a light at night.

That's a compliment, I promise. :lol: I finish listening to the shows during my work day.

And on a personal note, I have a lot of trouble sleeping... pretty severe insomnia. But the dulcet tones of Lammey and Bloom in particular have a sort of narcotic effect on me. Puts me out like a light at night.That's a compliment, I promise. :lol: I finish listening to the shows during my work day.
I'll have to try it late at night then. Don't let Joe read this or he'll market the podcasts as sleep aids.

I agree though, these guys offer great insight to the game and they have for years, even before they were staff and just message board posters.

I've been marathon training since June and the podcasts have been great to listen to during my long runs. Just done 20 miles listening to the Audible, on the couch and the preview shows. Of all the logged miles listening I'm still annoyed at myself for missing out on Julius Thomas, they were pimping him way back when at the start of the off season

Last edited by a moderator:
They are great. I used to listen to them on my way to and from work. However, I changed jobs this summer and I don't have the drive anymore. My teams are showing it this year that I have not been listening as much. Time to start ignoring the wife and listening at home.

The Audible gets better every year. I especially like when they bring in guest analysts and discuss why they have their takes on players.

Love it guys!

Raider Nation said:
These guys don't get enough thanks for their hard work. Cecil, Bloom, Waldman and Dr. Jene.

Thanks a million for the best podcast out there. It provides hours of enjoyable analysis every week!

:thumbup:
Couldn't agree more.

Has anyone documented their calls to measure their hit rate at the end of the season? I think that would be cool to follow. I wonder if Waldman's statement (not a top 5 QB, breaks out a Vince Young analogy) on Kaepernick will be true. I seemed reactionary to me based on a tough game against Seattle and that their WRs are not healthy.

Raider Nation said:
And on a personal note, I have a lot of trouble sleeping... pretty severe insomnia. But the dulcet tones of Lammey and Bloom in particular have a sort of narcotic effect on me. Puts me out like a light at night.

That's a compliment, I promise. :lol: I finish listening to the shows during my work day.
Thanks for the tip. I listen to podcasts when I can't sleep, and it's not that they bore me into sleep, it's just that it's better than leaving the TV on or music. I actually remember more of them while I do.

Has anyone documented their calls to measure their hit rate at the end of the season? I think that would be cool to follow. I wonder if Waldman's statement (not a top 5 QB, breaks out a Vince Young analogy) on Kaepernick will be true. I seemed reactionary to me based on a tough game against Seattle and that their WRs are not healthy.
Too fluid... opinions can change on a guy from week to week (see A. Bradshaw)

Biggest hit due to the audible: picked up Jimmy Graham weeks before he did anything in his rookie year

Biggest flop: Broncos RB situation last year after McGahee went down - learned an expensive lesson there

Too fluid... opinions can change on a guy from week to week (see A. Bradshaw)
Well, then someone says X player won't be Y rank for the year, then there's no reason to no hold them to that. Otherwise there is no point in making the claim in the first place.

This podcast is entertainment. Free entertainment.

It's important to draft your own team and not blame others if your draft didn't work out.

I enjoy listening to them but it might be easier for them if they cut down on the content. They are putting out something like 6 hours a week of podcasts and it shows sometimes (seemingly off the cuff comments/gut calls happen too much). 3.5 hours a week is plenty (1 for recap, 1 for waiver wire/on the couch type show, 30 minutes for IDP and an hour for a preview). I get overwhelmed with the amount of stuff they put out and generally stick to ESPN Fantasy Focus because there is less overlap there from day-to-day and Berry's opinions seem a little more consistent and less gut-feely.

great stuff though, can't complain about so much free fantasy football content. appreciate all the work guys

Raider Nation said:

I find that all podcasts work well for that. Something about podcasts.

Raider Nation said:

I find that all podcasts work well for that. Something about podcasts.
Rich Eisen especially. Something about his voice... :sleep:

I get overwhelmed with the amount of stuff they put out and generally stick to ESPN Fantasy Focus because there is less overlap there from day-to-day and Berry's opinions seem a little more consistent and less gut-feely.
Fantasy Focus is a nice time-killer during the day, but Nate Ravitz is slightly annoying.

It's important to draft your own team and not blame others if your draft didn't work out.
I disagree here. I blame Bloom and Bramel, respectively, for two of my losses last week (since that's who I was playing against). Full credit to Waldman for one of my week one victories, however.

