What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty rankings (1 Viewer)

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
It would be nice to see these updated as the season goes along. It certainly helps when evaluating trades, to see how players are moving up or down. I realize everyone has a lot on their plate, but it would take less time to update, if they were updated regularly - you're probably only moving a few players each update.

From a dynasty perspective, this time of year, before trade deadlines, may be as important as draft time.

This is especially true on the offensive side of the ball. Not convinced you gain much of an advantage on the defensive side (part of the reason they don't update them as often, I assume).

Schemes and situations change far too quickly and studs become also rans in an instant. With DB's in particular, as Jene often points out. Not to mention the dreaded DE to LB or DT to DE switches.

I can appreciate the request... just think dynasty rankings for defensive players have limited value.

It would be nice to see these updated as the season goes along. It certainly helps when evaluating trades, to see how players are moving up or down. I realize everyone has a lot on their plate, but it would take less time to update, if they were updated regularly - you're probably only moving a few players each update.

From a dynasty perspective, this time of year, before trade deadlines, may be as important as draft time.
:goodposting:

I could't agree with this more. I keep checking in the hopes that Norton and the guys will update the IDP rankings. It would really help for a non-contender like me who is building a core for the future to couple with 2014 draft picks.

Obviously all the footballguys already do a lot. This is just on my wish list this time of year.

Last edited by a moderator:
J Giles Band said:
This is especially true on the offensive side of the ball. Not convinced you gain much of an advantage on the defensive side (part of the reason they don't update them as often, I assume).

Schemes and situations change far too quickly and studs become also rans in an instant. With DB's in particular, as Jene often points out. Not to mention the dreaded DE to LB or DT to DE switches.

I can appreciate the request... just think dynasty rankings for defensive players have limited value.
:goodposting:

I agree it will be very useful in planning for the future in dynasty leagues especially for owners who are looking at next year and beyond. Not too many websites post updated dynasty IDP rankings, so it would be a nice addition here.

FBG handles IDP dynasty rankings in a similar fashion to re-draft, whereas the timing of dynasty owner needs are the exact opposite of that schedule.

Dynasty owners need player rankings in-season for trading/UFA needs, and starting early in the following year in anticipation of RFA and rookie drafts.

Everyone understands that things change but evaluation based on knowledge of a player's talent/potential situation at that point in time would be highly beneficial.

FBG handles IDP dynasty rankings in a similar fashion to re-draft, whereas the timing of dynasty owner needs are the exact opposite of that schedule.

Dynasty owners need player rankings in-season for trading/UFA needs, and starting early in the following year in anticipation of RFA and rookie drafts.

Everyone understands that things change but evaluation based on knowledge of a player's talent/potential situation at that point in time would be highly beneficial.
Well said.

Users who are viewing this thread