Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Carter_Can_Fly

Andrew Luck..... Love fest inside....

In a 2 QB league where this guy was the #1 pick, would anyone be trying to buy with a huge offer and maybe pry the guy away after these first two tough games? Or are people legitimately concerned here? Would you deal away guys like Brady, Wilson, Roethlesberger as well as some extra juice for him?

Looking back at the game logs, it appears he's been struggling since week 13 of last year. If I did my math correctly he's something like 12 TDs vs 14 INTs in his last 9 games including playoffs. Passer rating less than 80 in all but 2 of those games.

I don't suppose he forgot how to play QB, but I'd be a little worried. :unsure:

ETA: Maybe there's some context to all this that I'm missing. I don't follow the team that closely.

Can it be tied to Bradshaw's injury? They kept taking Gore out last night and replacing him with Robinson who was struggling with pass-pro. Luck rarely had a clean pocket to throw the ball. His receivers couldn't get open either.

In a 2 QB league where this guy was the #1 pick, would anyone be trying to buy with a huge offer and maybe pry the guy away after these first two tough games? Or are people legitimately concerned here? Would you deal away guys like Brady, Wilson, Roethlesberger as well as some extra juice for him?

He plays Jac, Hou, Tenn 2x a year and gets to throw whenever he likes. No

I don't think Luck has any more upside than Brady or Ben and both of those guys have much better supporting casts. Not sure what the point of trading them for Luck would be.

bad coaching..instead of 5-7 step drops and looking 20+ yards down field every play, maybe they should actually look at at what Brady and the Patriots are doing...or perhaps Luck isn't smart enough

This is the time to trade for Luck, but honestly I don't want to trade too much because the struggles seem pretty real. I'd rather have Luck over someone like Ryan Tannehill but obviously not over someone like Tom Brady.

I think I would rank Big Ben over Luck, too.

bad coaching..instead of 5-7 step drops and looking 20+ yards down field every play, maybe they should actually look at at what Brady and the Patriots are doing...or perhaps Luck isn't smart enough

:fishing: He graduated from Stanford.

:fishing: He graduated from Stanford.

which makes him football smart??

I had asked earlier if you should still make a big offer in a 6pt td or 2 qb league. If the price was low I'd for sure buy. It takes time for new pieces to acclimate and chemistry to build. Look at all the offenses with a bunch of new parts struggling. Indy, Philly, Graham in Sea, Miami. Take a little time. There's going to come a point when things start clicking for all for of those teams. Indy and Philly need to fix the o-line first and foremost. Luck turns the ball over because he's constantly under duress and getting hit. Last night he's trying to make plays and get it to guys who couldn't get open. He had to at least try to force it in there or he was going to just keep taking sacks while trailing.

There is no need to panic at all. Luck will still have huge weeks going forward and be a lot more consistent. I really don't see low points like this going forward. It has been a bad start no doubt, but Luck is a stud and will be fine. Even the great ones have off games. Heck last year after week 4 their was the masses saying Tom Brady's arm was finished and he is on the decline. In 2 qb leagues Brady did not have his first 20 point week till week 5 last year. Luck has had a slow start but even last week he had over 20 fantasy points. Too many knee jerk reactions here.

NERD NOTES: Andrew Luck has the most turnovers in the NFL since the beginning of the 2014 season (28).

Also has the most total TD's during that span.

Also in a tie for the least amount of rings in that span.

Enjoy your game manager.

Bought him pretty low yesterday. He's seen the 2 best defenses he'll see all year so far. Should be smooth sailing from here on out.

This right here. The Jets are going to shut down every passing game they face.

Debating putting him in the bench for Palmer who has been en fuego.

You will regret that one. Just start Luck.

What if your other choice is Brady?

I still say Luck. He has the Titans and is looking to bounce back in a big way.

He's clearly going to catch fire at some point, but it's frustrating. I own him in dynasty leagues and I'm managing to pull out wins without much help from him in some leagues, but I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I'd spent a 1st or 2nd round redraft pick on him.

Words I didn't expect to say this season:

Picking up Carr to start over a healthy Luck next week.

First time I have ever owned him in any league and this is what I get. Somehow I'll be 2-1 without him, but I was not thinking that I'll have to start combing the waivers in week 3.

Andrew Luck (shoulder) was not with the other quarterbacks at the start of Friday's practice.

Luck hasn't done much at practice this week and at this point it's a coin flip whether he plays Sunday against Jacksonville. It's not a great sign that Indianapolis just added backup quarterback Josh Johnson. Veteran Matt Hasslebeck would start if Luck can't go on Sunday.

Source: Andrew Luck suffered subluxation of throwing shoulder, has consulted 3 doctors

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Oct. 5, 2015) – Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck suffered a subluxation of his throwing shoulder, Indy Sports Central’s Chris Hagan has learned.

A source close to the situation says at least three out-of-state experts have looked at the injury and given their input. Luck had an MRI a week ago. The injury is also known as a partial separation of the shoulder.

Doctors are concerned about Luck’s labrum, which is hard to read from the MRI with this type of injury. The biggest concerns about Luck at the moment are pain and arm strength.

The Colts quarterback injured his shoulder in the team’s week three win against the Tennessee Titans. He sat out this week’s game against Jacksonville and his status for Thursday’s game against the Houston Texans is in doubt.

http://indysportscentral.com/2015/10/05/source-andrew-luck-suffered-subluxation-of-throwing-shoulder-has-consulted-3-doctors/