What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

one great sentence (1 Viewer)

fatness

Footballguy
Once in awhile there's an article containing a sentence so awesome that the rest of the article doesn't matter much. Here's one I saw recently. Feel free to add yours.

The pair said the course was tough, with several hills in addition to the zombies lurching for their brains.

As the dark and mysterious stranger approached, Angela bit her lip anxiously, hoping with every nerve, cell, and fiber of her being that this would be the one man who would understand – who would take her away from all this – and who would not just squeeze her boob and make a loud honking noise, as all the others had.

From Grantland last year during the Finals when Leonard had dunked on Miller. Thought this was awesome...

I want to see Kawhi Leonard's Blood Meridian of a dunk on Mike Miller depicted in the most fevered Cormac McCarthy prose you could possibly imagine. "And then rising from the hard planks like a pheasant startled by shot the cornrowed elongated youth swung down his arm and it was as if fire fell with his swing and truth fell with it and something fell too that was neither fire nor truth but that could perhaps have been called beauty and that was more terrible than fire or truth by far."

Howie McLennon:

Before they met, his heart was a frozen block of ice, scarred by the skate blades of broken relationships, then she came along and like a beautiful Zamboni flooded his heart with warmth, scraped away the ugly slushy bits, and dumped them in the empty parking lot of his soul.

As an ornithologist, George was fascinated by the fact that urine and feces mix in birds’ rectums to form a unified, homogeneous slurry that is expelled through defecation, although eying Greta's face, and sensing the reaction of the congregation, he immediately realized he should have used a different analogy to describe their relationship in his wedding vows.

Howie McLennon:

Before they met, his heart was a frozen block of ice, scarred by the skate blades of broken relationships, then she came along and like a beautiful Zamboni flooded his heart with warmth, scraped away the ugly slushy bits, and dumped them in the empty parking lot of his soul.
:toilet:

As an ornithologist, George was fascinated by the fact that urine and feces mix in birds’ rectums to form a unified, homogeneous slurry that is expelled through defecation, although eying Greta's face, and sensing the reaction of the congregation, he immediately realized he should have used a different analogy to describe their relationship in his wedding vows.
:lmao:

UFC Middleweight Kendall "The Spider" Grove

God gave me long arms and long legs for a reason: that is to

punch people and to kick people in the face from a long

distance.

This could be a Far Side caption.

He forcibly picked into the back, the base of the bill and mostly into the back of the head of the dead mallard for about two minutes, then mounted the corpse and started to copulate, with great force, almost continuously picking the side of the head
mallard necrophilia (pdf)

"I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."

wdcrob said:
Before the tumultuous night was over, they told police, (Mayor) Ford would call a cab driver a “Paki,” deride several top aides as “Liberal #####es,” burst into tears about his deceased father and tell a former staffer that “I banged your #####.”
Ford is a train wreck, but he's comedy gold.

Jewell said:
wdcrob said:
Before the tumultuous night was over, they told police, (Mayor) Ford would call a cab driver a “Paki,” deride several top aides as “Liberal #####es,” burst into tears about his deceased father and tell a former staffer that “I banged your #####.”
He's Chris Farley as mayor of a major city.

Mr. Ected said:
Jewell said:
wdcrob said:
He's Chris Farley as mayor of a major city.
Can you imagine what Farley would be doing to this guy if he was alive?
coke together?

“He let himself be led into the night, into the forest, into the blind secret wordless, thoughtless country.”

“They slept profoundly, desperately, greedily, as though for the last time, as though they had been condemned to stay awake forever and had to drink in all the sleep in the world during these last hours. ”

From our very own college football thread:

"Maybe Ohio State and Baylor can murder somebody and the Big Pink Express will be on its way to Pasadena"

Users who are viewing this thread