What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andrew Luck..... Love fest inside.... (2 Viewers)

PUBLISHED FRI DEC 7 2:15:41 P.M. MT 2018 

(RotoWire) Hilton (shoulder) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game in Houston.

Analysis: Coach Frank Reich seemed to hint Hilton would be a game-time decision earlier Friday when he said he was cautiously optimistic about the wideout's chances to play. Hilton will surely do everything in his power to suit up, as it will be awfully difficult for the Colts to reach the playoffs if they drop to 6-7 with six in-conference losses. A limited practice Friday puts him on the right path, but a final decision may not be made until early Sunday ahead of the 1 p.m. EST kickoff. Fellow wide receiver Dontrelle Inman (shoulder) has already been ruled out, leaving Ryan Grant, Zach Pascal and Chester Rogers as the top healthy options.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "it would be a major surprise" if T.Y. Hilton (questionable, shoulder) didn't play in Week 14 against the Texans.

Hilton remains a game-time decision, but he's expected to play. He's likely not going to be 100 percent after only getting in one practice this week. With the Colts missing Dontrelle Inman and Mo Alie-Cox, Hilton's in line for a heavy target share against a Texans secondary he shredded for 115 yards back in Week 4.

I still don't feel good about this game for Luck and I'm seriously considering benching him for Lamar Jackson.  It's hard for me to do this because he's my favorite player on my favorite team.  Perhaps I'm overthinking this and should just plug in Luck and forget about it.  I guess it just boils down to the Colts WRs for me and I think he will be under a lot of pressure from J J Watt and their other lineman..

Didn't he score 40 points against Houston earlier this year?
He did, but I think the circumstances are different.  Hilton isn't 100%, the Colts looked lost on offense last week, and the first game was in Indy.  We can't always trust past performances for future performances..  I fear the Houston pass rush today.  Against my better judgement i'm starting Luck over Jackson but I don't feel warm and fuzzy over it.  Because TY Hilton is playing it makes me feel a little better.  If he wasn't playing I would definitely have considered Jackson.  I hate the Colts WRs outside of Hilton.  Hopefully Ebron and Hilton can do enough to give Luck a decent game.  I think there is a good chance at just mediocre numbers from Luck, but I hope I'm wrong.  I definitely hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I trust your judgement since you know the Colts better than I do but I really need luck to perform well today in a must-win. So I'm right there with you

Glad I didn't overthink it, well I did, but I also played Luck over Jackson.  I'm liking that so far.  The Colts OL and defense are playing a hell of a game.  Should have been 17-0 at halftime.  The refs blew the personal foul call on Hooker that gave them their TD.  It should have been an int.

What are Luck owners thinking this week? I'm afraid the team will just rely on Mack for most of the day as they should have the game under control. FBG has him ranked #6!! This week which surprises me.

Granted my other option is Wilson vs KC, but the NYG is a juicy matchup as well.

Josh Allen is my only other QB which i picked up in case of emergency. I'd be hard pressed to start him over Luck any week, certainly this one. Last week was brutal though. Still 99% sure I start luck unless someone can talk me out of it. 

What are Luck owners thinking this week? I'm afraid the team will just rely on Mack for most of the day as they should have the game under control. FBG has him ranked #6!! This week which surprises me.

Granted my other option is Wilson vs KC, but the NYG is a juicy matchup as well.
I have Wilson too. Mot even a consideration that I play Luck. He cost me 2 finalsalready with that second Td less performance in three weeks. In fact I'm playing Mayfield over him in one  league for third place. I still think he's great but just see them running all over the Giants.

Last edited by a moderator:

If the Giants are without Beckham, they really struggle scoring points:

https://www.twitter.com/grahambarfield/status/1075448382716444673

Giants would probably not score a lot, Hilton didn't practice today again, Mack has been very successful (and Giants run defense is bottom 5) and Colts probably are playing with a lead in the 4th so Luck isn't getting a full game worth of passing script.

Wilson could easily play in a shootout with Mahomes or better yet, playing from behind in the 4th in a must win for Seattle.

I actually think 6 is low. Luck has overall QB1 upside against the Giants. They didn't just run Mack all day last week. Dallas was playing good pass defense, and bad run defense, so the Colts adjusted accordingly. Giants don't play good anything, and the Colts use a ton of playaction around the goal line, including last week, when Luck just missed a TD to Hilton and 1 to(I think) Allie-Cox. 

Mahomes, Ben, and maybe Brees, are the only QB's I'd be going over Luck this week.

I actually think 6 is low. Luck has overall QB1 upside against the Giants. They didn't just run Mack all day last week. Dallas was playing good pass defense, and bad run defense, so the Colts adjusted accordingly. Giants don't play good anything, and the Colts use a ton of playaction around the goal line, including last week, when Luck just missed a TD to Hilton and 1 to(I think) Allie-Cox. 

Mahomes, Ben, and maybe Brees, are the only QB's I'd be going over Luck this week.
Luck had 2 easy TDs he botched last week even with that game script.  Twice he had Hilton matched up with a LB for easy TDs, one a short 4 yard pass that you mentioned above that was a startling/rare really poor throw from him.

Interesting. You guys are making this difficult. 

SEA predicted score is 26 and the Colts is 29. 

SEA will likely have game script to favor passing as +2.5 dogs while the Colts are -9 favorites. SEA is generally a rushing team and IND is generally a pass team. 

Tough decision.

I think Luck is possibly the best QB in the NFL. He's not on the best team, but he's Marino or Peyton like in that when he comes to town everyone points out he is. You're not playing the Colts, but playing Luck. People complained of them similarly, and then when they came to town it was the same thing. It's pretty rare and special

Interesting. You guys are making this difficult. 

