Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Chaser1439

Kenny Stills Train .....

Recommended Posts

Gase isn't pass happy correct? Last year CHI finished 25th in pass attempts per game. When he was in DEN they were definitely skewed more towards the pass but that likely has more to do with Peyton's historic run then anything else. I expect Tannehill to see a bump in efficiency like Cutler did but not for MIA to air it out. The pie isn't particularly large and if Stills were to become relevant I'd assume it'd come at the expense of Parker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching this 3rd preseason game rt now and I can't help but wonder:  are we missing the boat here on kenny stills?  Parker is an afterthought, stills is getting all the love from Tannehill....It looks as if he and tannehill have some good juju going on.  Still can be had in the last round of most drafts.  It's also making me wonder if Parker is being taken too high...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rickyg said:

Watching this 3rd preseason game rt now and I can't help but wonder:  are we missing the boat here on kenny stills?  Parker is an afterthought, stills is getting all the love from Tannehill....It looks as if he and tannehill have some good juju going on.  Still can be had in the last round of most drafts.  It's also making me wonder if Parker is being taken too high...

I am not sure if we are missing the boat, but I think he can do enough to make Parker a bust. Stills and Parker seem like similar players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

I am not sure if we are missing the boat, but I think he can do enough to make Parker a bust. Stills and Parker seem like similar players. 

Bingo...and tannehill; seems to have eyes for stills.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rickyg said:

Bingo...and tannehill; seems to have eyes for stills.  

for sure. Stills definitely being the go-to guy.

Also, I feel like Dion Sims is the tight end to have in MIA and not Cameron. Guy can't catch a thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I saw last season, from what Matt Harmon charted and what I have seen today, Parker just can't get separation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, pbandy1 said:

for sure. Stills definitely being the go-to guy.

Also, I feel like Dion Sims is the tight end to have in MIA and not Cameron. Guy can't catch a thing.

He looks like this year's Rishard Matthews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

From what I saw last season, from what Matt Harmon charted and what I have seen today, Parker just can't get separation. 

I'm not sure. He averaged 19 ypc last year on 26 catches and was 18.6 in 3 of his last 4 seasons at Louisville (per FFI). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parker was only in on 3 WR sets. Stills is ahead of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Kenny Stills caught 4-of-6 targets for 46 yards in the Dolphins' third preseason game.

 

Most importantly, Stills played ahead of DeVante Parker in two-receiver sets. The Dolphins are going to be a base-three-receiver team, but Stills' ascension is notable because he's generated minimal buzz in the fantasy community. NBC's Cris Collinsworth noted during Thursday night's game that the Dolphins "are stunned at what a great leader Kenny Stills has turned into." In Miami's last two preseason games, Stills has 117 yards and two touchdowns on seven catches. Particularly in best-ball leagues, Stills needs to be taken seriously as a late-round fantasy pick.
 
 
 
Aug 25 - 9:57 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Kenny Stills' back "locked up" at Monday's practice, and the injury is "not considered serious."

 

It was initially reported as a leg injury for Stills, but after reading practice reports, it was pretty evident Stills was grabbing at his back after some end-zone work. Consider him day to day. Stills should be fine for Week 1.
 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, thatguythere said:

I wish it wasn't serious when my lower back locks up.

Having your back lock up while eating pizza on the couch with the remote in your hand is different from having your back lock up while running routes as a high performance NFL receiver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2016 at 9:43 AM, georg013 said:

Having your back lock up while eating pizza on the couch with the remote in your hand is different from having your back lock up while running routes as a high performance NFL receiver.

No #### Sherlock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stills wasn't listed on the injury report today, I suppose the back injury wasn't serious after all.

We've recently learned that Parker's hamstring injury, the one that is likely to keep him out this week, is to a different leg than the one he injured earlier in the summer. 

Is Stills not the defacto second option in this passing game for as long as Parker is out? Gase is going to tailor this offense to its strengths, so it's not as if Stills is going to be force fed, but he's going to be on the field a ton and garner enough low percentage/high value looks that I think he can make some noise. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SameSongNDance said:

Stills wasn't listed on the injury report today, I suppose the back injury wasn't serious after all.

We've recently learned that Parker's hamstring injury, the one that is likely to keep him out this week, is to a different leg than the one he injured earlier in the summer. 

Is Stills not the defacto second option in this passing game for as long as Parker is out? Gase is going to tailor this offense to its strengths, so it's not as if Stills is going to be force fed, but he's going to be on the field a ton and garner enough low percentage/high value looks that I think he can make some noise. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Yes, but can Tannehill get him the ball. Stills only caught 43% of the passes thrown his way (source: FFI). Tannehill has missed lots of open WRs on deep patterns the past 4 years - Wallace, Hartline, etc. Also, Seattle and then NE, both on the on the road, are tough places to start.

