What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Stills Train ..... (1 Viewer)

Did something happen that caused his stock to come back up? He was the rage as the season was starting.....why the renewed interest?

Did something happen that caused his stock to come back up? He was the rage as the season was starting.....why the renewed interest?
Especially with Moore probably playing this week. I don't get it.
He scored a TD in his last game.

Graham might be out.

Everyone is looking for the next rookie to break out.

Not much to go on, but this is a big bye week and some people are desperate. There are probably 6 or 7 other WRs on your wire with just as much of a chance to have a decent week.

Why is this train not on the first page with a 20 page thread? A new weapon for the Saints, on a roster with an aging Sproles/Colston? I love this guy. I'd like him better if he wasn't just a deep threat, but I think Drew is falling in love with this weapon.

Why is this train not on the first page with a 20 page thread? A new weapon for the Saints, on a roster with an aging Sproles/Colston? I love this guy. I'd like him better if he wasn't just a deep threat, but I think Drew is falling in love with this weapon.
Jimmy does a lot of things but one thing is he's a trusted security blanket, he gets Brees out of jams and trouble all the time.

Now Jimmy's hurt. Where to turn?

Vs the Pats there was that late deep pass in the end zone that Stills just grabbed 1 on 1. Beautiful, trust earned once.

The Bills game was just off, the Saints missed two scoring opportunities, the offense was sluggish without Jimmy, Sproles was largely covered (they saw that one coming I bet...) and once again, not only the deep bomb the first time but that same damn end zone jump ball that Stills got 1 on 1. I guarantee you Brees loves that. Basically this connection fished the Saints out of trouble twice vs the Bills because there was nothing doing between the 20s.

One key element here also is Colston - it's confirmed he's not the same. There was one high pass that was their bread and butter and Colston failed to jump and get it. They need a new place to turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Coach Sean Payton said Kenny Stills "continues to really play well at a high level and at a consistent level."
Stills has the No. 3 wideout role on lockdown and has produced six catches for 193 yards with three touchdowns over his last two games. But as we've seen with the likes of Robert Meachem and Devery Henderson, this situational deep threat job in the Saints' offense comes with a few peaks and lots of valleys. Stills is averaging just 3.2 targets per game on the year and has been held under 40 yards in four of seven games. If he's not catching a typically low-percentage bomb, he's going to hurt your fantasy team. It's the definition of "boom or bust."

Source: ESPN.com

If Hill had caught basically a pretty easy TD grab then 7 different receivers would have caught exactly 3 balls and Sproles would have been an 8th with 4. That's ridiculous spread.

Also, again if Hills catches that ball then TEs get 9 receptions together, so that's still where the meat of the passing game is going, it's not like Jimmy's receptions went to Moore or Sproles like was thought, at least not vs the Bills.

But if Colston and Moore do not start producing then those receptions do have to go somewhere, I don't think they will ignore the WR game forever and Stills is gaining trust with Brees. He's now fished him and the Saints out of trouble two games in a row now. If he does it three games in a row we're all going to be slapping our heads for underreacting.

He's better than Devery and can do more, for one thing he can catch the hell out of the ball and DH of course was a notorious dropper. For another I think Stills can do other things besides just run streak routes.

We might be miscasting Stills as a Devery Henderson clone, just because he's hit on some deep balls.

He's a rookie, so it's unlikely that he's a great route-runner yet. But that doesn't mean he can't turn into one. I'll feel better about his chances when we see his targets going up. But at this point, is there any reason to believe he can't be the number 2 WR on this team?

We might be miscasting Stills as a Devery Henderson clone, just because he's hit on some deep balls.

He's a rookie, so it's unlikely that he's a great route-runner yet. But that doesn't mean he can't turn into one. I'll feel better about his chances when we see his targets going up. But at this point, is there any reason to believe he can't be the number 2 WR on this team?
From a fantasy perspective, the lack of targets is a problem.

Who gets the nod in two wide sets? Stills played on 56% of offensive snaps last week where as Moore played on 39%. I have to assume however that they were easing Moore back in.

Stills and Moore are the definition of chasing points. Until/unless Graham is out, I'd have a hard time starting either of them.

Perhaps, but it's more about the matchup to me. The Jets pass defense has been giving it up a bit to secondary WRs.

Week 1 vs TB: Mike Williams - 4-52-1

Week 2 @ NE: Edelman - 13-78; Dobson - 3-56-1

Week 3 vs BUF: Woods - 2-35

Week 4 @ TEN: Washington? - 4-105-2; Wright? - 5-56; Williams - 5-53

Week 5 @ ATL: R,White - 4-45

Week 6 vs PIT: E.Sanders - 3-70-1

Week 7 vs NE: Edelman- 5-44; Dobson - 3-34; Thompkins - 2-16

Week 8 @ CIN: M.Jones - 8-122-4

So they shut down the Bills, a hobbled Roddy White, and Tom Brady the second time. And I'm not sure who the #1 is in TEN though I do remember Washington's big play when he hit the ref was vs Cromartie. Anyway, Jets look like a good matchup for 2nd/3rd WRs to me.

Cromartie is good, but nowhere near what he was last year. Milliner has been benched twice now. Creeping into bust territory. Darrin Walls replaced him. Honestly, I'm not sure who he is. 3rd year UDFA out of Notre Dame getting the first meaningful snaps of his career this year. Kyle Wilson has always been a joke. Landry/Allen are a decent safety pair, so gimme Kenny Stills on the outside vs Walls (or hopefully Milliner) in non-PPR, or Lance Moore in the slot vs Wilson in PPR. Allen was matched up on Gronk so he probably gets Graham, while Cromartie blankets Colston. Unless of course Rex sees Colston is just a shell of his former self and puts Cromartie on Graham and Allen on the big slow WR that has been mistaken for a TE before. If Graham hardly plays again, Cromartie may match up with Stills, but I doubt it's every down. All you need is one play...

Of course, Sproles / Thomas / Meachem (41% snap count wk 8 - season high?) / Toon (24% snap count wk 8) could throw a wrench in the works here. But I like Stills as a WR3 and Moore as a what the heck flex type this week.

Huge OU fan here and I can say that Kenny will fight for the ball and has good hands. He's probably not a guy you run over the middle a ton, but he is a willing to go there and does a pretty good job of finding soft spots in zone coverage.

I think he would be a nice pickup in dynasty with Colston, Sproles and Moore all looking like they've lost a step, but this year, I don't see him getting the targets to be more than a high upside, bye week fill in. Next year, I think he's an easy flex with WR2 potential.

I have him in over Amendola and E Sanders, but am re-thinking due to possible Cromartie coverage. Anyone else going back and forth on him this weekend?

I have him in over Amendola and E Sanders, but am re-thinking due to possible Cromartie coverage. Anyone else going back and forth on him this weekend?
Cromartie hasn't shut anyone down this season. And if anything, I would think Cromartie would be matched up on Colston.

Stills ran a lot more than deep routes at OU. He was pretty solid in college. Couldn't of landed in a better spot in the NFL for FF purposes. Brees likes to spread it around too much for him to be consistent, but as a flex play he will have plenty of upside IMHO.

I just replaced Boykin with Stills. 0.5 PPR favors Boykin but the news flow is all Stills right now.

Users who are viewing this thread