SEA predicted score is 26 and the Colts is 29. 

SEA will likely have game script to favor passing as +2.5 dogs while the Colts are -9 favorites. SEA is generally a rushing team and IND is generally a pass team. 

Tough decision.
Going Wilson but it is hard. After that amazing run though Luck has te TDs in the last 3 games. You have to think he’ll have success but they may also be able to pound it out. Who knows?

I think Luck is possibly the best QB in the NFL. He's not on the best team, but he's Marino or Peyton like in that when he comes to town everyone points out he is. You're not playing the Colts, but playing Luck. People complained of them similarly, and then when they came to town it was the same thing. It's pretty rare and special
The Colts are definitely a team on the upswing.  Ballard is pushing the right buttons with personnel and Reich is pushing the right buttons on the field.  In the 2019 draft they need to get an impact WR for sure.  Outside of Hilton their WRs suck.

I expect the Colts will win easily today and Luck and the defense will play well.

Luck returning to form is one of my favorite things in football right now. I thought the Colts roster was depleted of talent but they have a lot young skilled pieces on the roster. With a good 2019 offseason this team will be on the surge. Really rooting for Indy to get into the playoffs....what a great all around story.

I'm really interested to see the Indy D vs. the KC O.......they might be able to slow down Mahomes and Co. just enough so Indy can outscore em
It truly feels (to me) like Indy is on a Super Bowl run... barring a blizzard in Foxboro, I think they go.

Andrew Luck - QB -  Colts

Associated Press named Colts QB Andrew Luck its 2018 Comeback Player of the Year.

After missing all last season to shoulder surgery, there were doubts Luck would play this year. He went on to start all 16 games and set career highs in touchdowns (39) and completion percentage (67.3%). An improved offensive line allowed Luck to take the fewest sacks in the league. The Colts were among the most pass-heavy offenses with Luck healthy, taking them from four-win team to a Wild Card appearance. Still in his prime, 29-year-old Luck will return as one of the league's top quarterbacks.

Feb 2 - 6:36 PM

How does the Paris Campbell selection affect Luck? Was hoping the Colts would get a legit WR threat to pair with TY and a 6.11 graded NFL prospect seems to fit the bill perfectly.

Colts coach Frank Reich said Andrew Luck (calf) will sit out minicamp.

This injury has lingered long enough to warrant some concern, but it sounds like the Colts are just being cautious with their franchise player. Reich said Luck is expected to be a full-go for training camp.

SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Jun 11, 2019, 11:50 AM ET

Andrew Luck (calf) is 100 percent for the start of training camp.

Luck sat out minicamp but is ready go. Headed into his age-30 campaign, Luck is an elite QB1.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Jul 22, 2019, 2:36 PM ET

Andrew Luck (calf) did not practice Tuesday.

It is the second time he has missed practice over the last four days. It is possible the Colts are just managing his reps early in camp, but the absence is at least notable after Luck missed all of minicamp with the same calf injury. There does not seem to be any real concern as of now, but this is a situation to monitor.

SOURCE: Zak Keefer on Twitter

Jul 30, 2019, 9:26 AM ET

Colts coach Frank Reich said Andrew Luck (calf) is "not ready to take the next step" in his recovery.

Luck sat out all of minicamp because of his calf injury, but he was expected to be ready for the start of training camp. Luck said he has not improved "pain-wise," however, and the team will hold him back for at least a couple of days. Now going on three months, this injury is becoming a real concern.

SOURCE: Kevin Bowen on Twitter

Jul 30, 2019, 11:22 AM ET

Calf injuries are funny things...I eventually had to stop running/jogging as I repeatedly would pull it no matter how much time I took off.  I never wound up with a serious issue, but always felt like I now had this limit to what I could do or risk a very bad injury.

This is worrisome...

Colts coach Frank Reich said Andrew Luck (calf) will sit out the next three days of practice.

Reich also recently noted Luck was "not ready to take the next step." This affirms the team will continue to move their franchise play-caller along slowly with an eye on Week 1. Now going on three months, Luck's injury is becoming a genuine concern, especially since he's currently being drafted as fantasy's QB2.

SOURCE: Indianapolis Colts on Twitter

Aug 3, 2019, 6:48 PM ET

Calf strains are the worst. You really have to let them heal fully. And they are incredibly limiting. It's almost impossible to play through.

According to George Bremer of the Herald Bulletin, the Colts remain "confident and optimistic" Andrew Luck (calf) will be ready for Week 1 against the Chargers.

That's been the company line for the Colts all offseason, though we're going on three months of hearing about Luck's calf. Coach Frank Reich confirmed that Luck will be held out at least through the team's off day on Tuesday and admitted that the franchise quarterback is still dealing with a "degree of pain" in his injured calf. It seems the Colts are recycling many of the same lines they recited two years ago when Luck's balky shoulder kept him out for all of 2017. A notoriously slow healer, Luck's Week 1 status can no longer be taken for granted.

SOURCE: George Bremer on Twitter

Aug 9, 2019, 2:50 PM ET

Colts coach Frank Reich said Andrew Luck (calf) won't take part in joint practices with the Browns this week.

The Colts will practice alongside the Browns (their next preseason opponent) on Wednesday and Thursday, but they'll be doing so without Luck, who continues to be hampered by a nagging calf injury. ESPN's Mike Wells notes that Luck has only gotten three practices under his belt all offseason. Luck has been working on the side with quarterback guru Tom House, though there's still no estimate on when we might see him back on the gridiron. The Colts and Luck have both maintained that he'll be ready for Week 1, but we've seen this song and dance before with Indy. This is starting to look like 2017 all over again.

SOURCE: Mike Wells on Twitter

Aug 12, 2019, 11:07 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread