What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andrew Luck..... Love fest inside.... (2 Viewers)

Carter_Can_Fly

Footballguy
What we know:

Andrew Luck just turned 24 years of age and is arguably the most important player to his team in the entire NFL.

Having watched every game of Luck's NFL career the kid is still remarkably underrated. I know that is hard to believe as he is often times seen as a poster boy and compared to the elite guys. The thing is what he has done with Indy over the last season and a half is borderline ridiculous and this year he is having an MVP season and is already as elite as they come.

Take last game for instance against the Houston Texans on the road. Luck and the Colts offence struggled mightliy the first half. What do you expect though when you are starting one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL and your starting WR's are DHB (a WR 4 at best), Ty Hilton (2nd year), and Griff Whalen (1st game). Now I know Hilton can make plays and has upside but we are talking about a 2nd year WR that is far from established. The running game was ineffective and this O line would struggle to block a CFL defence. You add Fleener to the mix and he is a second year TE that has a ton of room for growth and is still a ways away from being a good player in the NFL.

What does Luck do in that Texans game? He puts the team on his back and wills out the win. The stat line of only completing 18 of 40 passes does not look great percentage wise, but he threw for 271 yards, 3tds and no ints. This looked like a game where the majority of veteran QB's would pack it in and not only lose the game but lose it on their team and recivers along the way. Luck though is the ultimate team and natural born leader. He continues to motivate, encourage and work the side lines instilling confidence in his young team. He could have folded multiple times in that game and instead he pulls out yet another 4th quarter win. He has 10 fourth quarter come backs in only 24 NFL starts. The kid just has no quit in him and has already established himself as one of the most clutch players playing today.

The team at 6 and 2 has knocked off SB favorites Seattle, Denver, and San Fran this year.

Luck is on pace to throw for 3700 yards with 26 td's to 6 ints. He also is on pace to add 366 rushing yards and 6 rushing td's.

You could not find me 3 more important players to their team this year than Andrew Luck. It is amazing what he continues to do each week after only turning 24 years of age two months ago.

The Colts franchise have been blessed yet again.

Yea f the colts. The kid is great.

Signed,

Bitter texans fan who realizes the teams window is closed.
As a Vikings fan I understand how fast these windows close.
As a Giants fan I am struggling to even locate where the window is let alone if it is open or closed.
You won 2 Superbowls with your current QB and you're crying about a window? Seriously?
Good point.

However, the window should still be open with this current roster imo.

Yea thankfully DHB is on a 1 year contract.

Crazy how Grigson has brought in so many FAs to cover weaknesses everywhere except WR. Have to assume help is on the way though

Get this guy a true WR1 and the sky is the limit IMO. Quickly one of my favorite players in the NFL.

Yea thankfully DHB is on a 1 year contract.

Crazy how Grigson has brought in so many FAs to cover weaknesses everywhere except WR. Have to assume help is on the way though
He has. He brought in Avery in 2012, and DHB - or as I call him, Avery 2.0 - this year.

I was really upset when they didn't draft a WR this spring. It was a pretty deep draft class for WRs with a number of guys that could've been Wayne's eventual heir. Not sure TY is that guy, and positive DHB isn't.

What's the FA market looking like at WR this offseason? Seeing Indy doesn't have a first, maybe they can land a guy that way.

I don't think he needs a superstar, just more competent bodies surrounding him. Shore-up the oline and add a chain-mover. Eric Decker I think is a free agent and seems like he would fit their system well.

When I was looking at his stats, I couldn't help but remember a few years back Peyton talking about how one of his primary goals every year is single digit int's and how that is a hard one to achieve...

Carter_Can_Fly said:
SacramentoBob said:
Carter_Can_Fly said:
VikingFrog said:
jamil said:

Signed,

As a Giants fan I am struggling to even locate where the window is let alone if it is open or closed.
You won 2 Superbowls with your current QB and you're crying about a window? Seriously?
Good point.

However, the window should still be open with this current roster imo.
Don't the Giants have everyone just where they want them? :shrug:

Eli doesn't look like a leader... running game sucks... Coach should be fired... blah-blah-blah... bye week... then run the table and win the Super Bowl.

