What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Stills Train ..... (1 Viewer)

14-teamer with Double Flex (W/T and W/R/T), drafted Stills in the 8th Round, pick 5 (103rd overall). With Parker hurt Stills has a chance to rally carve out a large role in the offense. Probably won't be the #1 (Amendola) but he certainly can be the #2 WR
How do you see Dola as the 1? I think Stills will be the straw that stirs the drink in that passing game. Not sure who leads in targets, but Stills should be top fanasty receiver. 

How do you see Dola as the 1? I think Stills will be the straw that stirs the drink in that passing game. Not sure who leads in targets, but Stills should be top fanasty receiver. 
Amendola can be that safety valve-intermediate guy for Tannehill, certainly seemed like it on Sunday. Stills' biggest obstacle is that he is typecast as a low volume, big play speed guy; he always seems to get between 4-7 targets and has to win on getting big plays. However the snap count numbers are VERY encouraging, he was on the field for 95% of the snaps (most of any WR).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in game one Amendola got a lot more targets while Stills only got 5 so maybe that's what he means? Fantasy wise Stills is obviously a much better option.

Well in game one Amendola got a lot more targets while Stills only got 5 so maybe that's what he means? Fantasy wise Stills is obviously a much better option.
This kinda; Tannehill has had a much better rapport with Amendola underneath so most times he'll get more low risk targets. Per Roto:

Kenny Stills was Miami's big-play weapon, while Amendola (six targets), Jakeem Grant (seven), and Albert Wilson (four) essentially shared time.
 It remains to be seen if Stills can be the #1 guy when Parker comes back. Would love to see Kenny get a 9-10 target game.

Iv you're a Stills owner you're ecstatic:

DeVante Parker (finger) is inactive for Week 2 against the Jets.

Parker is essentially a healthy scratch after it was reported late in the week he would make his 2018 debut. Instead, the Fins are sticking with Kenny Stills, Danny Amendola, Albert Wilson, and Jakeem Grant as their top-four receivers. The Dolphins should soon begin listening to trade offers for Parker.
He practiced this week and he got healthy scratched. Stills outlook looks very secure.

This game is what you worry about with Stills... if he doesn't convert on a big play, you get games like this. He had 3 targets, caught 2 and had 17 yards.

This game is what you worry about with Stills... if he doesn't convert on a big play, you get games like this. He had 3 targets, caught 2 and had 17 yards.
This is what you will likely get when you start him, last week he was probably on most team's benches and that's when he scores points. It's a crapshoot with that passing offense I'm afraid.

Kenny Stills - WR -  Dolphins

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Kenny Stills (groin) is expected to be active Week 9 against the Jets.

This negates a report from Adam Schefter, who reported the receiver would sit. Rapoport reports Stills had a good pre-game warmup, however, and the Dolphins will let him play. We will know for sure in about five minutes.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Nov 4 - 11:27 AM

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are shopping Kenny Stills.

The Fins have also made LB Kiko Alonso and S Reshad Jones available for trade. According to a report filed by Barry Jackson and Adam Beasley, Miami is unlikely to find a trade partner for Alonso and Stills as many teams are waiting to see if they'll get cut. One of the more outspoken players in the league, Stills may have punched his ticket out of Miami by criticizing owner Stephen Ross for his support of Donald Trump. A prototypical boom-or-bust deep threat with 4.38 wheels, the seventh-year wideout shouldn't hurt for interest if the Dolphins are serious about moving him.

SOURCE: Miami Herald

Aug 25, 2019, 11:43 AM ET

Texans acquired WR Kenny Stills, LT Laremy Tunsil, and a fourth-round pick from the Dolphins in exchange for two first-round picks, a second-round pick, DB Johnson Bademosi, and OT Julie'n Davenport.

Stills is headed to Houston as part of the Laremy Tunsil trade. Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Texans are surrendering a "huge package of picks, including a first-rounder." With second-year pro Keke Coutee once again battling injury, Stills will immediately slot in as the No. 3 wideout behind DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller. Considering Fuller's injury history, Stills could be the No. 2 before long. A versatile player capable of hitting home runs, Stills has long deserved a bigger role, though on paper that is not something he will be getting in Houston. He will be part of a dynamic offense for the first time since he was in New Orleans, however. For fantasy, he should be treated as a matchup-dependent WR4/5.

RELATED: 

Miami Dolphins

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Aug 31, 2019, 5:21 PM ET

I got Coutee and Fuller on my bench. Thinking I won’t target Stills on the WW.  Stills could be the #2, if Fuller and Coutee are both hurt.

i think he’s the WR4 on this team

I got Coutee and Fuller on my bench. Thinking I won’t target Stills on the WW.  Stills could be the #2, if Fuller and Coutee are both hurt.

i think he’s the WR4 on this team
Given how much was given up in this trade, do you really think he is going to be WR4?  I am guessing he will at least be WR3.  This has to improve his value.

Given how much was given up in this trade, do you really think he is going to be WR4?  I am guessing he will at least be WR3.  This has to improve his value.
Who does he overtake if all are healthy? Bold and italicize healthy though.

A WR4 on this team is probably a WR3.

I would guess Coutee.
I guess that’s my issue though. At this point, do we have enough info to confirm that he would overtake. 

Coutee injury doesn’t seem to be holding him out past week 2.

Dolphins management have been trying to trade him.

Should I drop coutee for Stills?

I guess that’s my issue though. At this point, do we have enough info to confirm that he would overtake. 

Coutee injury doesn’t seem to be holding him out past week 2.

Dolphins management have been trying to trade him.

Should I drop coutee for Stills?
I don't follow HOU that closely so I am not confident advising. However, Stills is an experienced veteran WR that the team went out to get and Coutee wasn't exactly a star--he was a 4th round pick who had 28 receptions last year who is starting the season injured.  It looks to me like Stills is a better bet but not sure how this shakes out.

As a Texans fan, I suspect Stills starts as the formation and fill in WR3/4 until an injury happens. 

Hopkins is the possession/go-to. Fuller is the deep threat. Coutee is to be the slot/short stuff. 

With Houston getting Duke, the guy before Miller’s injury most affected was Coutee. I suspect he’s still most affected. 

In 3 WR sets, I suspect it’ll be Hop/Fuller/Stills. Other than that, I think his game translates best to fitting into the Fuller role and spelling him for rests. I think there is plenty to share going around in Houston. 

In short, the guy now most affected is probably Fuller (to WR3 territory). Stills probably stays WR3 territory with injury upside. Coutee is probably driven further down by Duke and Stills. Hop is the surprise beneficiary because maybe at least one of the others can stay healthy enough to take some pressure off his side of the field. 

Kenny Stills caught all three of his targets for 37 yards and one touchdown in the Texans' Week 1 loss to the Saints.

Stills appeared to stick a dagger in the Saints by catching a 37-yard touchdown with 37 seconds left to play to put the Texans up by one, but Drew Brees got the Saints close enough for Wil Lutz to make a 57-yard field goal. Stills was in and out of the lineup along with DeAndre Carter in place of Keke Coutee (ankle), who was inactive. Stills is still learning the intricacies of the offense. His big-play ability is undeniable, but Stills isn't a fantasy starter right now.

Sep 9, 2019, 11:21 PM ET

Even though he had a good personal moment tonight...............

STILLS is not that good, he never was.   Neither was CROSBY , and neither was NASH .

TZM

Texans coach Bill O'Brien expects Kenny Stills' role to grow moving forward.

Stills played a modest 27 snaps in New Orleans, as many as DeAndre Carter. He still managed to catch all three of his targets, including a 37-yard touchdown that nearly won the game. The question for Stills will be his playing time once always-injured Keke Coutee returns, though Stills could easily claim No. 3 duties for himself.
For the first time I'm starting to believe Stills could take that #3 WR job. Coutee keeps getting hurt and Stills is a solid vet who should look to ball out now that he's free of Miami. I am a big Coutee fan but he better hope he's a fast healer, Stills showed he still has gamebreaking speed yesterday and he isn't necessarily redundant with Will Fuller.

