What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mychal Kendricks (1 Viewer)

TheBottomLine

Footballguy
Couldn't find a thread on him so I figured I'd start one. I'm a Kendricks owner in two leagues and am happy that he finally broke out this week. Anybody watch this game? How'd he look? I know the Giants dominated time of possession, 38 minutes to 22 minutes, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. Still good to see him go off for 11 solos, as he had averaged 3.75 solos over the previous four games. Hope this is a sign of things to come, especially if Philly's offense remains a mess and has a hard time staying on the field.

He's going to end up the 2nd best LB in his class. The bright spot t me for the year is he's missed a ton of tackles. I've tried to buy-low on him because not everyone realize how many points he's left on the field this season.

He's going to end up the 2nd best LB in his class. The bright spot t me for the year is he's missed a ton of tackles. I've tried to buy-low on him because not everyone realize how many points he's left on the field this season.
Behind Kuechly I'm assuming? What about Bobby Wagner and Lavonte David? Or even Vontaze Burfict and Zach Brown who are solid? You like him more than those guys?

I have Lavonte David and Vontaze Burfict and I would not trade either for Kendricks, who is actually a FA in my league.

Behind Kuechly I'm assuming? What about Bobby Wagner and Lavonte David? Or even Vontaze Burfict and Zach Brown who are solid? You like him more than those guys?
Yea after Kuechly of course. He's a better athlete. I just think he has more upside

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing tackles is a good thing? Somebody is in love with his guy. I own him in 2 leagues but I'm not thrilled about it. He really hasn't done much and he's in a good situation.

I wrote him off for dead in redraft leagues and now that the Eagles have become worse at sustaining drives this makes me interested since Kendricks theoretically should improve his tackling at some point or be replaced in the lineup.

He is the worst rated ILB at PFF (among those with at least 25% of their team's snap, 51 out of 51 players). I always try to keep that in mind when a guy starts to have good stats in fantasy, because it could blow up in your face one day if he is benched because of "real football performance".

He is the worst rated ILB at PFF (among those with at least 25% of their team's snap, 51 out of 51 players). I always try to keep that in mind when a guy starts to have good stats in fantasy, because it could blow up in your face one day if he is benched because of "real football performance".
Good to know. I was really hoping he'd break out, I own him in 2 dynasty leagues. I didn't realize it was this bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, quality post. Thanks.

Kendricks is not getting benched. The entire Eagles defense played bad learning a new scheme to start the season. He'll be fine.

Kendricks is not getting benched. The entire Eagles defense played bad learning a new scheme to start the season. He'll be fine.
Completely agree. Although Kendricks played this role in college so he should be very familiar with it. Either way, I don't see him getting benched. Still thinks he carries good value in dynasty leagues.

From Ross Miles on Pro Football Focus:

Plenty of IDP experts were high on Kendricks entering the 2013 season, and although he hasn’t washed out, I don’t think he’d be called a success either. As Jeff Ratcliffe and I discussed recently on our weekly podcast, Kendricks has actually improved dramatically on the field so owners concerned about his real-life benching can allay those fears. If someone did react too soon and release Kendricks do yourself a favour and pick him up. He’s had back-to-back double digit tackle games, both including a tackle for loss and he also added a sack last week. Now he’s more certain to remain in a three-down role for the Eagles I’m more confident he’s a LB2 play each week.

Source: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/05/idp-waiver-wire-week-10-2/

He should be relevant again soon. He's just healing, and they're working him in slowly. I think he'll be a definite start against Carolina in two weeks and possible start against the Texans this week. I'm waiting for Carolina unless I hear more about extended use.

Here's the latest news on Kendricks:

Linebacker Mychal Kendricks practiced after he returned to the field Sunday with a calf injury. Defensive coordinator Bill Davis said Kendricks is "real close" to playing at full strength.

"We didn't go backwards in the game with his injuries," Davis said. "So we're moving forward. Doesn't mean he's healed all the way yet, but we're closer and closer to getting that 100 percent."

Nj.com is a reliable source, but I got the quotes from Philly.com and csnphilly.com, which are two of the best sources for Eagles fans, which I am a die-hard fan of. I hope you're right because I would love to play Kendricks against Carolina in two weeks. Dave Spadaro from philadelphieagles.com is another great source for Eagles info and updates on injuries. Vincent Rey usually fills in well for Burfict when he's out.

I wouldn't start him until he proves that he can play the whole game. If he feels slight discomfort during the game, they will take precautionary measures and take him out. I wouldn't take that chance.