I'm riding Luck until the wheels fall off in as many leagues (Dynasty) as possible... we should make this a HOF thread.

:tebow:

Last edited by a moderator:
jurb26 said:
Get this guy a true WR1 and the sky is the limit IMO. Quickly one of my favorite players in the NFL.
Although aging, Reggie Wayne is certainly a #1. Hilton is one of the best #2s too, although that could largely be his qb.

I suspect they will either bring in a guy like nicks or draft a wr. Their trade for Trent clearly shows they want to improve luck's weapons.

Carter_Can_Fly said:
VikingFrog said:
jamil said:

Signed,

Lions fan here, telling the giants fan to shut up! ;)

jurb26 said:
Although aging, Reggie Wayne is certainly a #1. Hilton is one of the best #2s too, although that could largely be his qb. I suspect they will either bring in a guy like nicks or draft a wr. Their trade for Trent clearly shows they want to improve luck's weapons.
You're right, Wayne was a legit WR1. He is done for the year now, however. On top of that he will be 35 in a few weeks. He has had a great career but I think it's about over. Even though he was a legit WR1 up until now I think we've been seeing a decline from him the past few years. Hilton is a decent option but in reality I think he's a slot/WR2 guy and not a true WR1. He's a complementary player who can be awesome in the right conditions. I like his big play ability and downfield acumen.

Nicks would be the perfect fit for Indy and what they need IMO. It's probably a pipe dream of them landing him, though. He's a big bodied guy who can create mismatches and move the chains, yet also capable of down field plays. I think with a guy like Hilton on the other side to play the deep role, he would flourish.

The problem is, Indy gave up their first round pick for what appears to be a flop, Richardson. They are a team with a good amount of needs and those start on the oline if you ask me. So, I think it's more likely that Indy continues to try cheap solutions to the WR delema, ie Avery and DHB the past few years. These are fine players, don't get me wrong. But not the solution Indy needs. They need a WR1 for Luck to really reach his fantasy potential. Now, perhaps Indy feels they can win real football games without that. They may be right given what they've done this year.

I've said in other threads I hope J. Martin ends up in Indy once that circus is put to bed. I say that because I think he could turn his career around there and I feel he is a talented young player. With the leadership Indy has I don't see any potential issues with him on that roster and it could provide a much needed upgrade to the oline. Then, Indy could focus on WR and D, with some shots at online maybe. The good thing about this draft coming up is there appears to be a deep WR group. I think solid talent can be had into round 3 but again, are there any guys with WR1 potential? Who knows. I really like J. Landry as a sleeper in this class and feel he fits that bill. He reminds me of R. Randel a few years ago, but I think he's more explosive. Ok, I'm rambling....

I am very interested as has been talked about by a few in this thread of what Indy does at WR next season. I really don't think they offer up anything to DHB as he is on a one year deal and proving he is nothing more then a WR 4 type. They will probably draft a guy, and sign someone as an upgrade over DHB. Perhaps Jordy Nelson or Nicks. They may also see what they have in a guy like Rogers who is ultra talented guy on their practice squad. I know many will say he can't even beat a guy out like Whalen now, but Whalen is strictly there due to knowing Peps system.

As I was stating earlier and for those of you that don't see many Indy games yesterday was not a fluke. This kid is truly a gamer and just wills his team.

As I was stating earlier and for those of you that don't see many Indy games yesterday was not a fluke. This kid is truly a gamer and just wills his team.
The drive that ended in his TD fumble recovery run, that may have been the best drive I have ever seen from an NFL QB. He has to put the whole team on his back because his skill players are just sad. He has one of the worst collection of weapons to work with in the entire NFL. I like Hilton, good playmaker, but he is far from a polished #1 NFL WR. I mean Luck literally had to do everything that drive.

I have thought for quite a while that I like this team, and this team with Luck, better than I ever liked the Manning led Colts. I mean that not just in terms of enjoying the games, but the team Is just better overall than it used to be and it's early in this program. And I think Luck will be more successful. Already he has done something Manning has never done, and as we all know Manning had a ton of comebacks. No Wayne, no big time RB, really awesome performance.

Kid is the truth and I'm glad we will get to see many more years of these types of performances. His athleticism, shown on the play mentioned by Ilov80s, has always been underrated; definitely a thoroughbred.

He has one of the worst collection of weapons to work with in the entire NFL. I like Hilton, good playmaker, but he is far from a polished #1 NFL WR. I mean Luck literally had to do everything that drive.
Oh give me a break. One of the worst collections of weapons? Hilton alone is a better weapon than about 10 teams have. Let's not get dramatic.

I have thought for quite a while that I like this team, and this team with Luck, better than I ever liked the Manning led Colts. I mean that not just in terms of enjoying the games, but the team Is just better overall than it used to be and it's early in this program. And I think Luck will be more successful. Already he has done something Manning has never done, and as we all know Manning had a ton of comebacks. No Wayne, no big time RB, really awesome performance.
I guess Luck will forever be linked to Peyton Manning, but it's a slippery slope to find obscure stats and post them on what Luck has done and Manning has not.

Manning won a SB with Indy, can't take that away. Manning just finished the greatest statistical season by a QB in NFL history. It is probably wise to just focus in on Luck's accomplishments on their own.

That was a great comeback, but they were favored by 3 to win, the 1 point victory was hardly a shock and his 3 int early on in the game is a big reason why they were down.

They were at home and favored, next week they will be neither. That's when I want to see him take over a game. The Chiefs were giving up tons of points down the stretch of the regular season plus they had tons of injuries during yesterday's game.

I want to see him do it on the road.

To go along with his superb passing and underrated running, Luck clearly has incredible confidence and competitiveness and his teammates feed off of that. He certainly seems like he'll be a perennial Brady-type guy who will be able to will his teams to victory even if they don't necessarily look like they have the parts to win.

When all is said and done, Manning-to-Luck will be right there with Montana-to-Young and Favre-to-Rodgers as the greatest successive franchise QBs in NFL history.

He has one of the worst collection of weapons to work with in the entire NFL. I like Hilton, good playmaker, but he is far from a polished #1 NFL WR. I mean Luck literally had to do everything that drive.
Oh give me a break. One of the worst collections of weapons? Hilton alone is a better weapon than about 10 teams have. Let's not get dramatic.
I put Hilton, D Brown, TRich, Whalen, Rodgers, and Fleener towards the bottom of skill players. Jets, Raiders, Dolphins and Pats seem to be the only potentislly worse collections.ETA Seahawks also are pretty weak.

To go along with his superb passing and underrated running, Luck clearly has incredible confidence and competitiveness and his teammates feed off of that. He certainly seems like he'll be a perennial Brady-type guy who will be able to will his teams to victory even if they don't necessarily look like they have the parts to win.

When all is said and done, Manning-to-Luck will be right there with Montana-to-Young and Favre-to-Rodgers as the greatest successive franchise QBs in NFL history.
Yes, and as competitive and passionate as Luck is he never throws his teammates under the bus. He always compliments the team and takes responsibility when he makes a mistake. The guys really respect and loving him as a leader.

He didn't look very good in the first half.

That fumble recovery for a TD is a signature play on a signature drive that kind of mirrors Luck's career so far in a nutshell. It'll be scary if this team gets better and he can play from ahead more often.

That fumble recovery for a TD is a signature play on a signature drive that kind of mirrors Luck's career so far in a nutshell. It'll be scary if this team gets better and he can play from ahead more often.
Unfortunately Hamilton will probably be back next year.
I don't mind if Pep comes back. He just needs to allow Luck to run more no huddle and up tempo stuff and make the right calls at the line of scrimmage.

I put Hilton, D Brown, TRich, Whalen, Rodgers, and Fleener towards the bottom of skill players. Jets, Raiders, Dolphins and Pats seem to be the only potentislly worse collections.ETA Seahawks also are pretty weak.
I would agree. Their line isnt all that hot, and their RB/WRs/TEs are very close to the bottom of the league right now.

SOme of the guys have potential, but until that potential is realized, they are near the bottom.

it's not dramatic. he's surrounded by a bunch of #4-5 WRs, TY Hilton, and 2 mediocre to not quite mediocre RBs

Users who are viewing this thread