What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Halfway home pulse - What's your record thru 8 games? (1 Viewer)

PR Sparty

Footballguy
17-7 (7-1, 5-3 , 5-3) or .708 winning percentage

8 wins appears to be the magic number to make the playoffs in all three of my leagues.

2 money leagues 12 team redraft. 1st place in both by a game. 7-1, 6-2. The 7-1 I was gifted mccoy and charles, got luck at qb, aj, k. Allen, white, blackmon, ty hilton at wr, cameron at te. 6-2 got peyton, nelson, decker, moore, white, julious thomas at te, and a bunch of underperforming rbs namely trich, sproles, vereen, p. Thomas. Like my chances in both to at least finish in the money

Last edited by a moderator:
Dynasty 1st year 5-3

Dynasty 11th year, but my first year in league 1-5-2 (started blowing team up in preseason; roster as constituted when I took over had no shot at success in 2013. 16-team league and even at 1-5-2 there are three teams with a worse record.)

Keeper 6-2

Redraft 2-6

The keeper and redraft are free leagues. That redraft league will be my first crappy performance in one since 2003.

7-1 (1st place 12-team PPR)

5-3 (3rd place 12-team PPR)

5-3 (5th place 14-team non-PPR)

4-4 (3rd place 12-team .5 PPR)

Two All Play Dynasty leagues: 52-36, 38-34

Redraft - Play double headers: 12-4

Redraft - 3-5 (but only one game out of division lead with Roddy, Demarco, Vereen, and maybe Finley coming back).

In my big money league I'm 3-5 right now. The worst part is that it's simply a painful 3-5. Should be about 6-2 right now but some awkward start/sit calls on my part and some unlucky matchups led to several close losses. I'm also 3rd in scoring in my league while somehow sitting in 9th place.

Week 1 - L: I lost by about 5 points despite playing against Manning and his 7 TDs.

Week 2 - L: Started Mike Williams over Tavon Austin and lost by about 6 points.

Week 3 - L: Had the honor of playing Russell Wilson's 4 TD game and Jordan Cameron's 3 TD game in the same week.

Week 4 - L: Had to play the guy who broke out league record in scoring (6 seasons old league with no scoring chances since). And I came in second in points that week, was still about 40 points shy. (He had Drew Brees 4 TDs, Torrey Smith 166 yds, 1 TD, Alshon Jeffery 134 yards 1 TD ... Foster 171 yards 1 TD, Reggie Bush 173 yards 1 TD) rough week.

Week 8 - L: Lost by 10 points. Sat Jimmy Graham for Heath Miller and sat Terrance Williams for Colston and started Rueben Randle over DeAngelo Williams in my flex. The New Orleans game REALLY screwed me this week. Also (IDP) had 2 of my IDP players get injured in the first quarter of the game and leave. Probably would have made up the difference too.

Not making excuses, it's just been a painful season to lose so horribly every week even though my teams doing well. I made a run the past 3 weeks to at least be 3-5 right now and only be a game out of the playoffs. Still though, been rough sledding this season.

4-4 and 2nd in scoring. division leader is 6-2 who consistently starts danny woodhead, nate washington, austin pettis and the like. H2H is a Head scratcher sometimes

I'm having a balling year. I don't have a losing record team. That's not gonna last, but still pretty cool.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

+ 3rd in a total points league (not H2H)

I'm having a balling year. I don't have a losing record team. That's not gonna last, but still pretty cool.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

Except for the league you stole $300 in (Legends IV).

Dynasty 1st year 5-3

Dynasty 11th year, but my first year in league 1-5-2 (started blowing team up in preseason; roster as constituted when I took over had no shot at success in 2013. 16-team league and even at 1-5-2 there are three teams with a worse record.)

Keeper 6-2

Redraft 2-6

The keeper and redraft are free leagues. That redraft league will be my first crappy performance in one since 2003.
How do you have two ties? Do you guys score by the tens?

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

Yeah he is a pathetic 2-6 there, after drafting a washed up team and deciding to quit in middle of Year 1. Loser. Would hate to see the level of competition in the leagues where he has winning records.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

Yeah he is a pathetic 2-6 there, after drafting a washed up team and deciding to quit in middle of Year 1. Loser. Would hate to see the level of competition in the leagues where he has winning records.
Maybe he's dropped out of all the other leagues he's losing in as well?

7-1 in my only league. First place out of 12 teams!

Overcame drafting Doug Martin, Bowe, Colston, Vincent Brown, and Darren McFadden by doing some moves that paid off:

Drafted QB after round 8 with Romo and Rivers.

Waited on TE, drafting Cameron and Gates after round 11.

Drafted Blackmon round 12.

Made timely WW pickups: KC Defense, Moreno, Keenan Allen, Fred Jackson.