I disagree here. I blame Bloom and Bramel, respectively, for two of my losses last week (since that's who I was playing against). Full credit to Waldman for one of my week one victories, however.
Tim blaming Dodds for his 1-13 season last year was priceless. He was completely serious, too.

I enjoy listening to them but it might be easier for them if they cut down on the content. They are putting out something like 6 hours a week of podcasts and it shows sometimes (seemingly off the cuff comments/gut calls happen too much). 3.5 hours a week is plenty (1 for recap, 1 for waiver wire/on the couch type show, 30 minutes for IDP and an hour for a preview). I get overwhelmed with the amount of stuff they put out and generally stick to ESPN Fantasy Focus because there is less overlap there from day-to-day and Berry's opinions seem a little more consistent and less gut-feely.

great stuff though, can't complain about so much free fantasy football content. appreciate all the work guys
I sometimes think they put out too much, then I get caught up and wish there was more.

Tim blaming Dodds for his 1-13 season last year was priceless. He was completely serious, too.
That's horse####. Dodds never should have made Tim draft Rivers. Totally his fault.

I'm an idiot, please help. I go to the audible download page and hit one of the getmp3 links and it starts playing in quicktime. Is there a way just to download the mp3 so I can save to my mp3 player?

Thanks.

I'm an idiot, please help. I go to the audible download page and hit one of the getmp3 links and it starts playing in quicktime. Is there a way just to download the mp3 so I can save to my mp3 player?
No idea. If you have a smartphone, listen to it on the TuneIn Radio app. It loads instantly.

Right clink on the link for the podcast and the go to "save link as". Transfer to your mp3 player and you are good to go.

snellman said:
They are great. I used to listen to them on my way to and from work. However, I changed jobs this summer and I don't have the drive anymore. My teams are showing it this year that I have not been listening as much. Time to start ignoring the wife and listening at home.
Yep i listen to them during my commute as well. Makes the time pass quickly and that way, i can spend less time doing research.

No idea. If you have a smartphone, listen to it on the TuneIn Radio app. It loads instantly.
Just installed app. Now what? Thx.Edit: never mind found it. That was too easy!

Biggest hit due to the audible: picked up Jimmy Graham weeks before he did anything in his rookie year

Biggest flop: Broncos RB situation last year after McGahee went down - learned an expensive lesson there
Whoa. I remember Lammey was all over Moreno last year, IIRC.

Nope - he discounted reports from practice and told people that Hillman was the pickup.
And?

Because he hosts a podcast, he's not allowed to be wrong now and then like the rest of us?
Thank you. You do realizes they're attempting to predict the future.. right? These guys hit 60%+ of their calls (I think, there's a site that keeps track but can't remember off the top of my head).

Whoa. I remember Lammey was all over Moreno last year, IIRC.
No, he was all over Hillman and then changed his mind even before McGahee went down. Or at least he cautioned it. I specifically remember being irritated I hadn't picked up Moreno even after he had said something about it.

Regardless, these guys do a great podcast. I don't want one example to ruin this thread.

On The Couch is hands down the most interesting FF podcast available. Some FF podcasts sound like a couple guys jawing back & forth others are so over produced (ESPN, Yahoo) and/or commercial laden (Yahoo) they're un-listen-to-able (< - is that a word?). Bloom knows his stuff but does a great job of not jumping in every 10 seconds with "Well, I think player X is the man", moderating his weekly guests so they don't and keeping them from turning ever question into a 5 minute soliloquy (except when Waldman's on).

One suggestion tho. For the podcast guests Bloom needs to buy a couple of these and FedEx them out ahead of time. A lot of times these guys sound like they're doing the tin can on a string gig.

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-87680-01-Voyager-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B009ZJ3MSY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1380458657&sr=8-7&keywords=voyager+pro+Bluetooth

Then have that guest FedEx it to next week's guy and so on

Thanks for the kind words and feedback. We ALWAYS want to know how to improve the show! Some of the Couch guests only have cellphones, so that makes it tough to get best sound quality, will work on getting them over to skype!

MoveToSkypager said:
On the Couch is great, but you should definitely change your bumper music.
Helllll no! I love that jazzy intro... been meaning to ask what song that was and if it's some Coltrane.

Users who are viewing this thread