Major

Case Keenum

665 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Major said:

I should share my football knowledge with you guppies more often but I prefer to profit and get them bags.  Peace 

Below is your original quote in this thread, is this what you are bragging about?

If you want upside, grab Keenum in all dynasty/keeper leagues. I think TJ Yates is serviceable but a better #2. Keenum is the guy that could surprise in a big way. Just my 2 cents from an H-Town homer.

0 Like this

Quote

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Major said:

I should share my football knowledge with you guppies more often but I prefer to profit and get them bags.  Peace 

4 years of stashing him and getting QB15 results gets you fired up?  You must be downright estatic about Paul Richardson'd progress.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

4 years of stashing him and getting QB15 results gets you fired up?  You must be downright estatic about Paul Richardson'd progress.

Case Keenum was a great find in my 2QB league and grabbing him right after Bradford went down got me to the playoffs.
As an interested owner though, the playoffs cooled me on him for 2018. I went from thinking the Vikings would be foolish not to bring him back to thinking that an alternate option will be necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2018 at 7:57 AM, King of the Jungle said:

Below is your original quote in this thread, is this what you are bragging about?

If you want upside, grab Keenum in all dynasty/keeper leagues. I think TJ Yates is serviceable but a better #2. Keenum is the guy that could surprise in a big way. Just my 2 cents from an H-Town homer.

0 Like this

Quote

Yep.  3 and 4 TDs in those first two games helped me clinch a bye in the first round.  Pretty good career for an undrafted free agent that no one in the FBG realm was talking about pre season except for Major.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2018 at 8:10 AM, Hankmoody said:

4 years of stashing him and getting QB15 results gets you fired up?  You must be downright estatic about Paul Richardson'd progress.

You guys should follow sport more closely...homey had some amazing games in 2013 out of the gate and a serviceable career that no one expected so yeah making that call gets me fired up.  I don't play fantasy like I used to but he's made me a killing in Vegas.  Thanks Case for helping me out on that Tesla.  Peace

Edited by Major

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Major said:

You guys should follow sport more closely...homey had some amazing games in 2013 out of the gate and a serviceable career.  I don't play fantasy like I used to b/c it's just boring nowadays but he's made me a killing in Vegas.  Thanks Case. 

"Out of the gate" - in his second year

0/0/0/0
0/0/0/0
0/0/0/0
0/0/0/0
0/0/0/0
0/0/0/0
15/25/271/1
20/34/350/3
22/43/201/3
13/24/170/1
18/34/169/
15/30/272/
16/29/159/1
18/34/168/
0/0/0/0
0/0/0/0

When your football knowledge plants the flag on "serviceable careers" that might speaks volumes.  I'm sure Vegas has you on all their watch lists.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

"Out of the gate" - in his second year

0/0/0/0
0/0/0/0
0/0/0/0
0/0/0/0
0/0/0/0
0/0/0/0
15/25/271/1
20/34/350/3
22/43/201/3
13/24/170/1
18/34/169/
15/30/272/
16/29/159/1
18/34/168/
0/0/0/0
0/0/0/0

When your football knowledge plants the flag on "serviceable careers" that might speaks volumes.  I'm sure Vegas has you on all their watch lists.

How about first year bruh?  fake news? ...chop up stats to support your point. School girl stuff. I'm a big picture guy.  Cash Rules.  Have fun on this message board hating others who succeed and provide knowledge years head of the curve.  Keep following the herd.  It's a safe play but you'll always remain average at best. Peace 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Major said:

How about first year bruh?  fake news? ...chop up stats to support your point. School girl stuff. I'm a big picture guy.  Cash Rules.  Have fun on this message board hating others who succeed and provide knowledge years head of the curve.  Keep following the herd.  It's a safe play but you'll always remain average at best. Peace 

He spent his first year on the practice squad.  Your schtick sucks.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

He spent his first year on the practice squad.  Your schtick sucks.

You obviously don't have a firm grasp on reality or history.  Follow the thread unless your English comprehension is lacking.  

Why do you keep conveniently forgetting midway through 2013 when I made that call pre season?  His debut game v. KC against a great defense fooled everyone, then a  350 yds/3 TDs in Game 2 out of nowhere then  200 yards 3 TD in Game 3.  Not a bad run for an undrafted free agent I got in the 17th round of all keeper leagues.   I forget the trades I made but got a WR2 in one trade and a RB2 in another after the run and still win a lot of money on the guy.  Kubiak ####ed the rest up benching him and stuff for Schaub but he finally got.a chance in Minn to shine and did relatively well in LA.

It's a shame you don't recognize facts and true game.  Hope it makes you feel good to ignore reality.  Also makes it easy to ignore money.  Hope you have at least 7 figures but judging from this post you're probably poor af  and likely a Trump supporter.  smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that escalated quickly.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as impact on the team goes, I'd wager Keenum is the biggest upgrade any team has made this offseason. He's worth at least 4 wins by himself for Denver. They had BY FAR the worst QB play in the NFL last year. 

In fantasy, he'll certainly help Thomas and Sanders, but he's likely a mid to low-end backup himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, travdogg said:

As far as impact on the team goes, I'd wager Keenum is the biggest upgrade any team has made this offseason. He's worth at least 4 wins by himself for Denver. They had BY FAR the worst QB play in the NFL last year. 

In fantasy, he'll certainly help Thomas and Sanders, but he's likely a mid to low-end backup himself.

Actually probably true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/19/lunch-special-denver-sports-chat-mark-kiszla-14/

Lunch Special: Should the Broncos pass on QB

I’m glad you’re back from vacation. (9NEWS reporter Mike) Klis has been an over-the-top salesman on everything Broncos. Seems like (Case) Keenum is a hall of famer and Vance (Joseph) should be given a lifetime contract. Uggggg.

Kiz: Does Case Keenum rhyme with rebuilding? Keenum is what he is. A capable NFL back-up that played very good football for one season, with the support of a very solid Minnesota Vikings defense. Could Keenum get the Broncos to the playoffs? Absolutely. Keenum is a bust if he fails to do anything less than ride the coattails of Von Miller to the postseason. But to know what the Broncos really think of Keenum, all you have to do is follow the money. It’s a 2-year deal. Keenum isn’t the long-term answer. He’s a bridge. Question is: A  bridge to where? To Paxton Lynch? To a QB selected in the the draft? To the next time that John Elway has to pull a veteran QB out of his … scouting reports on free agents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a misperception about Keenum being a so-called bridge QB.

A bridge would be someone like McCown or even Tyrod Taylor...you know what their ceiling is.

Keenum's floor is well above 2017's Broncos QB crew...but Elway believes Keenum also still has upside potential (mostly consistency and decision-making) that can throw for 4K-plus yards and get them back to the Super Bowl.

Lynch has even more physical talent but not enough reps for Elway and Kubiak to definitively conclude whether he is the next Jake Locker...or Jared Goff. Releasing him to take on another QB project would be premature.

Keenum is either a bridge to an improved version of himself or to Lynch...the Broncos won't be drafting a QB at #5. This year, at least. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PhantomJB said:

There is a misperception about Keenum being a so-called bridge QB.

A bridge would be someone like McCown or even Tyrod Taylor...you know what their ceiling is.

Keenum's floor is well above 2017's Broncos QB crew...but Elway believes Keenum also still has upside potential (mostly consistency and decision-making) that can throw for 4K-plus yards and get them back to the Super Bowl.

Lynch has even more physical talent but not enough reps for Elway and Kubiak to definitively conclude whether he is the next Jake Locker...or Jared Goff. Releasing him to take on another QB project would be premature.

Keenum is either a bridge to an improved version of himself or to Lynch...the Broncos won't be drafting a QB at #5. This year, at least. 

I agree mostly but Lynch is burnt toast.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PhantomJB said:

There is a misperception about Keenum being a so-called bridge QB.

A bridge would be someone like McCown or even Tyrod Taylor...you know what their ceiling is.

Keenum's floor is well above 2017's Broncos QB crew...but Elway believes Keenum also still has upside potential (mostly consistency and decision-making) that can throw for 4K-plus yards and get them back to the Super Bowl.

Lynch has even more physical talent but not enough reps for Elway and Kubiak to definitively conclude whether he is the next Jake Locker...or Jared Goff. Releasing him to take on another QB project would be premature.

Keenum is either a bridge to an improved version of himself or to Lynch...the Broncos won't be drafting a QB at #5. This year, at least. 

Well a two year contract does say he is a bridge....if baker mayfield is available at 5 they are taking him....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Well a two year contract does say he is a bridge....if baker mayfield is available at 5 they are taking him....

Possibly but in some ways it would have been crazy to give him more than 2 years even if they believe in him, based on his career.  And no other team was going to offer much more than that so why give a longer contract then they have to.

Edited by Tool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.