Pulled off a mega trade for Megatron, by dealing Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden for him after Week 1 to the Wilson/Vereen owner who panicked.

I'm feeling really good about how this season worked out, in spite of a less than perfect draft. Thanks Shark Pool, for the great advice.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

Not only did he drop out of Legends IV he secretly got his $300 back from LeagueSafe before doing it.

6 - 2

6 - 2

6 - 2

2 - 6

Not really sure what the deal is with the 2 - 6 team. It seems like it barely loses each week.

All my 6 - 2's are in first place.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

Wow. Congrats! And hey, you are the same guy who took $300 from our funds! Nice going #######!!!

Dynasty 1st year 5-3

Keeper 6-2

Redraft 2-6

How do you have two ties? Do you guys score by the tens?
League started in 2004 with 1980s style scoring. The only thing new school about the league is we use IDPs and a salary cap. In a 3-week stretch my opponents outscored me by 2 points and I went 0-1-2. The only ties this year involved my team

5-3 in all four leagues I'm in. I'd say one team is underachieving slightly (lost a game by less than a point), one is slightly overachieving, and the other two are just about right.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

You must be forgetting the league that you are 2-6 in where you took back your $300 league fees without telling anyone. But other than that, you're a standup guy!

6-2 and running away in one league.

2-6 and in a 3-way tie for the basement in the other.

Funny how this stuff works itself out.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

You must be forgetting the league that you are 2-6 in where you took back your $300 league fees without telling anyone. But other than that, you're a standup guy!
Ouch. This is why I won't join leagues where I don't know at least a large majority of the people. At least not when they are for $$$$.

How do you "take back your league fees" in LeagueSafe? Thought that was the whole point of that setup?

5-3 in my main league, tied for 1st with the lowest points of the 3, but not feeling terribly confident...

How do you "take back your league fees" in LeagueSafe? Thought that was the whole point of that setup?
We're trying to figure out why LeagueSafe allowed him to do that.
He was initially appointed treasurer of the league, then when there was a commissioner switch, it was suggested the new commish take over the leaguesafe responsibilities, which we did. However, somehow Josh (Meyerj31) was able to get a refund from leaguesafe in early September and he continued managing his team as if nothing had happened. He even went as far as recently trading Calvin Johnson. It amazes as to why he continued to play his team each week. I guess he thought if he won money he would say in the end that the "refund thing" was an accident and appeal to our good conscious to pay him winnings. Regardless, it's a sad turn of events for sure.

We're trying to figure out why LeagueSafe allowed him to do that.
He was initially appointed treasurer of the league, then when there was a commissioner switch, it was suggested the new commish take over the leaguesafe responsibilities, which we did. However, somehow Josh (Meyerj31) was able to get a refund from leaguesafe in early September and he continued managing his team as if nothing had happened. He even went as far as recently trading Calvin Johnson. It amazes as to why he continued to play his team each week. I guess he thought if he won money he would say in the end that the "refund thing" was an accident and appeal to our good conscious to pay him winnings. Regardless, it's a sad turn of events for sure.
That's the biggest thing - if he wanted out of the league - why didn't he just drop out and tell us? I'm sure we could've found another owner. It really seems like he had much worse intentions than just getting his buy-in back.

It appears that they made an error that violates their own Terms and Conditions. I'm giving them an opportunity to rectify the issue; I'll post more details once something has been determined one way or another.

My 5 important leagues are 29-11 (.725), with the worse one being 5-3 and 4th in the standings.

Overall I am 50-30. (.625)

Unfortunately in my 5 important leagues my first round picks were: Martin, Martin, Richardson, Rice, and Calvin.

I'm only happy with one of those 5.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

Not only did he drop out of Legends IV he secretly got his $300 back from LeagueSafe before doing it.
People like this, somehow, should be on a list so other people know of their histories. Thanks to you guys, this guy is now on my list of disregarding every post he makes. Using the "block" tool will come in handy for this guy as well.

Otherwise, to try and stay on topic, though the above idiot's dealings are far more interesting...my team is 1st overall at 6-2, but other teams are clipping at my heels. Definitely not feeling confident, and trying to swing some trades as a result.

6-2 (2nd Place)

5-3 (2nd Place in very competitive league) I have the 2nd most points for, but the most points against.

Geez there's a lot of shady stuff that goes on in different leagues. I've been through it as well in the past.

8-0, #1 in points in my free (yet prestigious and competitive) 12 team PPR Reddit league, the NarFFL.

5-3, #2 in points in my 12 team Re-Draft PPR (13th year), $200 buy in.

5-3, #2 in points in my 12 team "Going Deep" PPR league, $25 buy in.

Just gotta keep scoring points and hope the scheduling evens out.

Users who are viewing this thread