Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Squintz82

Larry Fitzgerald

What a gem for me this year. Was my 4th WR on draft day. Just wish he would've caught more TD's down the stretch. My league is non-PPR where he would've been an elite option.

Yes. I wish they would target him deep some.

don't really think he can burn anyone deep anymore

I'm sure he can still get by a guy more than 7 yards down the field however. Guy is blocking his ### off. Throw him a bone near the goal line once in awhile.

Never has. He's just bigger than everyone, good with routes and positioning. He was targeted deep a lot earlier this year. I thought they looked better offensively when they were letting him body DBs deep.

Fitz has played in eight postseason games now and in those games has a combined stat line of:

53-912-10.

That's insane. And that is with last year's 3-31 game when the Cards 3rd string QB was sucking it up.

• Like 2

Fitz has played in eight postseason games now and in those games has a combined stat line of:

53-912-10.

That's insane. And that is with last year's 3-31 game when the Cards 3rd string QB was sucking it up.

Doesnt hurt going against the Capers D in two of those.

53-912-10.

Doesnt hurt going against the Capers D in two of those.

Exactly. Blitzing against that offense in that situation was flat out ######ed.

Didn't break 40 yards receiving for 6 straight games to end the season. Finished the year with 784 and 2. Gets 11 million guaranteed for two years. Wierd that cheap ownership keeps overpaying him.

Wait....people still think Cards ownership is cheap!?? Mind boggling.

Worth every single cent

I do find it a bit shocking though that a team's leadership (guys paid to do this) actually know more than a dude from a message board.

Edited by Card Trader

Larry Fitzgerald has "no idea" if 2016 will be his final season.

Fitz has previously admitted this could be his final campaign, but was more coy on Tuesday. "Honestly, I have no idea," Fitz said. "I really don't look at it like that." Fitz averaged a career low 11.1 yards per reception last season, but it was largely by design. He worked underneath with Michael Floyd and John Brown doing damage downfield. Fitz was far less productive with Floyd at full health, but still posted a sparkling 109/1,215/9 line. Although he's going on 33, there's little doubt Fitz could physically play more than one season. The question is if the mental steam will remain.

May 24 - 1:55 PM

I recall reading an article, I think it was by FBG, that indicated 33 was the year WRs tend to drop off.

Cardinals signed WR Larry Fitzgerald to a one-year, $11 million extension through 2017.

The Cardinals now have Fitzgerald under control for $22 million over the next two seasons. Fitzgerald showed that he has plenty left in the tank by snagging 109 catches for 1,215 yards and nine touchdowns last year. He did flame out late in the regular season, though Fitzgerald turned in a vintage effort against Green Bay in the postseason with eight catches for 176 yards in an overtime victory. The nine-time Pro Bowler turns 33 later this month.

23 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

He's still got it 

Sure does.

Got to hand it to Matt Waldman, he was very high in Fitz. I know it is only week 1 but he doesn't look any bit slower than last year.

The guy looks as good as ever.  I drafted him and benched him for Snead.  Snead had a great game and then Fitz was even better.  I sure hope he doesnt retire.

9 hours ago, pbandy1 said:

Sure does.

Got to hand it to Matt Waldman, he was very high in Fitz. I know it is only week 1 but he doesn't look any bit slower than last year.

While this is true, let's not forget he started off hot last year and then fizzled. I've got him in a league or two, so I like him, but just trying to be realistic here.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

While this is true, let's not forget he started off hot last year and then fizzled. I've got him in a league or two, so I like him, but just trying to be realistic here.

Yes, but last year he was really good when Floyd was out, and just pretty good when Floyd came back, for the most part. All the WRs were healthy this week, so it's good to see him have this kind of week.

1 minute ago, kutta said:

Yes, but last year he was really good when Floyd was out, and just pretty good when Floyd came back, for the most part. All the WRs were healthy this week, so it's good to see him have this kind of week.

Yeah, that's true about Floyd. But Brown had missed like 3 weeks with a concussion, so I'm curious if he didn't play as many snaps as he usually would have. I doubt we'll continue to see a 10-7-4 target split among them.

5 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Yeah, that's true about Floyd. But Brown had missed like 3 weeks with a concussion, so I'm curious if he didn't play as many snaps as he usually would have. I doubt we'll continue to see a 10-7-4 target split among them.

Agreed. Brown wasn't targeted much at all. It will be interesting to see the split going forward.

Larry Fitzgerald came down with eight catches for 81 yards and two touchdowns on 10 targets Sunday in the Cardinals' Week 1 loss to the Patriots.

Fitzgerald singlehandedly kept the Cardinals in Sunday’s game, bailing Carson Palmer out with big play after big play. His second touchdown of the night was a work of art as Fitzgerald made a sprawling catch in the back of the end zone against tight coverage from Logan Ryan. He was also extremely active on Arizona’s final drive of the night, securing three catches for 46 yards. Fitzgerald is reportedly considering retirement but obviously the 33-year-old has plenty left in the tank. He’ll be in the WR2/3 discussion against the Bucs in Week 2.

:rolleyes:

Just now, ponchsox said:

Larry Fitzgerald came down with eight catches for 81 yards and two touchdowns on 10 targets Sunday in the Cardinals' Week 1 loss to the Patriots.

Fitzgerald singlehandedly kept the Cardinals in Sunday’s game, bailing Carson Palmer out with big play after big play. His second touchdown of the night was a work of art as Fitzgerald made a sprawling catch in the back of the end zone against tight coverage from Logan Ryan. He was also extremely active on Arizona’s final drive of the night, securing three catches for 46 yards. Fitzgerald is reportedly considering retirement but obviously the 33-year-old has plenty left in the tank. He’ll be in the WR2/3 discussion against the Bucs in Week 2.

:rolleyes:

Yeah the most targeted WR in a high powered offense is just a WR2/3 next week. Believe Rotoworld had him ranked 39 in Week 1. They're not going to admit they were wrong after 1 week.

There was one catch last night towards the end of the game, he caught it and made a nice move up into the middle of the field but the CATCH was like he had magnets or something, like he could do that thing Travolta does with objects in Phenomenon, he is still so much better than 90% of them. 

This guy has completely retooled his play for this stage in his career and he's as good as ever. He's a rare combo of a slot guy with tight end power and has incredible instincts. And he doesn't drop anything. Rotoworld still calling him and wr3 :/

Not much talk of Fitzgerald since week 1.  I still view him as a solid WR2 and SF is a very attractive matchup.

Are folks starting him with confidence with Palmer out?  

1 hour ago, VaTerp said:

Not much talk of Fitzgerald since week 1.  I still view him as a solid WR2 and SF is a very attractive matchup.

Are folks starting him with confidence with Palmer out?  

Still in my lineup. Yeah Stanton is in, but it's not like the 49ers defense is anything special. I think a 5/60 game with the possibility of a TD, sounds about right.

Thinking that SF may do the "8-in-a-box" thing with David Johnson and having someone key on him, I think Fitz is a great play for this week.

Being the slot guy with virtually no TE might not affect Fitz as much as the other WRs minus Palmer.  But, this blurb from RW puts a little cold water on that fact.  

Larry Fitzgerald played in six of Stanton's eight starts in 2014 and came away with receiving lines of 6-51-0, 3-34-0, 3-57-0, 2-33-0, 4-34-0, 7-30-0.

Note...this was 2014

Just now, Yotes1 said:

Being the slot guy with virtually no TE might not affect Fitz as much as the other WRs minus Palmer.  But, this blurb from RW puts a little cold water on that fact.  

Larry Fitzgerald played in six of Stanton's eight starts in 2014 and came away with receiving lines of 6-51-0, 3-34-0, 3-57-0, 2-33-0, 4-34-0, 7-30-0.

Note...this was 2014

I wouldn't think he's a lock for a good game tonight, but of the 3 Cardinals' WRs, he's the one I would feel safest playing.

In non-PPR I am benching him for Mike Wallace. Open to reconsidering though...

FBG podcast opinion is Fitz is still a WR2 with Stanton. Could be? Just not an enticing situation to me.