Anyone else in a quandary having to pick between Stills and Coutee? I'm in a non-ppt league and can only keep one guy..I'm leaning Stills. 

Kenny Stills (hamstring) was taken to the locker room in the second quarter of the Texans' Week 4 matchup against the Panthers.

Stills is questionable to return. He pulled up very gingerly after making a short catch and was immediately taken into the medical tent for further examination. It'd be surprising if he's able to return at anything close to 100%. Keke Coutee will take Stills' spot in 3-WR sets.

SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter.

Sep 29, 2019, 1:38 PM ET

Kenny Stills (hamstring) practiced again on Thursday.

Stills figured to be slapped with another "limited" tag, but he is now in good position to return after missing Week 5. The Chiefs are a good matchup, but Stills and Keke Coutee are canceling each other out from a fantasy perspective.

SOURCE: Sarah Barshop on Twitter

Oct 10, 2019, 1:43 PM ET

Kenny Stills (hamstring) is practicing in full for Week 7 against the Colts.

It means Stills will return after missing the past two games. Keke Coutee caught just seven balls for 103 yards during Stills' absence, with 51 of those yards coming on one reception. As was the case when Stills was first healthy, he and Coutee will cancel each other out from a fantasy perspective behind war horses DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller.

Oct 17, 2019, 4:49 PM ET

Kenny Stills caught 4-of-5 targets for 105 yards in the Texans' Week 7 loss to the Colts

Stills and Deshaun Watson hooked up for multiple 40-plus yard completions on Sunday. The former Dolphins’ WR worked as the offense’s lead field-stretching option with Will Fuller (hamstring) sidelined for all but a quarter. Keke Coutee will be involved if Fuller is out for next week’s matchup against the Raiders, but Stills’ deep-ball ability is a more fantasy-friendly match with Watson. Both are best approached as boom-or-bust WR3s for Week 8.
Notable because he would start if Fuller is out next week.

Im not bidding on Ty. Im bidding $37/$200 on stills. Not sure id that's enough. I don't need a WR but I think he has WR2 upside. 
Right, I just think lots of players will get distracted by Ty and it will lead to reduced costs for Stills. I current;y have a 40% bid and am worried it's too big. I might be able to just do 25-30.

Im not bidding on Ty. Im bidding $37/$200 on stills. Not sure id that's enough. I don't need a WR but I think he has WR2 upside. 
Exactly how I feel about him.  Are you concerned Fuller will make it back later in the season?   That's my only worry.  

So i got him for 37! Now im considering playing him over either Hilton (vs Harris) or Chark. The matchup vs Oakland is too good to ignore. 

I got him for 37/200, Just checked and next highest bid was $5.
Oof. That smarts. I guess people were sleeping on him. I think it's a great opportunity to have a WR2 through their bye, at the least. Assuming they don't trade for Anderson. Or AJ Green.

I drank the other juice and went C Davis over K Stills. I could drink the blue juice and switch back.

I can see a bomb TD to Stills.

I drank the other juice and went C Davis over K Stills. I could drink the blue juice and switch back.

I can see a bomb TD to Stills.
I got Davis for free in my other league last week. Saw the writing on the wall when they made the QB change. I think Id rather have Stills if I had a choice but Davis for cheaper might be the better play.

What is there to debate about Godwin?
Tenn is 6th best vs WRs. They held Julio, TY, and Keenan Allen to just 4 catches each for 43, 52, 61 yards. Didn’t look at what others did but these guys are studs who were basically shut down. I’m sure Godwin can get 4 catches also, with potential of more, but how much more?I I think Stills torches the Giants, with atleast 1 TD and a floor of 4 catches for 60 plus yards.

Tenn is 6th best vs WRs. They held Julio, TY, and Keenan Allen to just 4 catches each for 43, 52, 61 yards. Didn’t look at what others did but these guys are studs who were basically shut down. I’m sure Godwin can get 4 catches also, with potential of more, but how much more?I I think Stills torches the Giants, with atleast 1 TD and a floor of 4 catches for 60 plus yards.
Stills plays Oakland

Users who are viewing this thread