What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl V - Is there a copy of the tv telecast anywere? (1 Viewer)

I read that NBC recycled tapes in those days because of $$$ and that someone did own a copy but wouldn't release it. I guess we can be assured that NFL films owns a copy, but we will never be able to relive the "Blunder Bowl". I remember watching the game when I was 11 years old and was scared to death when Dallas had the ball in the final minutes, but when Craig Morton threw that interception to "Mad Dog" Mike Curtis, I jumped out of that chair in jubilation. I would love to be able to see that entire game again, but I guess it will never happen in my lifetime.

tenyardtorrents has this bit of it

Super Bowl V (partial-most of 2nd quarter)
Baltimore Colts vs Dallas Cowboys
January 17,1971
Orange Bowl- Miami, FL (79,204)
2:00pm - NBC - Curt Gowdy/Kyle Rote/Bill Enis
Source: Umatic video from network Archive> DVD> ISO image
Total File Size:2.09GB

95802f8a484b7aaf9e3ebcd5d6cf90a2fc111351

Anyone know the frequency these guys accept new registrations? They're "full" at current.

I read that NBC recycled tapes in those days because of $$$ and that someone did own a copy but wouldn't release it. I guess we can be assured that NFL films owns a copy, but we will never be able to relive the "Blunder Bowl". I remember watching the game when I was 11 years old and was scared to death when Dallas had the ball in the final minutes, but when Craig Morton threw that interception to "Mad Dog" Mike Curtis, I jumped out of that chair in jubilation. I would love to be able to see that entire game again, but I guess it will never happen in my lifetime.
we need to send some FBG over to get the tapes for you :boxing:

-QG

we need to send some FBG over to get the tapes for you :boxing:

-QG
I'd pay for a copy for sure.

I bought this DVD. It's a 3 hour 19 minute dvd and is about as good as I'm going to get.

Super Bowl 5 (1/17/71) Baltimore Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys. Television broadcast of the 2nd quarter, along with the T.V. audio broadcast of the pre-game show, 1st, 3rd, 4th quarters and post-game show. Johnny Unitas throws a 75-yard TD pass during the second quarter. Jim O’Brien kicks the game-winning field goal with 5 seconds remaining. Includes the 25-minute “Highlights Of Super Bowl 5” video. Custom DVD. 3:19 total. -- $20.95

Users who are viewing this thread