What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andrew Luck..... Love fest inside.... (2 Viewers)

I'm really falling in love with Luck as my #4 QB. Tons of weapons, no running game. I think he's gonna chuck it. And underrated with the legs as well.

If I can find the right value on him in my draft, I'll pull the trigger, because I think he's sitting on a huge season and can challenge the Big 3.

Everyone is saying if you don't get Brees Rodgers manning them draft the last QB. Took Gronk in 3rd. Luck 5.1

Recipe for VBD disaster

The team just doesn't look great at this point. I don't see a leap into the big 3. Would rather have Stafford or brady. brady is the guy who i feel is way undervalued.

Not convinced Luck has the supporting case or team offensive philosophy for a launch into the elite tier. He does appear to have the talent, but he just doesn't have the cast and pass-heavy philosophy around him that Manning, Brees, Stafford, and co. have.

The team just doesn't look great at this point. I don't see a leap into the big 3. Would rather have Stafford or brady. brady is the guy who i feel is way undervalued.
This. This is Gronk's last year in New England and last year's injury was from A DB taking out his knee. Gronk plays 19 games and Brady throws 42 TDs.

Not convinced Luck has the supporting case or team offensive philosophy for a launch into the elite tier. He does appear to have the talent, but he just doesn't have the cast and pass-heavy philosophy around him that Manning, Brees, Stafford, and co. have.
I think the supporting cast is good enough--IF Wayne is back to himself and Nicks and Allen can stay healthy--Luck has 5 above avg pass catchers at his disposal. More like 4 b/c I think Fleener is terribly overrated but still a good enough cast of people to throw the ball to.

The offensive philosophy and O-line play are big question marks that are not settled enough for me to keep luck in the top 5 on my board. My scoring system is unique but I've now moved Ryan above Luck and don't think there's a lot of space between Luck and the next 4-5 guys on my board.

I think the supporting cast is good enough--IF Wayne is back to himself and Nicks and Allen can stay healthy--Luck has 5 above avg pass catchers at his disposal. More like 4 b/c I think Fleener is terribly overrated but still a good enough cast of people to throw the ball to.

The offensive philosophy and O-line play are big question marks that are not settled enough for me to keep luck in the top 5 on my board. My scoring system is unique but I've now moved Ryan above Luck and don't think there's a lot of space between Luck and the next 4-5 guys on my board.
If, If, and If, and terribly overrated, don't exactly inspire me about his supporting cast. Wayne will be a reliable pass catcher, but he's never been a YAC guy, and his TDs will likely be down. Nicks is a shell of his former self. Allen -- who knows at this point. Fleener I think has potential, but it remains to be realized.

I think we are 2-3 years away from seeing Luck make the jump. The Colts need to add weapons in the post-Wayne era and they need to open up the offense more and trust they will win games on Luck's arm. Let him throw as often as Manning, Brees, Stafford, etc., and then I think we will see him in the elite tier. Not this year though. Not yet.

Nicks demise is greatly exaggerated. He's looked terrific to date. The only thing stopping Luck is blocking and philosophy.

If, If, and If, and terribly overrated, don't exactly inspire me about his supporting cast. Wayne will be a reliable pass catcher, but he's never been a YAC guy, and his TDs will likely be down. Nicks is a shell of his former self. Allen -- who knows at this point. Fleener I think has potential, but it remains to be realized.

I think we are 2-3 years away from seeing Luck make the jump. The Colts need to add weapons in the post-Wayne era and they need to open up the offense more and trust they will win games on Luck's arm. Let him throw as often as Manning, Brees, Stafford, etc., and then I think we will see him in the elite tier. Not this year though. Not yet.
I'm gambling he makes the jump this year. I think from 2015 onward Luck will be a fixture late first / early second rounder and top 3 FF QB. He'll be on a lot of championship rosters. (And I don't own him ... yet.)

I'm gambling he makes the jump this year. I think from 2015 onward Luck will be a fixture late first / early second rounder and top 3 FF QB. He'll be on a lot of championship rosters. (And I don't own him ... yet.)
I think that is too optimistic. He needs more protection than he will receive this year barring a miracle. His oline is a mess and that will have a noticeable impact on the offense. I own him and am excited about his future but am concerned we will be talking about his elite potential next year again.

Rotoworld:

Andrew Luck completed 20-of-34 passes for 172 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception in the Colts' 30-27, Week 2 loss to the Eagles on Monday night.

