What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roddy White - Well, looks like he has screwed us all (1 Viewer)

Just awful here. How was there no indication that he would be banged up half the season?
He would be fine today if it weren't for the hamstring 3 weeks ago. He should be getting closer. I guess there was no atl practice yesterday?
I don't think most teams practice on Tuesdays. It's usually Wednesday/Thursday/Friday for the major practice time.
My fault. Forgot what day it was. ..

No practice today for Roddy...

From Rotoworld:

Roddy White (ankle, hamstring) remained sidelined at practice Wednesday.

White's status for Week 8 against the Cardinals is up in the air. He sat out last week's game in an effort to get healthy with Julio Jones sidelined for the season. The Falcons didn't miss a beat without him and could choose to give White another week off with another weak opponent on the schedule.

From Rotoworld:

White's status for Week 8 against the Cardinals is up in the air. He sat out last week's game in an effort to get healthy with Julio Jones sidelined for the season. The Falcons didn't miss a beat without him and could choose to give White another week off with another weak opponent on the schedule.
I expect(and hope) that he sits this week out. Especially now that the streak is over. Falcons are better off another week without him if it means that he finishes strong. Could be a great buy low for owners who have 5+ wins and are looking ahead towards hte playoffs.

From Rotoworld:

I expect(and hope) that he sits this week out. Especially now that the streak is over. Falcons are better off another week without him if it means that he finishes strong. Could be a great buy low for owners who have 5+ wins and are looking ahead towards hte playoffs.
Still sitting on him on my 6-1 team. Would love for him to come back by Week 11 at least since that's when Dez has a bye. I can make due for the next couple weeks without him. But man it would be nice to see him get back to form soon.

From Rotoworld:

wait... so the 2-4 Falcons (allowing 26 ppg) are considering the 3-4 Cardinals (allowing 23 ppg) a weak opponent? Seems the game is winnable, but not so much that they can rest a guy just because their opponent is "weak".

FWIW, I'm hoping they do bench him this week and he gets healthy. I need him to start playing soon, but prefer a healthy White.

From Rotoworld:

wait... so the 2-4 Falcons (allowing 26 ppg) are considering the 3-4 Cardinals (allowing 23 ppg) a weak opponent? Seems the game is winnable, but not so much that they can rest a guy just because their opponent is "weak".
No. Rotoworld is considering the Cardinals a weak opponent, not the Falcons.

From Rotoworld:

No. Rotoworld is considering the Cardinals a weak opponent, not the Falcons.
Ok, so irrelevant unless the falcons agree.

Just traded Bowe and DeAngelo Williams for Roddy. I need WRs badly and Bowe has been nothing this year. Maybe a slight overpay but my RBs are Spiller, Richardson, Lacy, Ridley, Vereen, and Andre Brown. So could definitely afford to move Williams. Just gotta hope Roddy comes back soon and just gives me more than Bowe has.

I hope he sits out one more week. Need him 100%. Could be a top 5-10 WR when he returns, if he's healthy.

I actually think it's a good thing he's taking the time to get this right. He may have never sat out long enough to have the ankle 100% as long as that stupid streak was alive. Perhaps the hamstring injury was a blessing in disguise for his owners, or those who bought dirt cheap (this guy).

Consider this: Harry Douglas just dropped 147 yards and a TD on a decent defense. Harry. F'ing. Douglas.

Wait till White gets back and gets all those targets...

Insein said:
Roddy is going to win leagues for people.
Keep telling yourself that.
I love his late season schedule, where he gets the Bills, Packers, and Skins. Although facing the 49ers in Week 16 is less than desirable.

He won't help you much getting into the playoffs unless you bought low on him (like I did). Traded Reggie Wayne for him two weeks ago, that one is probably going to work out for me.

I lucked out and drafted decent enough around him to make up for the turd that's been laid. Hoping he gives me something later in the year.

He'd be a beast right now if he would have shut it down for the first three weeks. Dope.

Yeah Roddy will help you win a championship if your other draft picks are firing on all cilindars.

Unfortunately my first two picks being Spiller and Chris Johnson that's not the case for me. Can't get much worse for your first three picks.

BRB gotta go PTTS.

Yeah Roddy will help you win a championship if your other draft picks are firing on all cilindars.

Unfortunately my first two picks being Spiller and Chris Johnson that's not the case for me. Can't get much worse for your first three picks.
Keep 2 league. Try:

Rd 1 Spiller

Rd 2 RRice

Rd 3 RWhite

Rd 4 Gronk

Rd 5 Vereen

= Oops

What if he practices today? You starting him?
I wouldn't start him, and because of byes, I'm probably going to start Beasley or Khiry Robinson as my flex. I honestly hope that they hold him out, so he doesn't aggravate the hammy or ankle. IF they win this week, they are only 1 game out of the playoffs (although there are a lot of teams between them and that last spot). Their playoffs hopes aren't gone, but if they are going to have any shot in the playoffs, they need more of a receiving threat than just Harry Douglas.

Users who are viewing this thread