What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime "Watch Instantly" gems: FBGs recommended (1 Viewer)

Here what I have noticed is on amazon prime that is not on netflix.

Downton Abbey, Justified, Falling Skies, Under the Dome, The Good Wife, Suits, Sports Night, The Shield

Dr. Strangelove, Chinatown, Goodfellas, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Christmas Vacation, European Vacation, Goonies, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, Ace Ventura When Nature Calls

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like Sci-Fi TV, Farscape & Stargate SG1 both dropped off Netflix streaming sometime in the last year but are on Prime still.

Here what I have noticed is on amazon prime that is not on netflix.

Downton Abbey, Justified, Falling Skies, Under the Dome, The Good Wife, Suits, Sports Night, The Shield

Dr. Strangelove, Chinatown, Goodfellas, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Christmas Vacation, European Vacation, Goonies, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, Ace Ventura When Nature Calls
Battlstar Galatica is a great show that is on Prime.

Sell me on Amazon Prime. I took my first foray into catching up on Breaking Bad. Downloaded first 2 seasons on my Ipad for viewing on planes. Worked great. Watching Season 3 now streaming on Netflix. Other reasons for Amazon Prime? Besides 2 day shipping?

Judge Smails said:
Sell me on Amazon Prime. I took my first foray into catching up on Breaking Bad. Downloaded first 2 seasons on my Ipad for viewing on planes. Worked great. Watching Season 3 now streaming on Netflix. Other reasons for Amazon Prime? Besides 2 day shipping?
Kindle lending library :shrug:

Judge Smails said:
The way I see it the two day shipping pays for itself and the free movies, TV and books shows are an added bonus. Of course the wife buys a ton a stuff online since we have three young kids and I work very long hours.

Also at 80 dollars total a year the streaming service is a little cheaper than the Netflix services at 9 dollars month. Though think Netflix has a little better content then Amazon Prime.

BoltBacker said:
You could just say what they are.

Well #### me. Just got a transformer tablet and I can't stream amazon instant videos to it? So lame. Anyone have a workaround?

This week they are launching two new original content comedies with Alpha House and Betas. I have watched the pilot for both and Alpha House would be my #1 new comedy this year and Betas would be #3 behind Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Well #### me. Just got a transformer tablet and I can't stream amazon instant videos to it? So lame. Anyone have a workaround?
TF300T here. I've had no problems streaming from prime in the past
What browser? What android version?I get this warning

Amazon Instant Video uses the Adobe Flash. We can take you to the Adobe website where you can quickly install the latest free version of the Flash.

Install Adobe Flash

Use the install instructions provided by Adobe. When you're done, then return here to continue watching.

Try to install flash and get this

We're Sorry

This content requires Adobe Flash Player, which is not supported by your device. This content can be viewed on a desktop computer or on mobile devices that support Flash Player.

Try to install flash and get this

We're Sorry

This content requires Adobe Flash Player, which is not supported by your device. This content can be viewed on a desktop computer or on mobile devices that support Flash Player.
Don't have the tablet with me. I think the last OS update on tablet was about 1-2 months ago and I believe I've streamed prime video on there since then, but I mostly use the app on the TV.

I use the stock browser for most things (including sites where flash is used) but have found that firefox (or chrome) works better for some streaming sites so there may have been a plug-in or extension to install. I can check this evening and let you know if you don't figure it out before then.

Got it figured out. Chrome doesn't support flash and couldn't get Dolphin or anything to work.

Finally found a download for flash that works in Firefox.

Really annoying that there isn't a Prime Video app for Android, yet there is one for iOS

They have the first 5 episodes up for Alpha House and rolling out one a week. It is easily my favorite new show this year. Love the cast and the dynamic they bring together.

They have the first 5 episodes up for Alpha House and rolling out one a week. It is easily my favorite new show this year. Love the cast and the dynamic they bring together.
I watched the pilot last night, and enjoyed it a lot,

Also in case you missed the thread bump, the Red Dawn remake is no streaming.

I watched the pilot last night, and enjoyed it a lot,

Also in case you missed the thread bump, the Red Dawn remake is no streaming.
Watched Red Dawn yesterday. Not as bad as I expected, but I was rooting for the younger brother to die from the opening scene. Who the hell doesn't run out of bounds with 15 seconds on the clock?

This week they are launching two new original content comedies with Alpha House and Betas. I have watched the pilot for both and Alpha House would be my #1 new comedy this year and Betas would be #3 behind Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
I am enjoying Betas :shrug:

Is it worth sticking with under the dome? In underwhelmed after 4 episodes other than dean Norris.
It gets slightly better, but it can only go so far within the parameters of being on CBS. You won't hate yourself for watching it, but there's no compelling reason to.

Is it worth sticking with under the dome? In underwhelmed after 4 episodes other than dean Norris.
It gets slightly better, but it can only go so far within the parameters of being on CBS. You won't hate yourself for watching it, but there's no compelling reason to.
I finished it last night, but it's mostly pretty bad. The acting is awful and a lot of the scenarios are just dumb. Is the book better? I may just read that and skip future seasons, if there are any.

Is there an Amazon Prime equivalent to InstantWatcher? Just signed up and looking for a good way to find shows/movies as they are added.

Is there an Amazon Prime equivalent to InstantWatcher? Just signed up and looking for a good way to find shows/movies as they are added.
In the top right corner of instant watcher is an "Amazon Video Search" link. Click it and you have the Amazon version but seems more limited.

I have both Netflix and Prime. I do like Netflix's Interface better but I am starting to enjoy the HBO exclusive on Prime

One to add, Six Feet under

I have both Netflix and Prime. I do like Netflix's Interface better but I am starting to enjoy the HBO exclusive on Prime

One to add, Six Feet under
The interface for the Firestick is so much better than the console app. I'm not sure why they don't roll it out to all platforms.

Mozart in the Jungle is pretty good

Users who are viewing this thread