On the positive side, when Pouncey comes back (hip, questionable for game 1), Miami has a good o-line, especially pass-blocking. The best fantasy hope for Stills is for Miami to get behind and have to play catch-up. And maybe Gase is a miracle worker. I think pre-season was a tease. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stills is going undrafted, might not be a great week 1 but I expect Stills to see a lot more targets than last year. Clearly the WR2 in this offense in 2016. 

Also expect Landry to catch 120 balls...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Yes, but can Tannehill get him the ball. Stills only caught 43% of the passes thrown his way (source: FFI). Tannehill has missed lots of open WRs on deep patterns the past 4 years - Wallace, Hartline, etc. Also, Seattle and then NE, both on the on the road, are tough places to start.

On the positive side, when Pouncey comes back (hip, questionable for game 1), Miami has a good o-line, especially pass-blocking. The best fantasy hope for Stills is for Miami to get behind and have to play catch-up. And maybe Gase is a Miracle Worker. I think pre-season was a tease.

Wow yeah, that value is super low even for a WR with his skill set; this is Ted Ginn territory. You do have to assume that a lot of those targets were uncatchable.

Gase doesn't have to be a miracle worker perse but will have to improve Tannehills game to some extent for Stills to be fantasy relevant this year. Here's an interesting article on Tannehill's deep ball. TLDR version: Some of the blame needs to be placed on his receivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

Wow yeah, that value is super low even for a WR with his skill set; this is Ted Ginn territory. You do have to assume that a lot of those targets were uncatchable.

Gase doesn't have to be a miracle worker perse but will have to improve Tannehills game to some extent for Stills to be fantasy relevant this year. Here's an interesting article on Tannehill's deep ball. TLDR version: Some of the blame needs to be placed on his receivers. 

Tannehill has improved on the deep ball, no question about it. But there's no way he's better than Russell Wilson and Drew Brees on the really deep pass - let's say over 30 yards downfield. BTW, the analysis in the article classifies a deep pass as over 20 yards.

The stats say that some QBs got better in their 5th season, so there is hope for Tannehill to blossom in year 5. Dalton, Eli Manning and even Drew Brees had stats similar to Tannehill in their first 4 years in the league. But there are some intangibles that seem to be missing from Tannehill - pocket presence, field vision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Stills is going undrafted, might not be a great week 1 but I expect Stills to see a lot more targets than last year. Clearly the WR2 in this offense in 2016. 

Also expect Landry to catch 120 balls...

The first 3 of 4 games are a tough stretch for the Phins, but I think he is going to be someone owners will be :doh:over eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The first 3 of 4 games are a tough stretch for the Phins, but I think he is going to be someone owners will be :doh:over eventually.

Can you clarify what your emoticon means? Haha, I'm not dense, but that emoticon can mean 2 very different things for me. it looks like he is conveying frustration and I get that with the slap to the forehead. What trips me up is the smile after. Is that to say that the owners of Stills will be like, "oh jesus I drafted this loser" for the first 3-4 games that you say are tough and then the smile means afterwards it is going to be all good and everyone is happy with him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hartliner said:

Can you clarify what your emoticon means? Haha, I'm not dense, but that emoticon can mean 2 very different things for me. it looks like he is conveying frustration and I get that with the slap to the forehead. What trips me up is the smile after. Is that to say that the owners of Stills will be like, "oh jesus I drafted this loser" for the first 3-4 games that you say are tough and then the smile means afterwards it is going to be all good and everyone is happy with him? 

Ha yeah, you're right sorry. I didn't mean his owners will think Stills is someone they would regret drafting. I meant the last part, it might take a few games but I think his owners will be glad they got him and knew he would produce all along and others will wish they drafted him and will be sorry they didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000866890/article/five-things-to-watch-for-in-ravensdolphins-on-tnf?campaign=Twitter_atn

4. Kenny Stills' numbers with Cutler through five games this season: 14 catches for 163 yards and two scores. Stills' numbers with Moore through a little less than half of Sunday's game against the Jets: four catches for 42 yards and two scores. It's clear Moore has a rapport with Stills that the receiver didn't necessarily have with Cutler. It even dates back to last season, when Stills caught three touchdowns from Moore in the final three weeks of the season as Moore filled in for the injured Ryan Tannehill. Needless to say, expect a lot of balls to be headed Stills' way Thursday night.

Quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/75307/179/matchup-dolphins--ravens

Kenny Stills was his typically volatile, big-play-dependent self in Moore’s last-year starts, tallying stat lines of 1/52/1, 3/35/1, 4/41/1, 5/82/0. Stills’ five targets ranked second on the team after Moore came off the bench in last week’s win. Against a stout Ravens secondary, however, Stills remains a dart-throw WR4/flex. …

Seems like there's some differences of opinions on Stills this week.  I picked him up, if Parker doesn't play I'll likely slot him in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2016 at 5:09 AM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Ha yeah, you're right sorry. I didn't mean his owners will think Stills is someone they would regret drafting. I meant the last part, it might take a few games but I think his owners will be glad they got him and knew he would produce all along and others will wish they drafted him and will be sorry they didn't.

Seems good on the call so far 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to decide between Funchess and Stills since Parker is out.

They’re so close I’m thinking of going with my heart as a Dolphins fan. May backfire but this is supposed to be about having fun right?!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

Trying to decide between Funchess and Stills since Parker is out.

They’re so close I’m thinking of going with my heart as a Dolphins fan. May backfire but this is supposed to be about having fun right?!

Still seems to have a good connection with Moore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

Trying to decide between Funchess and Stills since Parker is out.

They’re so close I’m thinking of going with my heart as a Dolphins fan. May backfire but this is supposed to be about having fun right?!

Funchess all day. It’s all smiles until the box score is final

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oddsbodkins said:

Hell yes. In over Corey Davis since Stills has done it before. 

In over r. Anderson for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, need2know said:

In over r. Anderson for me

over Anderson is ballsy. RA has scored 4 straight games and even though the matchup isn't great, he should get some nice GTP. Sit at our own peril. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FGITLOTR said:

over Anderson is ballsy. RA has scored 4 straight games and even though the matchup isn't great, he should get some nice GTP. Sit at our own peril. 

It is.  I like Robby Anderson.  I have played him three straight weeks.  But this matchup with Carolina stinks.  He got lucky in that tb game with a garbage TD but they all count.  Ne game should be higher scoring and I know Miami will have to pass to keep up with Tom.  Both are good plays.  Just going with the better game script and higher scoring game.  

Edited by need2know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2017 at 9:49 AM, need2know said:

It is.  I like Robby Anderson.  I have played him three straight weeks.  But this matchup with Carolina stinks.  He got lucky in that tb game with a garbage TD but they all count.  Ne game should be higher scoring and I know Miami will have to pass to keep up with Tom.  Both are good plays.  Just going with the better game script and higher scoring game.  

Anderson can't be benched moving forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2017 at 9:18 PM, FGITLOTR said:

over Anderson is ballsy. RA has scored 4 straight games and even though the matchup isn't great, he should get some nice GTP. Sit at our own peril. 

$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FGITLOTR said:

Anderson can't be benched moving forward. 

Completely agree.  It cost me my game this week:sadbanana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both coach Adam Gase and Ryan Tannehill praised Kenny Stills after Week 1, saying there is "a lot of trust there."

"We know he’s a vertical threat. He showed that again, that he’s still able to do that," Gase said. "There’s [going to be] more underneath and there’s [going to be] more as far as receptions per game go, to where maybe instead of four catches for 100 yards, it might end up being like seven or eight catches, where there might be a couple of shorter throws in there." Tannehill added, "He knows exactly what to do. He’s able to kind of lead that room." Stills was third on Miami with five Week 1 targets but obviously did the most damage with a 4-106-2 line. He'll have a shot at his first 1,000-yard season if this steady progression continues.

Source: ESPN.com 

Sep 12 - 9:14 AM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, thecardiackid said:

Anyone starting stills this week?  If so, over who?

I may over d adams pending the injuries in gb.

Cardiac, in your particular case (I'm an Adams owners also) if Rodgers sits I would bench Davante Adams.   DeShone Kizer is just awful, and that just complicates Adams being shadowed by Xavier Rhodes.  

The Jets secondary gave up big games to both Kenny Golladay and Golden Tate in Week 1.  Stills scored 3 TDs in his last 3 meetings vs. Gang Green.  I really like Stills this year (missed out on getting him by 1 pick in the 10th round); should hit 1000 yards this  year.  

Good Luck. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14-teamer with Double Flex (W/T and W/R/T), drafted Stills in the 8th Round, pick 5 (103rd overall). With Parker hurt Stills has a chance to rally carve out a large role in the offense. Probably won't be the #1 (Amendola) but he certainly can be the #2 WR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.