What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on Brandon Marshall (1 Viewer)

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Saints could have interest in free agent Brandon Marshall.

The Saints signed Dez Bryant over Marshall earlier this week. With Bryant out for the year, they may circle back to Marshall as a veteran flyer. Marshall was a non-factor in Seattle the first seven weeks, but he could push Austin Carr and Ben Watson for targets.

Related: Saints

Source: ESPN

Nov 10 - 8:37 PM

Was Schefter on TV this morning? Some one on Saintsreport posted that Schefter now reports that Marshall WILL sign with the Saints this coming week.

Was Schefter on TV this morning? Some one on Saintsreport posted that Schefter now reports that Marshall WILL sign with the Saints this coming week.
ProFootballTalk is saying that the Saints "will try to sign" Marshall, but that seems to be based on this ESPN article where Schefter only says that "league sources believe the Saints will reach out and try to sign him".

So, it went from "league sources believe" to "WILL try to sign" in about 10 minutes.

Not sure I want to drop a player on my roster for this guy, but it is intriguing. Would any of you guys drop the likes of Goodwin or Peyton Barber for Marshall?

Not sure I want to drop a player on my roster for this guy, but it is intriguing. Would any of you guys drop the likes of Goodwin or Peyton Barber for Marshall?
If you mean Marquise Goodwin ... in a heartbeat. And I don't think Marshall will be much in FFB -- just think Goodwin is not getting anything done in 2018.

As for Barber ... depends on your overall roster. If he's your RB4 or 5 and not getting much run (not even flexes) ... then sure, why not?

I wasn't sure if Dez was toast yet but from what Marshall showed earlier this year it's clear he is.
I think Marshall could be effective in a coordinated offense. His limited game performances in Seattle probably do not denote his upside. Brees is a better QB, and he's the 2nd or 3rd tall WR on the Saints, where he was the only tall WR on the Hawks. I could see him providing a decent 3rd down/possession type WR - and on the Saints offense that player might be a good flex option in deeper leagues.

Deal is done.

Mike Triplett
ESPN Staff Write
r

The New Orleans Saints went from a three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver to a six-timer Monday when they signed veteran Brandon Marshall to a one-year deal to replace Dez Bryant.

Sean Payton confirmed the signing on Monday.

Both receivers auditioned for the Saints this past Tuesday. And sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Saints were impressed enough with Marshall's workout that they considered signing him even before Bryant tore his Achilles in practice on Friday.

Marshall's going to have to learn the playbook in small chunks since he's never played in an Air-Coryell-terminology offense like Dez Bryant did. That will keep him from being a FFB force this year. A handful of 3-45-TD lines are not out of the question, but FFB owners can't count on that in any particular week.

EDIT:

SID, Robert Meachem was on Matt Moscona's show this afternoon. Meachem was saying that there would actually be plays where Marshall wouldn't know the whole call, but would check with Brees in the huddle to find out which route to run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Free agent WR Brandon Marshall will work out for the Colts on Friday.

The six-time Pro Bowler looked spent last season, managing only 11 catches for 136 yards and one touchdown over a forgettable seven-game stint with Seattle. It's hard to see where Marshall fits in Indianapolis, where the Colts are already well-stocked at receiver with T.Y. Hilton, Devin Funchess and Parris Campbell along with pass-catching tight ends Jack Doyle and Eric Ebron. The 13-year vet ranks 22nd on the NFL's all-time receiving yards list (12,351).

RELATED: 

Indianapolis Colts

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Aug 2, 2019, 1:23 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread