What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Larry Fitzgerald (2 Viewers)

This is the 3rd or 4th time I read this today. If he's better than Stanton why has Stanton been starting? 

:shrug:
Yeah I love Fitz (traded for him then Palmer got injured that week) the matchup is tasty and Fitz is the passing game (I would argue he is the entire offense) but...Blaine Gabbert? :X

He's tentatively on my bench.

This is the 3rd or 4th time I read this today. If he's better than Stanton why has Stanton been starting? 

:shrug:
Arians has a serious man-crush on Stanton for some reason. It blows my mind that every year the cards still do nothing about their backup/future QB situation. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Gabbert is better than Stanton.

This isn't a compliment, but Gabbert is probably the best 3rd string QB in the league. He's definitely better at the short stuff though, Fitz could get peppered for short gains.

Whenever I watch the Cardinals, no matter how many targets Fitz gets, I always go away thinking they should have thrown him the ball more.  He's just that good. 

He got 10 targets yesterday and had 9 catches.  If I was Ariens, I would have told Gabbert he would be benched if Fitz didn't have 15 targets minimum.  I would rather target a well covered Fitz than an open John Brown with a guy like Gabbert or Stanton at QB.  Fitz catches 9 of 10 while the other 3 WRs (Brown, Brown, Nelson) are 5 of 12.  Even with Palmer in there, they don't throw enough to Fitz.  Long stretches of games he doesn't see the ball while the offense bogs down.  Just don't get it.

Whenever I watch the Cardinals, no matter how many targets Fitz gets, I always go away thinking they should have thrown him the ball more.  He's just that good. 

He got 10 targets yesterday and had 9 catches.  If I was Ariens, I would have told Gabbert he would be benched if Fitz didn't have 15 targets minimum.  I would rather target a well covered Fitz than an open John Brown with a guy like Gabbert or Stanton at QB.  Fitz catches 9 of 10 while the other 3 WRs (Brown, Brown, Nelson) are 5 of 12.  Even with Palmer in there, they don't throw enough to Fitz.  Long stretches of games he doesn't see the ball while the offense bogs down.  Just don't get it.
He should get a few more but sadly he can't do everything.

OK, anyone have the stones to start him vs. Jax this week? My main alternative is Sanu (also Parker and Corey Davis). As of now, I'm leaning Sanu for the safer floor, but I feel like every time I've ever bet against Fitz it's come back to haunt me.

OK, anyone have the stones to start him vs. Jax this week? My main alternative is Sanu (also Parker and Corey Davis). As of now, I'm leaning Sanu for the safer floor, but I feel like every time I've ever bet against Fitz it's come back to haunt me.
I won’t bench Fitz even if Manziel is throwing to him and they are playing the 85 Bears. 

I won’t bench Fitz even if Manziel is throwing to him and they are playing the 85 Bears. 
Reminds of the old Bears sketches on SNL. OK, let's say you're playing in a monsoon, you have Peterman at QB, the Seattle o-line (with Chazz Green replacing Duane Brown), the '85 Bears are allowed to sub in Earl Thomas and Deion, and the other defenders all have AR-15s aimed at Fitz's head.

(Thinks)

"Da Fitz!"

I wouldn't do it. Gotta ride this Fitz wave, even against the Jags. 

Coleman had 80 yards last week v. Jags.  I don't have the stones NOT to start Fitz. 

Tool said:
fair enough. still opens things up a bit more and makes it more likely they can move the ball.
Correct it shifts the defensive back rotation somewhat and improves the match ups across the board because of it. Without Ramsey Bouye becomes their best corner and easier to call plays that avoid him now, whereas before teams would be picking their poison more between him and Ramsey.

Its not like Fitzgerald is exclusively a slot WR anyways, although that may be where he is lining up most of the time. 

Well ended up making the right call and sat him last week when Ramsey was put back in.

How are people feeling this week? Better matchup than last week but still another tough one. Rams shut him down in first matchup earlier in year.

Did he get some yards taken away after the game or something?  I swear I saw him over 100 yards and then it dropped to 98.

He's an auto-start every week. Doesn't matter who is throwing to him or who is covering him. He is the passing game in Arizona and Arians has schemed incredibly well to give him frequent, high percentage opportunities. He has been mostly unstoppable this year.

Very few guys I would start over him.

What do we make of Fitz at this point for 2018? 

Will the coaching change affect him?

Is Sam Bradford good or bad for him?  (I know Sam Bradford is not good, but Fitz put up great numbers with Carson Palmer at QB...basically is Bradford a wash compared to Carson?)

Is Sam Bradford good or bad for him?  (I know Sam Bradford is not good, but Fitz put up great numbers with Carson Palmer at QB...basically is Bradford a wash compared to Carson?)
Bradford will help him, super accurate, perfect for Fitz.  Problem is Mike Glennon will prob be his QB for at least half the season.

Bradford is a good QB, its not his talent that is the problem, its his paper knees

Fitz owners, what would it take for you to move this guy in dynasty(ppr)? I've made a few fair offers I think in a few leagues that have all been rejected with no counters.

I haven't seen anything from Bradford to suggest he is anything other than eminently average.
I guess it depends on what kind of average that you mean.

Bradford can make some great throws at times. Couldn't have thrown it any better than that, and some difficult throws at times too.

He is pretty smart as well. Good at reading coverage. He can get the ball out quicker because of generally good pre snap reads.He does check down too much and isn't aggressive enough with giving covered receivers a chance to make a play on the ball. This isn't that bad if the overall offensive is good and has players who are good at generating YAC but it was a major complaint of Vikings fans in 2016 when the offensive line was soooo bad of course Bradford is trying to get the ball out right away and that usually means a shorter read.

I suppose people consider Eli Manning a bunch of other QBs average. The thing about Manning and Bradford though is when they are on they are playing pretty much perfect football. They can make some great throws that some QB in the league can't.

Which side are you on, trading away or acquiring Fitzgerald?
Looking to aquire. Do I need to give more? His trade value ranking on most sites is pretty low, including on this site. I would guess that's because there is no certainty he plays another year after this one.

Looking to aquire. Do I need to give more? His trade value ranking on most sites is pretty low, including on this site. I would guess that's because there is no certainty he plays another year after this one.
I suppose you could use this as justification to lowball like crazy.

Not sure the Fitzgerald owner will want to move him anyways. You would have to offer me something really good to pry him away from my team.

He is going to be 35 years old this August. A year when historically most WR have a steep decline. So use that to talk him down too.

Fitzgerald passed Randy Moss in career receiving yards last season. Yeah Randy Moss. He will pass Terrell Owens this season and be 2nd all time in receiving yards

I've tried to pair a young guy with potential and a 19 second rounder. Guys like Goodwin, Doctson, Corey Coleman, D. Parker.
I have also been going after Fitz, but at that price I'd let you have him.

Maybe you should try trading for Edelman instead.

Users who are viewing this thread