GreenNGold

Post here when coaches do something obviously stupid

1,143 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Steeler said:

C. Keenum is apparently going to be benched at halftime.  However, instead of actually doing it at halftime DEN has to run the kneel-down play to finish the half after the Rams punted.  Instead of letting Keenum run that last play, they bring in the backup QB to take the snap and kneel down.  However, this telegraphs to the Rams there will be a QB change - why give them that information unnecessarily?

Keep fans in the stadium by giving them hope?

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Steeler said:

C. Keenum is apparently going to be benched at halftime.  However, instead of actually doing it at halftime DEN has to run the kneel-down play to finish the half after the Rams punted.  Instead of letting Keenum run that last play, they bring in the backup QB to take the snap and kneel down.  However, this telegraphs to the Rams there will be a QB change - why give them that information unnecessarily?

From what I read, Keenum came out for a concussion check.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, [scooter] said:

From what I read, Keenum came out for a concussion check.

Keenum back in the game - nothing to see here.

Vance Joseph.

Take your pick.

Edited by Hilts
2 people like this

1 hour ago, Steeler said:

That was actually a decent call - trying to catch them by surprise - they just didn't execute it very well.  They were planning to do several laterals similar to the way a rugby team would do it.  Only problem is that the first lateral wasn't clean.  

I disagree, there was enough time to try one more pass into the end zone, and save that play for the next down. 

1 minute ago, Walking Boot said:

I disagree, there was enough time to try one more pass into the end zone, and save that play for the next down. 

that's why it was such a surprise.

gase - gore,gore,gore .get to 1 inch line.dont let your giant, 6'7 qb run a qb sneak for the one inch, hand off to drake 8 yards back.  wtf.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

Bills have josh Allen as qb 1 and Nate peterman as qb 2 and Colin Kaepernick on the street

I'd have been more confident in either Derek Anderson with like 3 days of learning the playbook or Logan Thomas who hasn't thrown an NFL pass in like 6 years rather than Peterman.  Brutal.

9 minutes ago, Tanner9919 said:

gase - gore,gore,gore .get to 1 inch line.dont let your giant, 6'7 qb run a qb sneak for the one inch, hand off to drake 8 yards back.  wtf.

My buddy was at the game. Right before that play I texted him "They should run a sneak to the 6-7 QB." 

That said, the play would have worked if Drake hadn't fumbled.

10 minutes ago, Sarlakticacid said:

How is Gruden not every post here?

Vance Joseph and Hue Jackson are deeply offended by that remark.

1 person likes this

Not going for 2 after kicking that fg is horrific 

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Not going for 2 after kicking that fg is horrific 

Only rationale I can think of is that there's enough time left in the game that he wasn't sure how scoring would play out. But the most likely explanation is that this is Andy Reid we're talking about.

2 people like this

32 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Only rationale I can think of is that there's enough time left in the game that he wasn't sure how scoring would play out. But the most likely explanation is that this is Andy Reid we're talking about.

And yet the game is tied...had they gone for two and not gotten it...they would have been chasing it the rest of the game.  

1 person likes this

Is Vance Joseph still having the time of his life?

3 people like this

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

There were like 5 touchdowns scored after that.  It was right to wait.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Sarlakticacid said:

How is Gruden not every post here?

Because he's scamming the Raiders out of $10 mill a year. Other than that, he is walking stupid.

1 person likes this

Tomlin continues to botch his use of challenges.  He challenged the spot on a 4th and 1 when it was obviously not a first down.  Later he doesn't challenge was looked to be a sure Conner TD which ultimately led to a FG.   It didn't cost the Steelers the game but someone on that team needs to help Tomlin out...

1 person likes this

Sean McDermot continued to allow Nate Peterman to earn an NFL paycheck.

2 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Tomlin continues to botch his use of challenges.  He challenged the spot on a 4th and 1 when it was obviously not a first down.  Later he doesn't challenge was looked to be a sure Conner TD which ultimately led to a FG.   It didn't cost the Steelers the game but someone on that team needs to help Tomlin out...

Came here to post this.  He got very lucky Ben and AB bailed him out or that could have cost them the game.

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

Because he's scamming the Raiders out of $10 mill a year. Other than that, he is walking stupid.

The Raiders are scamming Las Vegas out of $750 mill so they can afford it.

[Sorry, this should be in the "Post here when cities do something obviously stupid" thread]

Edited by CalBear
1 person likes this

Any Bill O'Brien playcall in the red zone. He is lucky the Texans were facing the dynamic duo of Allen/Peterman yesterday, or the Texans would have lost.

And his excuse for poor playcalling in the red zone is that playcalling in the redzone is hard. Okay. If it's hard for you, it's hard for all 32 play callers. Just don't be the worst (or 31st) of those 32 playcallers! You went to Brown University, put that to use, you nimrod!!

1 person likes this