Well with Ryans going down I would think his value gets a big boost now. I actually didn't play him like I said after some of the comments here. I ended up dropping him for Demario Davis, NYJ guy I never really heard of. I feel fortunate I was able to pick him back up today.

Those hamstring injuries are tough to project. After coming back too early a few weeks ago, I wouldn't be surprised if he sat a bit longer this time.. I own him in dynasty and am missing his usual solid production.

Which two should I keep Kendricks, PBrown, Jenkins or Hicks?

Or I can keep three, by dropping either Barron or Burnett.

This week is not a crucial win week for me.

PFT reporting Kendricks on the trade block. Given that they slashed his playing time and he has a strong salary, Im not sure how much itnerest he will receive.

If he is cut then you have to think the Giants would be all over him. Lose lose for the Eagles.

Raiders might look at him now though as a missing cog on their defense.

Definetely time to get him if you can

With the rumor that New Orleans may be shopping Cooks and Philly being interested I could see Kendricks headed to New Orleans as part of a potential deal.  That could be decent for him. This would be pure speculation on my part.

To the Browns...yuck.  Seems like a crowded LB room.  So how do you all think this will shake out?

To the Browns...yuck.  Seems like a crowded LB room.  So how do you all think this will shake out?
Ian Rappaport thinks he's going to be part of a heavy rotation..

------------------------------------------------

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

FollowFollow @RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Kendricks can make more than $3M in 2018, a nice payday in June. With as many packages as they’ll play, the #Browns will be able to utilize Collins, Kirksey, Kendricks and the Pro Bowler Joe Schobert.

The club drafted Genard Avery in the fifth round and seemed set with Joe Shobert but they got caught short last year when Jamie Collins went down and they really needed depth and could use a vet.   Mychal was too-good to pass up and even though Joe Schobert went to the Pro Bowl.  Kendricks can play inside or outside same with Kirksey.  Collins isn't coming off the field.  

My best guess is they will rotate Schobert and give Kirksey a breather at times.  Kendricks will play and might even beat out Schobert.

Good signing for the Browns, they needed a vet who can be the utility man to play both inside and outside for depth and even compete to start in the middle.  

Ian Rappaport thinks he's going to be part of a heavy rotation..

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

FollowFollow @RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Kendricks can make more than $3M in 2018, a nice payday in June. With as many packages as they’ll play, the #Browns will be able to utilize Collins, Kirksey, Kendricks and the Pro Bowler Joe Schobert.

The club drafted Genard Avery in the fifth round and seemed set with Joe Shobert but they got caught short last year when Jamie Collins went down and they really needed depth and could use a vet.   Mychal was too-good to pass up and even though Joe Schobert went to the Pro Bowl.  Kendricks can play inside or outside same with Kirksey.  Collins isn't coming off the field.  

My best guess is they will rotate Schobert and give Kirksey a breather at times.  Kendricks will play and might even beat out Schobert.

Good signing for the Browns, they needed a vet who can be the utility man to play both inside and outside for depth and even compete to start in the middle.  
Good for the Browns, brutal for IDP owners.  

Collins has never been a tackle machine, he's gonna have to make it up to his owners in big plays.  

Tough to figure how the rest of the snaps will break down.  

It looks like the Saints LB core from last year. No idea how it would shake out until late into camp/pre-season and no guarantee it wouldn't change through the season, anyway. Best guess right now is Kendricks is depth, especially given the young age of Schobert & Kirksey. 

Personally, I had added and stashed Kendricks last season and just dropped him to trim my roster to where it needs to be. Too much guessing and too many other targets for my waiver wire darts. I am deep at LB, though, which makes it easier. 

Many speculated he would be a perfect signing for the Steelers considering they missed out on trading up for a MLB but it never happened.

Kendricks is apparently known to be a flake.

Weirdness:

...Which speaks to Kendricks’ – ahem -- quirkiness.

He preferred joining an 0-16 team rather than prolonging his agony as a defrocked starter on a Super Bowl winner.

Kendricks also reacted strangely angrily to reports over the weekend that he was joining the Browns. In one brief interview, he denied the reports with more bleeps than in a Comedy Central Roast. He tweeted at NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, who originally broke the story: “You will never have my respect.”

One long-time Philadelphia newspaperman described Kendricks thusly: “Flakiest guy I’ve ever covered. Very elusive guy to interview and gives head-scratching answers when you do corner him. Good luck.”

Users who are viewing this thread