What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo waivers didn't run, oops (1 Viewer)

bb7278

Footballguy
Im in 6 Yahoo leagues and they didnt run waivers yet today, anyone else see this?

Epic fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im in 6 Yahoo leagues and they didnt run waivers today, anyone else see this?

Epic fail.
Yes. Between the terrible interface, going down on a Sunday last year, and this, I honestly wonder why people in my league love Yahoo FF so much. I think it's terrible, minus an excellent mobile app which I have to say almost makes up for it.

Well, they semi-ran. It seemd those players awarded (still undisclosed) are not available to be picked up as FA. Those not awarded are available as FA now.

Yeah, in previous weeks waivers were clearing consistently around 410-410am each Wednesday. This week, not so much.

However, Im very happy that in my main league with last (12th) waiver priority, I was able to land Keenan Allen tonight/this morning. Before I could get him, Terrance Williams (who was my 2nd choice, I have Austin), Ryan kicka Succop, Henne, Snelling (who I dropped for Austin last week), and Donald Brown were added/priority before I could get Keenan Allen.

To also put it in reference, Devin McCourty, Harry Douglas, and Mychal Kendricks were also claimed by 3 of those 5 people who had priority over me, yet preferred Succop, Snelling, and Brown.....over Keenan.

I sort of feel like Im laughing my way to the bank right now, I know, cool story :thumbup: :lmao:

Well, they semi-ran. It seemd those players awarded (still undisclosed) are not available to be picked up as FA. Those not awarded are available as FA now.
Yes. If you filter by waivers - you can see who all is being picked up.
I saw this too, after I posted I noticed they at least held the claim players but you could see who was being claimed.

Crazy.

Correct. I noticed right around 345-350 that you could no longer put in a waiver bid for players already claimed.

However, you got the early jumped on the FA's!

I saw this too, after I posted I noticed they at least held the claim players but you could see who was being claimed.

Crazy.
This is improved for Yahoo. In previous years, you could usually see what players had a claim put in around 2am on waiver day.

If you wanted, you could still put in a claim for them (highest priority still won of course).

So actually, Yahoo has great improved. Im guessing this week was an aberration for this year, and its the first time Ive seen it.

It's done now.
If I recall, in those notes they always put at the top of the page that you should read next time and not ignore, that they said because of the Sunday Night Late game that there would be delays in waivers and stat corrections. So be patient, they will get things worked out.

We had someone place a claim on a player for $150 using the phone app, and it's showing that the winning bid was $4 this morning to another player. Anyone have something similar happen? This is in Yahoo.

We had someone place a claim on a player for $150 using the phone app, and it's showing that the winning bid was $4 this morning to another player. Anyone have something similar happen? This is in Yahoo.
Nope. I used the phone app both last night and again this morning to enter bids, and it worked like a charm.

Are you taking this person at his word, or does he have some sort of proof? And really...$150 bid but even removing that, the guy only went for $4?

Yes, I'm taking him for his word at the moment, he's always been a trustworthy player in the league. The only thing I can think of is maybe he didn't press all the buttons correctly while submitting the bid. Just wanted to see if there has ever been a glitch reported or more likely user error.

Im in 6 Yahoo leagues and they didnt run waivers today, anyone else see this?

Epic fail.
I thought I saw something that they said before hand that waivers would run late due to the oak-sd game. They ran in my league earlier this morning, FWIW.

Not an identical scenario, but both some of my leaguemates and I have had issues with setting rosters/making pickups via mobile and it not going through in both the Yahoo football and baseball apps. I always double check and make sure any moves/claims I have made went through now - it's unfortunate as I really like Yahoo's interface - I definitely prefer it to both ESPN and CBS.

Not an identical scenario, but both some of my leaguemates and I have had issues with setting rosters/making pickups via mobile and it not going through in both the Yahoo football and baseball apps. I always double check and make sure any moves/claims I have made went through now - it's unfortunate as I really like Yahoo's interface - I definitely prefer it to both ESPN and CBS.
Wow, I thought I was the only one having issues with the roster moves. I made a few moves last week where i tried to pick up someone in the FA pool (using app from phone), and it showed up within the app correctly, but when viewed on the computer later it was not showing up. I had to process it from a computer and it worked fine. I thought it was an anomaly, but maybe there is something going on.

munygon2 said:
Ted Mullins said:
munygon2 said:
Wow, I thought I was the only one having issues with the roster moves. I made a few moves last week where i tried to pick up someone in the FA pool (using app from phone), and it showed up within the app correctly, but when viewed on the computer later it was not showing up. I had to process it from a computer and it worked fine. I thought it was an anomaly, but maybe there is something going on.
I had the same thing, but the app showed me some sort of error message -- 'cannot process waiver move at this time' or something that prompted me to get to a desktop to make the move.

Patience grasshoppah! Waivers not running by noon the next day may be a concern. But being 2 hours late AFTER notifying users of such a delay, isn't something to get riled up about. Especially considering, as many have pointed out, the fact that Yahoo costs nothing.

And that quirk with waivers/Free Agents in the list has been around for a while. Basically, when the system starts its waiver processing overnight, it displays all the people involved in a waiver claim (no matter how far down someone's priority list they are) as still on waivers. Everyone else shows as an FA and can be added for free.

That's why you might see TE XXXXXX listed still on waivers, but once they run, he switches like everyone else unclaimed to FA status. He was just a backup waiver claim that didn't get picked up because whoever put in the claim got one of his higher priority choices and didn't have the $ to add him or the player left to drop.

The ability to see the FA's before the processing goes through is kind of nice because I was able to cancel a claim and pick up a player of similar value who was unlocked for free, just as you said.

munygon2 said:
Yes, I'm taking him for his word at the moment, he's always been a trustworthy player in the league. The only thing I can think of is maybe he didn't press all the buttons correctly while submitting the bid. Just wanted to see if there has ever been a glitch reported or more likely user error.
Did you call it a "buck fitty"? If so, $4 beats $1.50.

Part of the issue was that all the other players that weren't reserved went to FA BEFORE the waivers ran.

I picked up a guy before waivers cleared which is technically an advantage since i knew by Yahoo showing me who was being claimed through the pending Waiver process.

Part of the issue was that all the other players that weren't reserved went to FA BEFORE the waivers ran.

I picked up a guy before waivers cleared which is technically an advantage since i knew by Yahoo showing me who was being claimed through the pending Waiver process.
Anybody can do that though, and FA's that don't get claimed as WW pickups always give the 'early bird' an advantage by letting them pick first.

Of course, I set my leagues up using FAAB/blind bidding, so all you have to do is bid $0 and this whole "stay up late to get first crack at FA's" silliness doesn't matter as much.

you think it really just lets you do this and not the rest of the world?

Not sure what you're saying. I'm pretty sure you're describing what Yahoo has done every week for years. At midnight PT, all players not involved in a waiver claim become free agents. I always grab people at 12:01 when I want somebody but not even to burn a waiver priority on. You can also therefore see all of the players that are involved in waiver claims for that night. Maybe you just never noticed this is the way it works on Yahoo? It has nothing to do with this particular two hour delay.

I went to add a guy in my league this morning.

All the ADD buttons have been disabled. So far as I know, our league didn't even have the waivers issue. Players were added/dropped yesterday. Bleh.

In one of my IDP leagues it looks like Tim Jennings of the Bears is not getting credit for his TD last night. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm playing him so I'm happy but I assume it'll be fixed?

That's great, but say I am dropping a Defense for a QB. I can see the QB is claimed (not sure if it is me or not), but if I try dropping my Defense for another Defense what happens?

That's great, but say I am dropping a Defense for a QB. I can see the QB is claimed (not sure if it is me or not), but if I try dropping my Defense for another Defense what happens?
Your waiver claim will fail, because the Defense is no longer on your roster.

That's why you might see TE XXXXXX listed still on waivers, but once they run, he switches like everyone else unclaimed to FA status. He was just a backup waiver claim that didn't get picked up because whoever put in the claim got one of his higher priority choices and didn't have the $ to add him or the player left to drop.
And it's not just backup claims - cancelled claims do it to. Players with cancelled claims still show as being on waiver, but then they switch to FA once waivers run. I had three claims in last night, but cancelled them around midnight. This morning before waivers ran, the cancelled players still showed up as being on waivers, while most players were FA. Then when they were processed, they switched to FA like they should.

So you could stop people from getting the FAs early by putting in a bunch of claims and canceling them. I don't see much of a reason to do this though. If you really want a player, put a claim in and let it go. If you want to risk the chance that they'll be a FA in the morning, that's part of the game.

Every system has its issues and hiccups including MFL. Yahoo and ESPN are free and perfect for Redraft.
i've used espn for both of my leagues for years.... I really like their interface, their mobile app is usable.... their gamecenter app for ipad is apparently really good, they dont have it for android tablets though.

i did my first nfl.com league this year, and i have to say I detest their site... they do a couple of things right... but it's a pain to find the info you need to make lineup decisions.... i would never do a serious league on nfl.com.... not to mention their projects are out of this world wacky each week

I only play in MFL leagues, but of all the free sites I've used in the past, Yahoo was by far the best. It's sad that they are having these trouble.

I still don't see it as a problem. Waiver claims are going to the correct owners, and if you see any other aspect of this glitch as an advantage, well, every other owner in your league has the same exact opportunity.

I still don't see it as a problem. Waiver claims are going to the correct owners, and if you see any other aspect of this glitch as an advantage, well, every other owner in your league has the same exact opportunity.
I guess the only complaint would be it screws the early risers who like to make add/drops asap. Even that's sorta nitpicky though. If it's the biggest glitch on a "cheap" site then sign me up. CBS was a major headache for us on draft day last year. Charging $ is kinda like the club that makes sure there's a Iine outside to look cool.

Fleaflicker is a much better free site.

This isn't the only problem with Yahoo waivers. Yahoo doesn't even have a real waiver system. Go into your team and try to put in two claims like this:

1.Picking up A dropping B

2.Picking up A dropping C

After you enter (2), it will delete (1). This just means it is a crude imitation of a real waiver system.

Fleaflicker is a much better free site.

This isn't the only problem with Yahoo waivers. Yahoo doesn't even have a real waiver system. Go into your team and try to put in two claims like this:

1.Picking up A dropping B

2.Picking up A dropping C

After you enter (2), it will delete (1). This just means it is a crude imitation of a real waiver system.
What would the goal be with those claims?

I think he means

Pick up player a drop b

Pick up c drop b

If someone snags a then it picks c up and drops b instead

Users who are viewing this thread