What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

True Detective: Tom went in to listen to the Cardinals game...in November. Mmmmmhmmmm... (1 Viewer)

Looking forward this although only 8 episodes. It is my understanding this will be an anthology series so each season will be a totally different story and cast which could make it pretty great.

Looking forward this although only 8 episodes. It is my understanding this will be an anthology series so each season will be a totally different story and cast which could make it pretty great.
I think the 8-12 episode seasons format is one of the main reasons why some of the best TV of all time is continually rolling out. Eight is a little on the shy side but that just makes each episode more intense.

is this the series premier? i feel like its been advertised forever
It is. They have been pushing it hard and for good reason, it has a killer cast and could be a big hit for the channel. It's not too often you get a TV show with 2 movie stars as big as MM and Woody.

Really excited for this show but just found out about the anthology angle. This is unclear, probably purposely, in all the promotions I've seen. Leaving me a little disappointed, but I was wondering why someone like MM would sign up for a series like this. Someone like Buscemi, I get.

Really excited for this show but just found out about the anthology angle. This is unclear, probably purposely, in all the promotions I've seen. Leaving me a little disappointed, but I was wondering why someone like MM would sign up for a series like this. Someone like Buscemi, I get.
You can't really show in a trailer what next season would be like since it hasn't been shot. Going into American Horror Story, I didn't know it would be an anthology and it wasn't clear from the previews or the season. However, it has worked, it has been a huge hit and managed to always keep things interesting. While some cast members have stayed on in new roles, it also consistently brought in new high quality actors. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 big names in the 2nd season of TD.

I thought I forgot about this last weekend, and went to HBOgo to watch. I jumped the gun, so just watched the 3 other videos they had on there, and then watched Mud with MM.

This looks promising.

So next season will be something totally different with a new cast??

I thought I forgot about this last weekend, and went to HBOgo to watch. I jumped the gun, so just watched the 3 other videos they had on there, and then watched Mud with MM.

This looks promising.

So next season will be something totally different with a new cast??
Yes, American Horror Story seems to be the inspiration here. AHS keeps some of the cast members, but in different roles for each season. The one connection is that each season is a horror story. First was a haunted house, second was a mental hospital in the 50s, and the current season is about witches/voodoo in New Orleans. I imagine each season will be some sort of murder investigation but the city, actors, and maybe even time period will change.

It's an HBO prestige project without the commitment of a 5-7 season series. Why not?

It's an HBO prestige project without the commitment of a 5-7 season series. Why not?
Works for me. I trust HBO. At first I thought this was just going to be a 3-4 episode miniseries, so I'm excited we get 8.

I'm just happy Alexandra Doddario is showing us her named body while it is in its prime. Bless you HBO

Looks awesome. I fully expect one, if not both, of McConaughey and Woody to get nominated for Emmy's for this. Maybe thats high expectations, but it looks great, and its HBO.

I never thought Id say that about MM a few years ago, but he has had a really strong stretch of performances/films the last few years. Killer Joe, The Paperboy, Mud, Bernie, Dallas Buyers Club. Im pretty sure he'll deliver based on the concept with True Detective.

It will be here a couple of hours after it is over.
Seriously, delete that link from your post. Ive told plenty here about that site, but you dont just link it here like that. PM him it.

If that site gets shut down, I blame you and I'll bang your mother as well as her mother whether she is alive or dead.

There is a reason we have PMs around here guy.

Looks awesome. I fully expect one, if not both, of McConaughey and Woody to get nominated for Emmy's for this. Maybe thats high expectations, but it looks great, and its HBO.

I never thought Id say that about MM a few years ago, but he has had a really strong stretch of performances/films the last few years. Killer Joe, The Paperboy, Mud, Bernie, Dallas Buyers Club. Im pretty sure he'll deliver based on the concept with True Detective.
He killed it in a bit part in Wolf of Wall St.

Users who are viewing this thread