Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
pghrob

Dynasty Prospect: Pitt Panthers WR Tyler Boyd

29 minutes ago, Ketamine Dreams said:

I'm wondering that too. What does everyone think of Boyd long term?

I'm trying to determine whether or not moving my Boyd for his D. Henry in PPR straight up would be good for me

I think he's' a WR3 in Dynasty.  He was a bit udervalued earlier in the summer, but with the Green news, I think his value is up.  

As far as Boyd/Henry--I'd be really tempted to take it depending on your roster makeup

On 8/7/2019 at 9:19 AM, jm192 said:

I think he's' a WR3 in Dynasty.  He was a bit udervalued earlier in the summer, but with the Green news, I think his value is up.  

As far as Boyd/Henry--I'd be really tempted to take it depending on your roster makeup

I have him as a WR2 now with borderline WR1 upside in dynasty. I understand people not being as high on him, but WR3 seems a bit low for a player with his talent, size, age & opportunity. 

They make a pretty convincing case for that here:

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2019/05/07/tyler-boyd-the-dynasty-wide-receiver-you-need-to-buy/

• Like 2

coming off 76 rec for 1,028 yards and 7 TDs in year 2 in 14 games played.  

I think the Bengals will be behind a lot and throwing.  With pretty modest improvement he jumps into a top 12 overall type WR.  He may have even finished last year inside the top 12 if he plays a full 16 game season.  

enjoyed the article by @Hot Sauce Guy above.  Im late to the party on this guy but hoping for big things this year.  Trying to figure out if the AJG injury helps or hurts.  Havent really come to any conclusions.  Interested in some other opinions.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Finist said:

coming off 76 rec for 1,028 yards and 7 TDs in year 2 in 14 games played.  

I think the Bengals will be behind a lot and throwing.  With pretty modest improvement he jumps into a top 12 overall type WR.  He may have even finished last year inside the top 12 if he plays a full 16 game season.  

enjoyed the article by @Hot Sauce Guy above.  Im late to the party on this guy but hoping for big things this year.  Trying to figure out if the AJG injury helps or hurts.  Havent really come to any conclusions.  Interested in some other opinions.  

May be a wash. 

Hurts: increased coverage / quality of coverage

Helps: increased target share. 

• Like 1

Willis being named the starter is probably good news for Boyd. I had some concerns that they would move him out of the slot and make him be the traditional outside WR role with AJ out. Starting Willis and Ross is perfect imo. You get 2 warm bodies to take the outside spots and run fast, but surely a big focus will be getting the ball to Boyd in the slot. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cheese said:

Willis being named the starter is probably good news for Boyd. I had some concerns that they would move him out of the slot and make him be the traditional outside WR role with AJ out. Starting Willis and Ross is perfect imo. You get 2 warm bodies to take the outside spots and run fast, but surely a big focus will be getting the ball to Boyd in the slot. 

Yeah, I was super happy to see that news as well. 

Tyler Boyd caught 10 passes for 122 yards in Week 2 against the 49ers.

Boyd was the only receiver getting open for Andy Dalton, though most of his production came on a 47-yard catch. It's the second straight game with double-digit targets for him. Boyd has a very high floor with A.J. Green still a couple weeks from returning. He's a WR2 for Week 3 against Buffalo.

Edited by The Frankman