Luck saved his night with the three touchdowns, but he could have easily tossed three or four more interceptions. And the interception he did throw shouldn't have been one, as T.Y. Hilton was completely mugged on the play. The 5.1 YPA average is nearly two yards off his career mark. OC Pep Hamilton continues to be the problem in Indy. He consistently dialed up runs to Trent Richardson, who was having an okay night, but not a good enough one to warrant 22 touches. When Luck was asked to throw, it was short passes. The Colts travel to Jacksonville in Week 3. Luck is an obvious QB1 in a favorable matchup.

Sep 15 - 11:41 PM

Fleener dropped an easy TD pass too that would have resulted in a 5th passing TD.

That said, JAX is a really, REALLY bad team.

Is Luck making all of his WRs irrelevant with how much he spreads the ball? Not sure what to make of guys like Wayne and Hilton. WR3's with limited upside?

Purely from a fantasy perspective, the most encouraging aspect of this game is how much they threw the ball, especially in the red zone, in a game where it wasn't really necessary.

Purely from a fantasy perspective, the most encouraging aspect of this game is how much they threw the ball, especially in the red zone, in a game where it wasn't really necessary.
Yes agreed. They did run Richardson on 1st and goal from the 4 yard line twice in a row in the second half but he failed them both. Result on 3rd down was a td pass by Luck.

Yes agreed. They did run Richardson on 1st and goal from the 4 yard line twice in a row in the second half but he failed them both. Result on 3rd down was a td pass by Luck.
If they stick with Richardson, he can't punch it in, and they have to throw for their TD's. :thumbup:

If they bail and go with Bradshaw, he catches TD's. :thumbup:

Everything's coming up Luck!

Rotoworld:

Andrew Luck completed 25-of-44 passes for 370 yards, three touchdowns and an interception in Indianapolis' 33-28, Week 6 win over the Texans.

He also lost a fumble, one J.J. Watt housed for a touchdown. Luck and the Colts came out blazing, rolling up over 200 yards of offense in the first quarter as they raced to a 24-0 lead. Things bogged down thereafter as Watt began to assert his dominance, but Luck did just enough early damage for the Colts and his fantasy owners. Luck's pick was batted by Jared Crick, though he was lucky to escape with only one INT on a night where multiple passes got s(W)atted. Through six games, Luck has an incredible 1,987 yards and 17 touchdowns. The Bengals will try to slow him down in Week 7.

Oct 9 - 11:45 PM

Pep finally allowing Luck to win these games. The pass to run ratio is now in Luck's favor. The results speak for themselves as the Colts have won 4 in a row.

Rotoworld:

Andrew Luck completed 27-of-42 passes for 344 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions in Sunday's Week 7 win over the Bengals.

Luck continues to pile up ridiculous numbers, and he does it with ease. With OC Pep Hamilton taking the chains off, Luck has gone over 300 passing yards in 6-of-7 games and has at least 40 attempts in five of them. Note that he had more than 40 attempts in a game just four times all of last season. Luck will be in the conversation for No. 1 fantasy quarterback weekly, especially in a luxurious Week 8 matchup against the Steelers.

Oct 19 - 4:24 PM

for those that have him,, have you been taking any look at who you will obtain off waivers for his bye week

Rotoworld:

Andrew Luck - QB - Colts

The Colts are calling a pass on 64 percent of their plays, by far the highest rate in the NFL.

Last year, Andrew Luck attempted just 35.6 passes per game and went over 40 attempts four times. This year, OC Pep Hamilton has opened his eyes and seen he has a generational quarterback on his team. Luck is now averaging an absurd 43.6 pass attempts per game -- five more than Peyton Manning. This kind of massive volume gives Luck a sky-high ceiling each and every week as fantasy's No. 1 quarterback.

Source: Mike Clay on Twitter

Nov 4 - 9:15 AM

Acrobat7 said:
for those that have him,, have you been taking any look at who you will obtain off waivers for his bye week
I actually had to check who my second QB is in the dynasty where I have Luck. Cutler it is for Luck's bye.
I am rolling out vick because with rushing yards i am hopeful his floor is pretty high. I worry a guy like bortles will get me zero

Acrobat7 said:
I actually had to check who my second QB is in the dynasty where I have Luck. Cutler it is for Luck's bye.
I am rolling out vick because with rushing yards i am hopeful his floor is pretty high. I worry a guy like bortles will get me zero
scooped ben last week feeling good

Acrobat7 said:
I went without a backup for a while in a short bench league since Luck has been so good. Palmer became available a week or so ago, so I snagged him.

Acrobat7 said:
Was planning to go with Vick but his foot injury has me concerned that he won't run as much. While the Steelers don't have the best defense, they've been very good and stopping QB's from running.

Users who are viewing this thread